1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Age of realization

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pronua, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Wellie Boots

Out Status:
    Some people
    About 12 when I first started to think about it and 13 when it finnaly hit me.

2. OhCrap

OhCrap Guest

15. I kept having...interesting dreams involving people with every possible sex and gender. And I also realized that staring at othe girls boobs wasn't generally something straight people did, especially not right before turning around and checking out a guy as well.

3. Bradley

I finally accepted that I was gay when I was around 20. Before that I tried to convince myself that I hadn't met the right girl yet or that I was bi.

4. Queeran

Queeran Guest

For as long as I can remember, I've had an attraction to women. For a long while I thought I was bisexual but I realized that I was only trying to force an attraction to men because I thought I was only supposed to like them. I realized around age 15 that I had absolutely no desire whatsoever to be with a man and began accepting myself as lesbian.

I just recently discovered that I'm genderqueer. I'd been feeling a bit dysphoric for roughly two years but with my last girlfriend, I couldn't talk about it openly so I tried to push it all aside. My current girlfriend has been nothing but supportive and has allowed me to inquire about my gender and helped me finally realize I identify as genderqueer.

5. i always thought girls had thoughts that i did.
    i didnt realise they didnt, till i was about 14/15.

6. DJT

DJT Guest

I think i realsied around about 13/14, but before then I didn't even realise what gay was!

7. outcast2005

outcast2005 Guest

I was the same way. I kept wondering why we had to hide it.

8. Flying Squirrel

I knew something was up when I was 11ish. For a long time I tried to attribute it to hormonal changes in puberty and I truly thought that all guys thought the thoughts that I thought concerning other guys. It took another few years till I was 18/19 to actually consider myself to be gay... In retrospect, part of me always knew; I just didn't believe it.

9. SFSorrow

I feel rather old compared to most other people here, although with hindsight there were some clues in my teens I think I wholeheartedly absorbed the message that most people are a little bit bi, so thought nothing of it and thought I was basically straight, until my early 20s when I started to question if there could be a bit more going on, and only started to properly face up to it when I was about 25.

10. Greenly79

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This actually makes me feel a bit better. I also realized something was "wrong" when I was 11-12. Why did Catholic schoolgirls in the 90s have to wear those over-the-knee socks??

11. DarkClarity

I was 13 when I realised that I was 'different' but I didn' even know that homosexuality or bisexuality existed until a year later. To this day, I still struggle with it although, it's not that big a deal anymore especially since I have other stuff I have to deal with now.

12. Nemo39122

I'm not really sure...I realized I was bisexual around 15-16. But that was after a few years of kind of knowing deep down that I wasn't straight but being in complete denial. Another interesting thing I noticed after I realized my orientation was that looking back, the word "straight" never seemed quite right even at a very young age. I didn't know why, I thought I was straight, I just had this feeling...