1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A nice guy I met on vacation

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by trojan, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good luck with your next time seeing him !

trojan likes this.
  2. trojan

He initiated meeting me. I was talking to someone else and he waited for the person to leave before he approached me. Then he walked up and introduced himself.
    We sort of look like the same kind of person. Like it could easily become friend zone.
    You're probably right about the wincing, I'm probably reading too much into it.
    I'm a little intimidated by his somewhat foreward ways. He asked a few times about my past relationships with women, and I explained what happened to them and why I am not in a relationship with anyone. He didn't offer any stories about himself with women.
    He always initiates the dinner out together and the walking around.
    I am too self conscious about my age difference to ask him to go places. But now that I am discussing it here on EC it seems like it is all in my imagination. He doesn't care about my age.
    The few guys I have flirted with and touched were even younger than him, so apparently that's what I am attracted to.
    He's actually not that young and maybe 2/3rds my age, although he never told me his age.
    I'll be around him for several months
    I've thought about him a lot
    Yes 'pretty' might be the right term for him, and he cultivates his prettiness rather than subdue it.
    Like I said several times: he sorta takes charge when we are around each other, putting up the barriers and breaking them. Deciding how much time we will spend together, when we are finished being together, etc. When he is done with me we part company. When we part company is the moment I will receive a stroke on the arm goodbye or that one time he slides his hand down my back and a momentary pause on my butt. Also as we part he invades my space and often bumps our bodies together.
    He initiates all of this. I never do

3. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Did you ever get to see him again ?

4. trojan

not yet...soon. I'm in the place and we are going on a day adventure together soon

5. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Are you gonna try the hand holding thing ?

6. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How did it go ?

7. trojan

OK, we went on the hike.

A few new developments.

Most important is that we are almost the same age. I said before that I thought he would ‘cringe’ when I told him how old I am, but I mis-read that. He might have been the same as me, thinking he is too old for me. We both aged well. I don’t look my age, and he also looks a lot younger than he is. Kinda girly looking, cute even. I find him attractive.

OK, next, while we were on the hike he starts telling me how he makes a living to pay for his travels. He scams people, he lies to innocent people to steal their money from them.

It didn’t sit well with me. I’m pretty honest, and earn my travels by the sweat of my brow in an occupation that makes the world a better place.

He contacted me twice, but I didn’t say much or encourage him.

But I am starting to reconsider. I have kissed one guy on the lips and another time I stroked a guy. In neither case was there any emotional involvement.

I don’t want to get emotionally involved with this guy. I just want a hook-up. I want a one night stand while on vacation.

I’m pretty sure he is gay. He told me a story of a girlfriend years ago, but it really sounded like he was making it up to cover himself. I don’t think there was any girlfriend five years ago.

We seem to have a connection. Maybe I should ask him to go again and just flat out tell him I am looking for a boyfriend. Or hint at it? I’ll have to overlook the fact that he is a thief.

We might even end up in bed together.

#27 trojan, Nov 6, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
  8. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Did you try the hand holding thing ?

9. trojan

No, I didn’t do anything. I got ‘cold feet’ a little, as to some of the hints he might or might not have been giving.

I told you about the silly story where he had a girlfriend years ago. It was like he was getting nervous that I might figure out he was gay, wasnt ready for that, and made up a story.

But then again, I have proven countless times that I am poor at reading things.

OK, here is the thing:

If I am willing to overlook the fact that he is a criminal.

And all I want is a short fling on Vacation.

Would it be weird to explain to him by email that I am inexperienced but think I am looking for a boyfriend?

At least we would have it out in the air.

He has shown a few times that is what he is thinking.

There is no girlfriend in his past. He’s kinda cute.

10. trojan

what do you think I should do as to my reply? Should I email and tell him I'm hot for him? Or should I ask him on a date?
    I'm counting on you guys. I don't know what to do, but I DO think he likes me.

11. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ask him out a date and see what happens my question is do just want a hookup/ fling or actually want a boyfriend/relationship ?

12. trojan

Here is the point:

He is a criminal and a thief of innocent people.

I was looking for a boyfriend, but then decided he is not for me.

Then as I said, I touched a couple different guys, and there was no emotional attachment, I just kissed and touched them.

And so I was relating it to the present situation. I don’t want to become emotionally involved with a shady guy. But I might want to hook up.

And as I explained, it turns out that we are the same age. That seemed important before, but anyway I’m glad he’s in my age range.

Also, I really do think the ‘girlfriend’ story was to throw me off if I was ‘anti-LGBT”.

OK, so I take it emailing that I am looking for a boyfriend is sorta flakey, and you think a date is more appropriate.

I’m not sure how to initiate the conversation. Maybe ask why he doesn’t have a girlfriend? I mean, guys talk like that, eh? Somehow on the next date I hope to try to get it across that I might be willing to be intimate with him.

I’m just not sure how.

Last time I got all cleaned up and looking as hot as I could. I ‘think’ but not sure that he was hinting, but he got cold feet too and made up this flakey story about a girlfrien years ago to cover his tracks if I thought he was hitting on me.

I’ll try better next time.

I’ll contact him this evening, especially if any other members chime in and offer advice.

I’m still thinking of at least hinting about it by email.

Well, anyway, I wanted to say in this message that I really liked our hike. When we go again, I’m hoping we get to know each other a little better, because I think you are pretty special.

Or something like that? Maybe not

13. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe ask him out on a date and see,what he says or maybe another hike again. When you gonna see him again ?

14. trojan

well, right now we just communicate online. but in the last one he sent one of those little faces with a tear drop like he misses me. I can contact him anytime. he contacted me twice now, once with a tear drop face. Yesterday he contacted me. I think tomorrow ill ask him to walk or hike. that is innocent enough. Last time I was like "WTF was I thinking, but now I sorta think he is thinking the same as me

15. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hope it goes well ?

16. trojan

speak of the devil and he just contacted me. first, he rambled around, as if unsure what to say, and finally asked me to go out. Looking good!

PJ208 likes this.
  17. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Awesome so happy for you

18. PJ208

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Spend some more time with him. Then maybe just ask about his orientation. You are probably right that he is gay but before you just try to kiss him, understand if he's not into you in that way it may hurt the friendship. Ask him about it, just talking openly may give you the intel you need to make an educated decision rather than an unannounced gesture that might offend.

trojan likes this.
  19. PJ208

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nice. There ya go!

20. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He