1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2010 Winter Olympics

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Emberstone, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Dan82

Are the establishing shots NBC uses filmed anywhere near where the games are?

2. SlickyPants

I've always thought Kevin Martin sort of looks like the bald Fountain Tire guy.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Resemblance anybody?

3. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    YAY! Another gold medal last night, and a bronze too!

We are still #3 in the medal count with 6 gold medals, 3 silver medals and 5 bronze medals, 14 medals all together. Not bad for a country with less than 5 mill people!

4. RaeofLite

Yay! Canada won Gold in Ice Dancing! I didn't even know there was such a thing as Ice Dancing til now... :lol:

I just thought there were various skating competitions, dance excluded.

1. USA
    2. Germany
    3. Norway
    4. Russia
    5. Canada
    http://www.ctvolympics.ca/

#104 RaeofLite, Feb 22, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  5. Dan82

That Canadian ice dancer is incredibly cute.

6. Johnnieguy

Tonight while bowling it occured to me why it is not an Olympic sport. 300 is a perfect game, and if you are in the Olympics, chances are you are going to be getting 300s consistently. It would be awfully difficult to narrow the field down to 3 medalists.

7. VanceA

I love me some curler..

[​IMG]

And he's a firefigher too...

Just to clarify, the guy on the right.

8. TriBi

Actually, Lawn Bowls are one of the 'sports' in the Commonwealth Games. I'm still trying to get my head around that one...what next - Darts? :eek:

9. Halpert

I agree! :grin:
    Does anyone else find curling extremely relaxing to watch? I still like all the other sports, but I find curling just so relaxing!

10. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    OMG! What an AMAZING day for Norway! Ah, this day could not have gone any better, well, I guess the only think lacking was a gold medal. But I don't even care. I can not be unhappy with today. We won a silver AND bronze medal in Men's Giant Slalom, a silver in Women's Ski Cross AND we won over The UK in curling. F-ing AMAZING day! We messed up in Nordic Combined and 10 000 m Speed Skating, but like I said, don't care.

Norway now has 17 medals I think.. 6 gold medals, 5 silver medals and 6 bronze medals. Not bad for a country with less than 5 million people. So Canada's lame excuse for not winning more medals than USA is crap. We are #3 in the medal standings, and we are probably the smallest country competing in The Olympics! Oh yeah, and we have over TWICE as many medals as Sweden! Hahaha. The most important thing is of course to beat Sweden.

----------

WTH?!?! You didn't know about ice dancing?

I've been a fan of Tessa and Scott for years after I saw them win silver a couple of years ago at The Worlds. I nearly cried watching their dance. It was the most beautifully and wonderfully excecuted dance I have ever seen. I had tears in my eyes watching it. Those not being emotional by watching that must be dead inside!

Good luck to Joannie Rochette too. Poor gal losing her mother only two days before competing. I can't even begin to imagine how tough that might be. I hope she does well on the ice, and does her mother proud, as a memory to her. I think that is what her mother wanted, her to continue. She has worked so hard for this, and this is a wonderful tribute to her mother. I will be proud of her no matter how she does. Just stepping out on that ice makes her a gold medal winner in my eyes.

And I still want Canada to adopt me. I've been a fan of the country for years, I am just amazed with it. I always root for you guys in all the events. I even wanted you to win over Norway in curling, and you did. I just didn't dare to say that out loud. I don't think I would have become very popular here! lol

----------

Oh and btw, that dreamy Canadian curler is a major hottie! Wow, just.. WOW! I have no words. Scott Moir is a cutie too. Canadians are all so majorly hot. No wonder there are so many Canadian actors doing so well in Hollywood. You have the looks to make it down there. I have no idea what they put in your water, but I wish they put it in the water in Norway too.

11. retroflux

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Scott is soooo adorable. So hot. I've also been rooting for tessa and scott for a year or so now and I'm so glad they won gold. Definitely well-deserved. Their skate was beautiful and I think their original dance program was actually even better :slight_smile:

12. Emberstone

curling rock!!!

a sport does not have to be about BAM! fast action to be a sport. curling takes skill, strategy. it is a event based on control and subtlety.

DON'T BASH MY LOVE... OR SNOWBOARD/SKICROSS. I CUT YOU!

13. Sylver

Not to belabor the point (and not that I'd want to be cut :icon_bigg), but I thought the Olympics was about skill and athleticism. There's no question that curling takes skill, but athleticism? Curling is a ritual around these parts, and most curlers 'round here aren't exactly athletic specimens. And even the pros aren't very herculean. If a "sport" doesn't require athleticism as a prerequisite, then I agree with the above that darts and lawn bowling should be Olympic sports - they both require lots of skill but not much physical prowess. I'm not sure about beer pong though...

14. Emberstone

skeet shooting in the summer games and archery are not highly athletic, in that they dont require stamina, just skill and paitence.

15. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Canada had a big day at the Olympics. Four medals....including a gold. Two in women's bobsleigh, in women short-track speedskating and a medal in speed skating (5000 metres) :grin:

[YOUTUBE]sZX-CzXyXDo[/YOUTUBE]

16. RaeofLite

Awesome video Mirko. We really do live in a beautiful country, (despite our ridiculous taxes). :slight_smile:

And...

GO CANADA, GO! :thewave:

17. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Australia's just kicked in another gold medal :slight_smile: I think this is more medals than we've ever got in the Winter Olympics before. Still not much compared to a lot of countries, but we don't exactly have a good climate for winter sports :lol:

18. Emberstone

I am bored with the olympics now...

19. Sylver

OK, but let's be honest, we're now building towards the gold medal of all gold medal events - Canada vs. the USA in hockey!! Soon we shall learn who is the real world superpower!! Mwa ha ha!!

20. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I still cannot believe stupid SWEDEN beat us yesterday in cross country skiing.. Ugh :frowning2: It's like the biggest blow. F-ing Sweden beating us. It is the worst thing that can happen.

I will be rooting for Joannie today. I feel so bad for her. She is AMAZING though. A personal best at the Olympics at home ground and while grieving. She is just an amazing person and an amazing athlete. I'm sure her mother is proud of her and watching her from somewhere.