1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YouTube Fell Down the Rabbit Hole...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by GirlWhoWaited, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [​IMG]

---------- Post added 11th Nov 2013 at 10:36 PM ----------

[YOUTUBE]9u6Bfnq3aZk[/YOUTUBE]

2. Ridiculous

Video comments are automatically expanded and you can't contract them on the mobile app. That combined with the fact there is no character limit makes it very nice and user friendly when someone copies and pastes the entire article for 'Penis' from Wikipedia.

3. Illusion

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    And now, they've turned the like bar and button blue for some reason...

4. Strathclyder

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This I'm not too bothered by.

5. Sarcastic Luck

...This makes me laugh greatly, because anonymous posting is pretty much what you're doing here. Using a username on youtube is no different than using a username here.

That said, youtube comments are a larger cesspool than they once were. The shitty comments would get down voted into oblivion, now, they have a tendency to be the top ones because they're "relevant", read "have the most comments".

Not to mention, most of the video comments anymore are nothing but the stupid 2007 era Bob stick figure/war on Bob ASCI art bs. Of course, now with the comments having no character limit you get giant ASCI penises, swastikas, pedobears, and whatever edgy things people can think of.

Oh yeah. Major improvement /sarcasm

6. Linthras

Linthras Guest

With a passion.
    I can no longer see original comments that preceed a line of responses without opening a new tab and having another instance of the same video playing.
    It's ludicrous.

7. Johneh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

I have missed bob!

They seem to have added back the ability to like and dislike comments for me. I still don't like having to untick "share to google+" everytime I want to comment.

#47 Johneh, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  8. BiPenguin

Youtube has turned to shit. I have moved my video content over to Dailymotion.com and to thetrendo.com :slight_smile:

I refuse to have to be signed into 2 G+ accounts and my Youtube account to do anything. It's ridiculous!

9. Ruthven

lol I swear it took me two hours to figure out how to change my name on google shit. They specifically make it difficult and hide it. But I prevailed (thanks to someone's youtube vid) and managed to replace it with a random fake name.

And to delete gmail, how the hell is anyone supposed to know to go under products, I expect deletion and shit to be under something like settings. :dry:

10. Linthras

Linthras Guest

11. Ticklish Fish

hey what's wrong with the time tag on youtube? now I can't click things

12. lukeluvznicki13

had a weird vision of youtube replacing alice when she fell down the rabbit hole o.o

13. timo

My eyes started bleeding when I first noticed that change

14. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't notice that tbh. These little changes remind me of what Tumblr does all the time. If it's not broken, don't fix it.

15. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    I don't mind the changes. As long as I can comment and see other comments, I'm fine. Just hate the fact that people have to call eachother idiots and various swear words for getting something wrong. :frowning2:

16. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd post under my real name if I could, but I'm prevented from doing so by the site policy.

17. Ticklish Fish

So I am watching a "It gets Better" video...

I can't really comment now that the anonymity is gone, even though I just posted a reply. Like, what if my comment shows up on my youtube channel for public to see or on my google+? AHHHHH #closetproblem

18. Ruthven

And that anonymity is for cowards mentality thing... What's wrong with wanting to be a little more safe? And I mean seriously, what about the young kids? Aren't they especially more vulnerable than us older peeps? So they're out there without anonymity which can help (to at least some extent) protect them, and now it's just a little bit easier for them to be taken advantage of and all that, right? I mean, I know it's not that hard to find out exactly who someone is even without their full real name on something, but still...I kinda feel it might make younger kids think it's okay to just share their personal info with anyone, like their address and stuff. I know some already do that but this certainly doesn't help matters...

I remember the early days when it was considered smart to not plaster all your information on the internet. I'm just kinda shocked that it's now come down to this.

19. Lunarchy

Did no one else notice that Youtube has starting pausing videos every 7 minutes to play an ad? I thought it was a glitch at first, but me, and two of my friends have experienced the same thing! And google paid adblock a large sum of money to stop them from blocking youtube ads!

We really, really, REALLY, need a new youtube!

20. Ruthven

I wouldn't know about that myself, cause I've been using firefox mainly, and for some reason I never get ads on youtube, even though I haven't downloaded anything like adblock. Maybe it's related to me not updating it I don't know...

But that sucks that's happening with you and anyone else. And they're bribing adblock too? Ugh, it's all so ridiculous. Google's really disgusting seriously.