1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you date someone transgendered if they were still their birth sex?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by maverick, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Zeketra

Zeketra Guest

Looks like i went a little off topic! Ignore me, i just have a lot going on at the moment...

On topic though!

Yes i would date an Mtf and an FtM! Personality is really the most importent thing to me. Honestly? I might even find guys attractive if i liked their personality. Im calling myself a lesbian because its what i find i lean towards the most, what else i like has yet to be fully understood noor is it really a problem. My orientation can wait, its not even a big deal to me.

#41 Zeketra, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2011
  2. Shmoe

If I love them, I don't care what gender they are. I identify as gay right now, but who knows, I may fall for some one sexy FtM fellow.

3. just b urself

yes i would.i think that love is genderless.u cant help who u love and if u love someone,u should love them regardless.

4. FloatingPiano

This is a bit of a tough question, but I think it would really depend on the person. If I feel for someone who was trans, I would be dating them because of who they are as a person. Though I identify as a lesbian, I still try to keep on open mind. :slight_smile:

5. maverick

I guess the real question is, "Will lesbian women be willing to date me for my sexy female bod and be able to overlook my male mind?" :lol:

(Whatever THAT means....)

I'd like to think that even if I was born a cisgendered guy, I would be the sensitive (dare I say chivalrous and romantic?) type. So I don't think any lesbian woman I date would have to be worried about dating a male chauvinist pig who just happens to have boobs or anything...but they might have to deal with me being ridiculously, stereotypically butch. Like the-female-bodied-equivalent-of-a-26-year-old-man butch. I can girl it up with the best of them if I have to, but at best it makes me feel silly, and at worst it is humiliating. And when I wear a dress, I don't look like a girl, I look (and feel) like a dude in a dress.

I guess I'm just worried that once I start dating, I'll have to "femme up" in order to attract gay women...and even if I become more comfortable with being identified as a "butch lesbian", there is always going to be a part of me that identifies FtM, and will always set me apart from the lesbian community. I don't know if I'll ever get over feeling an outsider over it, or feeling like I need to hide it from potential partners.

It sounds silly when I say it out loud, and if last Saturday night proved anything, it's that I can be as butch as I want and STILL attract girls. <3 So I'm not nearly as worried about it as I was when I started this thread.

#45 maverick, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  6. mischa91

I think i would date either thought i'd probably be more comfortable with a ftm. The plumbing doesn't really matter much to me, being bi and also bi gendered i think for me who the person is matters most.

I was actually wondering about this myself the other day, being that i sometimes feel very masculine and act very much like a man i was wondering how a guy would take this behaviour.

7. Aya McCabre

It's unlikely that I would date a trans guy.... we tend to get on well but only as friends. I couldn't say if sex would kill a relationship with a trans woman, but it wouldn't stop me from trying if I liked her.
    It's also possibly worth mentioning that I define lesbian (for myself) as dating female (or female-ish) bodies and minds that are not male. Someone with no gender and a female body falls well within that definition.

8. British Lad

British Lad Guest

I don't know maybe, as I like men (all aspecs) It would have to take somebody specail for me to date them and if they were going to transion then it would be all the way not half way house as I find people like that just odd thats both ways around (girls with a cock and men with a virgina) so I don't know. Besides I am more of a bottom and a Virgina is not going to help me in bed.

9. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, sorry.

10. maverick

Keep 'em coming guys, I appreciate everybody's honesty and thoughtful replies. :thumbsup:

11. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really don't know. My first thought was no, I don't think I could. But late last year/early this year I fell for someone who's genderqueer, and we had a pretty strong spark, which I didn't know if I'd ever have with someone who's not female-identified. If I really click with someone, I don't think gender would be a deciding factor. I just don't know if it'll happen again.

12. DarkClarity

Yes I would. I honestly don't think it would bother me.

13. pinkclare

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm mostly gay and I (probably) wouldn't date a trans woman because she's a woman! But I would date a trans man regardless of his transition status.

Although I do tend to be more attracted to male bodies, brains matter much more when it comes to real relationships. I want to date people who think and feel like men. However their bodies work, I'm sure we'll be able to work it out :wink:

14. Undecided John

Well, once I am probably bisexual, I guess that anything would be at least worthy a try. But it would also depends on the transition stage. If a MtF looked more like an effeminate guy, he would not attract at all, but if he (is it wrong using this pronoun? if so, sorry) had a woman's body, but a male sexual organ, then I could deal with it, I guess. I still feel weird thinking about it, but I put that on the account of some remaining prejudices.
    With a FtM, also would depend, cause I like feminine girls, after all. Maybe a too masculine acting/looking girl would scare me a little bit. But could work, since I'm not exactly the most straight looking guy on the world. I mean, I don't look "feminine", but I don't fit the male stereotype.
    In the end, the previous friendship would had the last word. Bodies and faces and sex and gender are important, but I always liked people (only girls, until now, but things are changing) by what they are as a whole, not some specific and isolated characteristic.