1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why do so many couples bareback?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by GoinStag, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One other point of reference, slightly off-topic, something I don't think a lot of people think about (I didn't, till it was pointed out to me.)

When we refer to people who are HIV- as "clean", we're inherently implying that people who are HIV+ are "dirty." I would be very surprised if we do not have at least a handful of HIV+ members, or at least, reader/lurkers here. They may never have described themselves as HIV+, and they may not feel comfortable enough to post about it, but every person I've ever talked to who is HIV+ is hurt or bothered by the use of the word "clean." A better choice is "positive" or "reactive" or "living with HIV".

2. Emberstone

but... but.... some of them are flavored... mmmmmm.... tasty.

3. TroubledRyan

wow I had no idea bareback was such a turn-on.
    personally I like condoms, and like a few posters above me said, it shows the effort when they put it on.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Exactly Chip. My friend is positive and he got pissed at me accidentally saying clean at one point. I think I might have said it once in this thread but I do apologize as it really isn't a word to use.

5. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I honestly think i am incapable. Whether a product of nature or nurture, for reasons beyond my control, condoms are anathema to my state of arousal. It is due to more than just physical sensation.

And i have tried. Oh, how i have tried. I continue to try. As a matter of fact i hope i continue to try my entire life.

My point is that not everyone who doesn't enjoy protected sex very much is capable of significantly increasing their enjoyment. The third paragraph above seems to imply a conscious choice.

6. Eleanor Rigby

A a bit off-topic, but I suppose you've tried different types of condoms. Because some kind of condoms may feel better for you than some others. At least it's the case for me.

On a side note, I always consider condoms were part of the fun anyway. As unprotected sex is not the best option, lets have safe sex and make the best of it :wink:

7. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, i struggled for a long time to find a comfortable brand, but i have now.

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's Trojan naked sensations if people are so into barebacking frankly...I mean it feels like nothing is there but the good thing is, there is.

9. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    generally the base ring is the issue rather than the material itself. i had used a lot of different material types with no great improvements. I do have a brand i like now, and they allow me to at least have sex and remain erect.

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What's it called? I will admit the ring is difficult for me too and staying erect is also difficult.

11. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually they're just standard ansell latex, but they're extra wide, 64mm at the base so i don't end up with as bad of an angry red circle. They're pretty good, i haven't had one break yet

12. BostonBi

Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't have a problem with condoms. In fact, I like them, am tested often (for everything) and am responsiblER. Having said that, BB feels great to give and receive especially if it ends with the cum inside.

13. English Frenchman

i did not know you were like that

14. welshy92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think people like the thought of being skin on skin

15. emkorora

emkorora Guest

I am relatively new to EC but this post caught my attention.

Straight to the point, I suspect many people participate in bareback sex because it is more natural (which may stimulate the arousal of it) and the means of procreation.

To that end, I think we all need to recognize a truth. Our parents, at one point or another if not many times, were part of bareback sex.

The philosophical debate behind this is an entirely separate issue and far harder to find an answer with.

As with most discussions regarding this topic, this post has become a competition of values: safety v. trust, faithfulness v. health, independence v. commitment.

16. Mzansi

Well a lot of the time they're under the impression that the other is monogamous,
    And "clean" cause they 'said so'.

Yeah no,
    Get them tested,
    See the OFFICIAL results,
    Know their sexual past INSIDE and OUT!
    And then maybe it'd be more acceptable,
    And to assume your partner is that 1 in 1 million who won't have that one 'mistaken' night in Bangkok would be dangerous to assume!

Protected all the way,
    A false sense of security is the most dangerous thing!

17. seaview

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know this is politically incorrect, but I have been with my lover so long and he is shy and believes I made him gay that I KNOW he have never been with anyone else.

The intimacy of our semen mixing is just the total act of love to me. Knowing I carry away his DNA makes me feels good. We are both tops and both bottoms so I have done it every way. It is just total love. Before him, I had never made love or even masturbated with anyone who was not first a pretty good friend.

Rob
    Seaview

18. gayphdstudent

Its cool to be able to freely discuss such a debated topic without fear of embarrassment.
    I feel that sexual desires, tastes, fantasies etc are so varied that its hard to evaluate what is 'right' or 'wrong'. One could say that bb sex is wrong, but then many straign people say that about non-hetero sexual orientations. BB sex does involve a certain risk factor, but then again so does bungi jumping and the like. I get that some relationships dont last long and its safer to use protection, but i also feel there must eb something more to non-hetero relationships than sex and that eventually over time it will be possible to trust one's lover enough to not fear unfaithfulness etc. Homosexuality is much older than condom useage as far as i am aware and so it is more 'natural' in many ways. Granted, nowadays there is more risk and so people in initial stages of a relationship should be more careful. Hopefully some relationships last longer and trust is earned over time...