1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are the majority of gay guys so shallow?...we all are a bit I think

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Guywest79, Jun 1, 2018.

1. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have been meeting many guys over the past few weeks on dates - lunches, dinners, coffees. As I reflected in my prior post, I am meeting them through date focused apps rather than sex focused apps; while at the same time finding others I have met through LGBT focused charity and athletic events.

I take time to chat with them and form a bit of a perception of them before deciding to meet.

Granted, I live in a city that has a large gay community. And I have come away from just a very few meetings disappointed that the person I met came across close minded or superficial.

So, thus far I have met many people that I feel comfortable building relationships with even just as friends. They appear, honest, understanding, thoughtful and sure of themselves. Now, to be clear, while I am not expecting to find my next life partner at the moment, as I am trying to be very thoughtful about whom complements my own personality while still working through the dissolution of my last relationship, I am finding more good guys are out there than even I had expected.

I do believe it’s about expanding the channels we use to seek out companionship (whether friends or a relationship), keeping an open mind, and knowing ourselves just the same,