1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are furries, y'know, furries?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BrokenRecord, Sep 8, 2015.

1. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

Thanks, I was worried about uploading Laura's character sketches first, as I was afraid that some people might find her a little slutty, but they are my best of the bunch for my new designs of the cast, and a lot of care was put into the art of her, as you can tell. I originally had a more buxom design for the character, but I thought it was a little too OTT of a design, so I slimmed her down a lot. Also, the older picture I had drawn but didn't upload had her posture more akin to that of Sharon Stone's in the most famous scene from Basic Instinct, though with Laura in the same clothing as in the other two pictures I did upload, as that's her main clothing style for my concept art. I originally based her on a bearded dragon, but later switched to a green crested lizard with red spikes and gave the bearded dragon design to her brother in the story. For some odd reason, a lot of people find Laura very appealing, even still when I outright state to them that she's a vicious whore, which is my intention for the character. I guess I made her a little too obviously sexy-looking. :confused:

2. Simple Thoughts

I see.

Well I enjoy her design, and I'm curious to see how she'll be handled throughout your work.

3. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

I'll be making more images and uploading them ASAP as to not keep everyone who is interested in seeing my other character designs waiting. :icon_wink

4. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

I have posted my latest picture of one of my characters in my photo album, this time of my character Gloria. To describe her in a sentence, she is the exact opposite of my other character Laura. I find her to be very relatable due to her troubled past. Unlike Laura, Gloria is one of the characters you are supposed to like.

5. Simple Thoughts

I love her design and Awww pooor thing :c *gives her a hug*

I can't really pinpoint it though, but something feels 'off' about her proportions. I can't figure out what exactly, but something feels slightly off balance.

6. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

Yeah, this was one that I was doing while I was at school and didn't have a reference image with me, so I was going off of memory, since the one I was thinking of was too small to be seen on my iPod screen (I still use a Classic). It's hard for me to do without a reference image right in front of me, due to the fact I have Dysgraphia (something to do with my hands and writing/drawing), and the referencing basic sketches by others is the best way to improve my drawing skills without outright tracing, as I HATE tracing. It's also a smaller picture, and not enough detail can be conveyed. I do at least think my drawing of hands is improving without referencing, though. I'll try to work on my freehanding without referencing a little more, but it's still not going to be good enough for the actual art of the book, I can tell you that. I'm definitely going to need to hire someone to actually draw the panels of the comic for me.

Also, the thing about Gloria is that she's afraid of men (I noted that in the pic's description, as well as the fact she has PTSD) so hugging her would probably cause her to freak. :lol:

7. Simple Thoughts

I said "Wants" to give her a hug X3

It happens. No worries. I'm not any better at the draws...speaking of which I need to get busy working on muh next one ^^

8. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

I've just updated my photo album with one more of my character designs, this time of my character Michelle. I worked a lot harder to make this new one, and I must say it's much better than the last one I posted. I still have a lot to fix with my art, but it's still pretty good what with my whole dysgraphia issue and all. If only I could shade and bevel with colored pencils.