1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why am I always jealous when I see people in love?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Joe2001, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Joe2001

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I probably won't date for another year anyway. I finish High School end of May and then have a bit of work to do to improve myself so that I am boyfriend material. After that, there is a whole world out there and I won't just be trapped in the same routine which won't offer me any gay people. That's why I said I have "0 chance" of meeting someone at the moment. That will probably change, just not while I am still at high school.

However, I don't want to go to pubs (I have no intention of drinking alcohol) and I am still unsure if university is for me. I suppose it offers the social aspect, it's just that I don't know if I am suited to higher education. Maybe that could hinder me a bit. :grimacing:

#21 Joe2001, Sep 4, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  2. Nicholas7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because you want to find love, It's not hard to answer...... I found a girl who I am currently still with who I am so in love with, It was my first straight relationship because normally I go for the dick and not the pussy lol. Just go and date people you will find the one eventually...

3. Joe2001

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congrats on your relationship!
    It's a bit difficult to date at the moment. How can I do it? Dating apps seem to be the thing these days but I don't care for them at all.

4. Nicholas7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would suggest doing a hobby, like going to the gym etc. You can also go to uni and meet new friends and take it from there, You can also do an apprenticeship this is like uni but the difference is you work and go to college a few days a week could be great for meeting people. You don't have to drink to have a good time. You can still go to pubs and clubs to talk to guys, all you need is to build up your confidence, also don't be scared of rejection if you like a guy and he rejects you then it's his loss go to the next guy and keep repeating. But dating websites are not a bad choice I found my girlfriend on ###### funny enough, I thought people just wanted sex on ###### but that wasn't true until I found the right girl. The choice is yours my friend have fun!

5. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish I had left higher education for later on, to be honest. I did not take my studies seriously when I was at uni, got very lazy and lost my confidence. Because I had gone from school straight to college and straight to university and I felt like I had been living my whole life going to classes. I wish I had taken a long break from education and got a normal job for a year or two, then started thinking more about career goals, then I might have performed better at uni. Some people do go through all of that and get their dream job at the end, but it didn't work out that way for me.

You will always have the option to go back to higher education when you're older. I did go on my first date with a guy during my uni years, but we didn't get much further than a first date because he wanted a serious relationship and I wasn't ready for one. But he did help me come out of the closet so I'm grateful for that.

What are your plans for becoming boyfriend material?

6. Joe2001

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Your university experience sounds a lot like how I think it would go for me if I went straight into it. Constant school exams have simply eroded my enthusiasm. I want to work on cruise ships, so will take a gap year and hopefully do a contract. If I like it, I'll go back and if I don't, I'll have a look into further education but I think I am in need of a year out at least. I've been in education since 2006, which is a long time ago.

As for becoming boyfriend material, I think I am going to look into how I can make myself the best version possible. I need to find a way to be more physically attractive (I go to the gym now so that is a start). Maybe I should experiment with different styles to see what works. I also want to work on my personality a bit. Intro to extro, becoming more of a positive and fun person and someone who is the antithesis of the 16 year old me.

#26 Joe2001, Sep 5, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  7. Fishtail

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Is it couples at you school you are referring to?
    If yes, alot of teen date just for the sake of dating or to just get over it not being single.
    There of course are a few who are serious but as our brain stops developing at age 25,
    it's really hard to figure out how mentally mature anybody is until that age.
    So don't stress about teen couples who tend to not last a lifetime or end in marriage.

You are only at the starting line in terms of the dating world, no need to rush or compare yourself to other teens.
    I know that's something you may think is stupid to write.
    And just because somebody has been dating since hitting puberty don't automatically
    make them a better partner as adults, because they may not give themselve time
    to get to know and fully understand themselve at a deep level when they are single.

And @Joe2001, isn't there any youth lgbt group/meet up close to where you live?
    Don't waist the possibility or you're regret it later.:pensive:

You really do sound like you are on a higher mature level than most of you peers.
    Just stick to you values and boundarys not matter what other tells you
    and I'm sure you will have luck when you graduate and start dating.:smiley:

#27 Fishtail, Sep 5, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  8. Joe2001

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for all of your advice. I don't believe that there is a local LGBT group. No doubt there may be something in Glasgow, but I haven't came out to parents. This option has bee suggested before but I do actually wonder what these groups do and what would actually be the purpose in joining it. I'm definitely not opposed to meeting other gay teens, I just have very little knowledge about such groups. Not to mention as well that there is no group specifically for gay guys around my age which is what I would really be looking for.

I am quite mature in some ways, but at my age, there is still a lot of development and I am less mature about some things than others. Fingers crossed that I can start and do well in the dating world post High School. 2 weeks down, 38 left until I am free to do so.

9. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you've got it all planned out then. Good luck with your endeavors! :slight_smile:

10. Joe2001

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    One of the things that may hold me back in the dating world is the fact that I have a terrible voice. I sound like I haven't gone through puberty.

11. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That won't hold you back - I know a gay guy in person who has legit the highest squeakiest voice I've ever heard in my life, it's like he went through reverse puberty somehow. He's also one of the most popular people I know, has had a bunch of boyfriends and tons of app hookups, and his career is in public speaking/politics/LGBT activism so his voice is used all day every day.

#31 Destin, Sep 6, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  12. Joe2001

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not disputing that point for a second. Several gay guys have high voices, just listen to half of them in the media. However, they do still sound like men, not a pre pubescent tween.

13. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    True, but in this case he honestly sounds like an 8 year old feminine gay mickey mouse.

#33 Destin, Sep 6, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  14. Joe2001

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That sort of sums me up a bit.
    I think the issue is that some people don't take me seriously enough, because I don't have enough campness to pull the high voice off. I don't like the way it sounds if I ever record my voice, so I guess it is something that I am a bit self conscious about. I suppose having a high voice hasn't hurted the likes of Chris Colfer though, getting to play Kurt in Glee for 6 years or the likes of Adam Rippon who won DWTS and became an LGBT icon this year.