1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who wants to talk about what makes us happy about being LGBT?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by baristajedi, Apr 23, 2016.

1. dirtyshirt84

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think sometimes that being straight would be boring! (Less turmoil maybe...!)

I'm happy that I'm facing up to my fears, insecurities and shame.

I love being open about being bisexual with my husband, friends and sister who are all very accepting and know that's part of what makes me who I am.

I am excited about the LGBT community I'm starting to build...although still a long way to go...

I'm happy that I don't care so much what other people think anymore - instead of thinking 'I can't do/say that because people will think I'm gay' I'm like 'who cares! I am a bit gay!'

I'm happy that my son will grow up in a different, more tolerant, open minded society and I'm hoping he will be as some others posters describe their children and I'll know I have done something right.

2. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Right on to all of these reflections. Dirtyshirt, life would be boring being straight. I too am starting to love my LGBT family, so many warm, welcoming, amazing, strong and interesting people.

#22 baristajedi, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  3. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am getting an inordanent amount of joy from my "avalanche" scented man deoderant from the Dollar Tree. :wink: Thanks, queerness, for helping me not give a flying duck about the gender intent of $1 hygiene products. :wink:

4. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    F* gender expectations! Go you and your Avalanche scented deodorant :slight_smile: I also feel liberated in many ways lately from gender expectations.