1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the worst injury you ever sustained?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by One Man Army, Oct 25, 2014.

1. White Knight

Hmm worst you say? Then I will go with the one left too much scars.

When I was 4 or 5 I hit by a car... twice. According to witnesses (my dad and my mother) that car hit me, thrown me into air and hit again when I was about to contact ground. Some drivers in here had that notion of not stopping when they hit something alive, especially if their car don't get any ill effects.

Anyway I don't remember much of it actually. Woke up several times during.. well lost my sense of time as I opened my eyes on a back seat of a taxi, on a place surrounded by doctors (operation table I suppose). They told me I considered dead for a short time. My arm and skull was broken.

I can't cut my hair too short on tops because of sticth marks in there still. My arm was another story, as bones jointed wrong they broke it again at the hospital.

Other injuries include a girl's biting my forehead (another mark), falling on a sharp stone and it got right through my left hand (another mark), fell on pointy corner of dining table (another mark right next to my eye) and during a drunken anger fit my dad broke a bottle on my head (another mark).

Ha ha seeing that list and combining it with my medical past, it is a wonder I am still alive.

2. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was 12 or 13 and I don't remember how, but I was riding a bike and I ended up falling and smacked my head on the pavement. Got a nice concussion out of that deal.

3. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was 10 i think, and i managed to break almost every blood vessel in my eye. The nighbor kids and i had a pear fight, and one of the projectiles hit my eye. It hurt a lot.

4. RAdam

The worst was not my biggest injury.
    I've broken bones both leg and arm but my worst injury was a small one..

GRAPHIC DESCRIPTION ALERT:

So I was sailing and I stomped my foot on a small hook that supposed to hold robes, and it cut a deep gap between two of my toes and it looked like a fish gill and it open and closed as I moved... it was a disgusting sight ... brrrrrrrrr

5. Kilbert

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I was young, a glass shard pierced the skin deep near my knee a few minutes before I went to school. Only when my classmates noticed I was bleeding that I realized I was injured.

On a rather similar manner, a few inches above my forehead, the tip of a window pierced. Like the wound above, I didn't feel it. I've only noticed I had a wound when my eyes got blood.

Both healed nicely, though left scars.

6. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Single worst injury? When I broke my wrist in 7 places, dislocated my right shoulder for the second time and got knocked out all at the same time.

How did it happen? I used to roof houses and was on a three story house. When I went to grab more shingles the gravel from the bag got under my feet and I went ass over tea kettle, slid down the roof and then the ground jumped up and hit me.

The other time I dislocated my shoulder was in a car accident. I have small scars hidden in my eyebrow, sideburn, and goatee from stitches because I climbed on everything (then fell off) as a kid. Have scars in one of the lines on my right hand where I burried several teeth of a large band saw blade in it. Oh and about two months ago I sliced the end of my right thumb open and it took 5 stitches.

Oh and the closest I have been to death? My mom says that when I was about 2 i snuck out of the house, wandered across the road, an fell into a lake. She said the neighbors dog saved me before she realized i had snuck off.

Though I was so young that I don't remember the incident, i wander if it's why I still love dogs? Especially big ones since she says the dog was a German Shepard.

Maybe I should walk around in football pads?

#46 redneck, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  7. One Man Army

Car crashes scare me... it only takes one small mistake for someone to end up with bad concussion and their bones ground down to a thin paste.

I'm glad you've all survived your accidents. Ryuichi - hope you get better soon!

Pics or it didn't happen.

8. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had a few broken bones over the years and I nearly drowned once but personally, I think the worst I've had is when I got electrocuted off the mains. Most painful thing I've ever experienced and it nearly killed me. I don't remember much after the shock but I'm told the paramedics were very good.

Happy days :slight_smile:

9. Formality

My worst injury was last november when I got a rolando fracture in my right thumb. I was on an alpine skiing camp with my school and I did a mistake while in a slalom course so I flew out the side of the slope and pretty much landed on my thumb and chest. Chest was ok but I had problems breathing a few days. The fracture was pretty severe so I had to operate and they put 1 permanent screw in and 2 metal rods to keep the bone in place for a few weeks before they were pulled out. My ligaments were also injured in the thumb.

The second worst was during a slalom competition when my ski pole went up my face and my lip got split in two. I got a few stitches and it was all good.