1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you like to see added to EC?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Paul_UK, Aug 26, 2006.

1. SpikySpice

:slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:

Alright^^, I wish you luck, thanks

2. I like the frapper map idea

3. SpikySpice

me 2, cuz I wanna show sum vids

4. UnderARock

Out Status:
    Some people
    How about some location specific forum

5. CrimsonThunder

Same here!

Also we're discussin in the chat room, UnderARock said there should be worldwide forum sections (like america, australia ect) and these would be good to chat to people in your own area. And good to set up meets.

Edit: Beaten by UnderARock. v_v

6. SpikySpice

We can posts soem links to other great and support forums. I really like the idea of the resources button above

7. UnderARock

Out Status:
    Some people
    Just more place to talk about more things
    Maybe the entertainment and technology could be broken up and have several sub-forums it just seems to cluttered as it is atm

8. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Please DON'T divide EC by geographical area... because I'D BE THE ONLY ONE IN MY AREA... I think that Negasta is the closest EC member and he's in South Africa, thousands of miles away...

9. Micah

What do you mean by cluttered exactly? I don't usually ever find more than 5 new posts in this forum each visit. (Mind you I visit quite frequently!).

10. UnderARock

Out Status:
    Some people
    im saying divide ec im saying we could add some forums

Personally i think that too much to cover in a single forum. You might disagree. I think it would be easer if each of those were a sub-form or something.

11. Kimi

Yeah, please don't. I think closest members would be in Australia which is about 7000km away and it will take around 7~10(depends on where) hours to get there:tears:

12. Micah

The problem with further dividing it (remember - that forum used to be apart of General Chit Chat) is that we run the risk of having "dead forums" which are virtually inactive. If we feel that a particular forum is being crowded or cluttered (ie - too many posts in it per day) then we'll split it.

13. CrimsonThunder

Well it's a pretty big area you'd have. Im sure theres more than just one person.

Where you from? Im sure you could come to an Aussie meet when we have one. =D

14. UnderARock

Out Status:
    Some people
    Im not saying dived up EC i saying add some locations (probably by continent) to the front page leaving everything else the way it is. Some may not benefit from this as much as others but i don think thats a reason for not adding it.

15. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

As with any other new sections, we consider them when there is enough postings per day to justify it. So far we don't have enough area-specific threads to justify having separate sections.

Anyway it doesn't matter if a thread about something in the USA, Europe or wherever is in a general section, as many of us are interested in what's going on elsewhere in the world. Becky's posts on her campaigning activities are a good example of that - they won't affect me directly but it is still interesting and encouraging to know what's happening.

The Entertainment etc section does cover a wide range of stuff and probably will be divided up in the future, when it gets busier. There were 10 new/updated threads in there today though (after almost 24 hours) so I don't see it as a problem currently. There were a similar amount in Chit Chat and in Fun and Games, so it seems to be spread fairly evenly at the moment. If we get to the point that a section is regularly well onto two pages of new/updated threads in a day, then that's probably time to consider splitting.

As Dave highlighted, what we don't want is sections that get very little use. People will then tend to avoid them because they are quiet. Also when potential new members see a forum with sections that have had no posts for days or weeks they will think the site is quieter than it actually is.

16. steve1310

Thornlands ( about 40 mins out of Brisbane )
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    how about a meeting place so that we can give support out side of EC

17. Steam Giant

if that relates to EC members meeting one another in person, I think that's better handled through PMs. This topic has come up several times before, and it always runs into the same problems. EC members are too widespread, and internet predators are a real danger.

18. steve1310

Thornlands ( about 40 mins out of Brisbane )
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    not in person i mean that poeple from the same age groups meeting and can talk over the internet

19. UnderARock

Out Status:
    Some people
    not really sure how this would be done but better integration between the chatroom and the forums. And being able to put html in forum posts would be appreciated

20. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ummm... that's unlikely...

The integration between chat and forum is difficult because they're in different servers (in different countries). Adding HTML code to the posts is something that (I think) only can be implemented in vBulletin by its developers, not something Paul or the other admins can add. I sincerely don't know. Paul?