1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you like to see added to EC?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Paul_UK, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Response from Seth:

2. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    Oooh, design jazzing! Always a good thing. I'm quite excited :slight_smile:.

3. step49x

Ok, thanks.

4. SparkleSpike

SparkleSpike Guest

Music, sure I love music a lot,
    We should put music on Ec pages like on My Space
    When we lpg on here, we can here the back ground music, and that'll be awsome if we can upload our own song for our own homepage
    But I guess that will take a lot of works, right?

5. Steam Giant

that'd be kinda neat, if it didn't automatically play the song (lots of people browse the web listening to their own music). Although I don't know how the system works, I doubt that that'd be within the realm of possibility, however.

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I think music would annoy more people than it would please really. I hate sites that play music and usually mute them straight away.

We all like different music, so it would be impossible to please everyone. Plus it would probably stop and restart every time you load a page...

Just play your own music with WinAmp - much easier!

7. UnderARock

Out Status:
    Some people
    i have been wondering if anyone on EC lives near me. I was think that it would be kewl if we added a frappr map to ec. A frappr map for those who dont know is a popular service that allows you place a pin on where you live on google maps. I know that some might be concerned about privacy but this can be optional and it dont put in all your details, just your city name. There is a sample map on their homepage. [​IMG]

Is this possible at all?

8. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I'll have a look at the weekend. Is it something we just set up on their site (like MySpace or whatever) or does something need so be hosted here?

9. UnderARock

Out Status:
    Some people
    As I understand it they host and you can access it for their site but gives you code to embedded it here.

10. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    The map sounds fun especially since alot of us are from all over the world!

11. xxAngelOnFirexx

i think that in our profile there should be a section that says sex and gender identity instead of just gender. sex is what reproductive organs you haev and gender identity is what gender you identify yourself as. i would be easier to understand who a person is. if i were to look at my profile right now and read 'bi-gender' i would think that the person has two genders. but i'd have no idea if they were physically a boy or girl. for sex you could also put transgender if you changed it. at another i saw for sex you could but mtf and ftm for the transgender section. just an idea

also i saw at this one forum above your avatar or somewhere around there you could have a mood smiley to show what kind of mood you are in. i thought it was really cool (to see how they did it you can check it out at teenmoods.com)

#51 xxAngelOnFirexx, Jun 21, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  12. Steam Giant

I think that idea about gender identity is a great idea! I would really like to see that done, too ^^

13. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I am wondering whether it will confuse some people when they see the question though....

14. xxAngelOnFirexx

i don't think so. there's sex and then their gender idenity. i can see sum ppl puting 'yes' for the sex part, but beyond that i can't imagine people being confused. nad they just don't have to fill gender identity out if it's the same as thier sex. it would help in the cases where i girl feels like a guy. they'd put girl for sex and guy for gender identity

15. SadConfusedBandGeek

First : Putting yes for sex LOL!!

Second: Cool idea,

16. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    How about an advocacy section? I'd like to see more young people get involved in changing laws and making our world a better place for GLBT people?

17. GoBabyGoGo

Ok, small change but it would help alot! Maybe if you had a "check avaliability" on the usernames for new users who make an account. It took me so long to get an account because the usernames i chose were already taken (i was so surprised that even really random ones were)

18. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

That may have been due to the length of the name you chose though. I think the limits are minimum 6 and maximum 14 characters currently. It is also set to only allow numbers, letters and space (so if you used other characters it would reject it).

vBulletin tends to give that same error message if it doesn't accept the name, rather than helpful ones that would actually tell you what could be wrong......

I'll see if I can change the error message to give all possible problems though.

19. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would like to see more contests... I have some ideas already, closely tied to the ecwebzine project...

20. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is it possible to...

1) develop a widescreen version of EC (like ###'s "Phat" style)? I see EC with 2 1/2-inch-wide margins on both sides. (15.4" widescreen monitor @ 1280x800)

2) configure vBulletin so that we can use thread icons like on ###?

3) Add more themes? (Tech isn't precisely the best)

Thanks.