1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you grab?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Radioactive Bi, Jul 1, 2014.

?

Which would you grab?

1. Large knife

38 vote(s)
    50.7%
  2. Torch

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  3. Med kit

9 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. Saucepan

4 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. Matches

7 vote(s)
    9.3%
  6. Box of food

7 vote(s)
    9.3%
  7. Goggles, snorkel and flippers

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  8. Blanket

7 vote(s)
    9.3%
  1. edgy

edgy Guest

I'm part of the majority. Who knows how much metal would be on the island, and if I he attacked I wanna die trying to protect my ass. A knife would be pretty nifty to have. I would probably cut leaves to weave a shelter (there's nothing better to do). Eventually I would go back to the explosion and find more stuff that may be useful

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Like someone else said, being realistic, I wouldn't grab anything, or, on my really good days, I'll grab the nearest something, even if I grab the wrong end of a blade, and get the hell out of there before the damn thing kills me.

: P

3. PaganPoetry

I would definitely grab the matches but medical kit would come close in second, realisticlly even if I did grab the knife I wouldnt be able to do much with it because Im the least musucular person around so I can't count on hunting.....plus Fire can come in handy to keep warm, make signals, ward off animals, cook food so definitely matches...plus I might be able to find something sharp to use as a knife while im there....and I dont need a blanket because due to my ability to weave and stuff I could probably make my own stuff to keep myself warm

4. xxemilyxx

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    considering i wouldnt have a clue how to start a fire without matches, matches i would grab xD warmth and light ( darkness would scare me into an early grave) and a source of cooker for any edible munch i may find.

5. tscott

I grabbed the medical kit, and it was a tough choice. Now my vision ot it goes well beyond a dime store 1st aid kit. Morphine, antibiotics, very extensive. If it is anything less then it would have to be the knife. I've seen enough survival shows that medical necessities rule...but a K-bar would be nice.

6. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Box of matches. This way you can get your fire started while there is still light and work on finding food and making a shelter.

7. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I suppose it would be the knife. I'm very much into alternative medicine so, if I injured myself and needed a disinfectant, I could use some honey. The knife would be good for protection. As for using it for food, honestly I'd rather not. I could always forage and save the seeds for planting crops. If at all possible, I'd rather use nature as a form of housing: a hollowed out tree, a cave, or a form of earth structure. Sand can be used to make glass. Clay can be used to make pottery. I'd much rather make a friend out of nature than make an enemy out of it.

Also, if the plane exploded, wouldn't some of the supplies get ejected from the explosion? If they were salvageable, I might be able to find some use for them.

8. Nikky DoUrden

9. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just how long would you plan on being on that island? XD If it's long enough to plant crops, you're looking at a Tom Hanks situation. Long enough to make a furnace for glass-making, your island would look like a game of Minecraft o.0

10. wanderinggirl

Lol just had a convo with my brother about fighting off a bear with a knife. I think if you're ever that close to a bear you don't stand a chance. He thinks he could kill it with just the knife. What do you think?

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Depends on the situation. If it's you vs the bear, face to face, then the bear probably has the edge. But if you sneak attack the bear, well, it is possible you could do something. Also, it depends on how big this knife is.

I'd say, for the most part, the bear will prevail. Even if you get a good jab at it, it'll probably seriously injure, or kill you, before it saunters off.

You'd BEARly have a chance.

I had to! Forgive me!

:lol:

12. Akane

I choose snorkeling gear, but large knife was a close second.

I figured hey if I want to get off of the dreaded deserted island I am gunna die trying out in the middle of the ocean.