1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what the?????

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Winfield, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Femmeme

Congratulations! Holy shit you move fast! This is like Coming Out Story; Extreme Bad Ass Edition! :lol: Seriously, I'm impressed and so glad your friends are handling it so well!

2. AKTodd

*chuckle* It's just a figure of speech, don't worry about it:slight_smile: At its most literal it relates to giving someone a gift (such as an item of clothing) when you don't know them well enough to know what colors they like. It's also sometimes used humorously in a situation where color is of no importance or irrelevant. In this case, since the 'gift' is really just an idea, color would be irrelevant.

Sometimes my sense of humor goes into strange places. Sorry :icon_redf

Anyway, on to more important things...

That would be very cool:slight_smile: Give it some thought and see how you feel and then move forward from there.

Maybe because you have a 'thing' for him or going on with him? I'll admit it sort of makes my eyes cross a little every time you do it, but if you're comfortable with it, that's what's important. If you'd like, you could also refer to him by his first initial as you've done with some of your other friends in the thread.

Very good guy:slight_smile: And you totally deserve him :thumbsup:

Urgh! I'm really sorry to hear this :bang::tantrum::bang:

I've had my share of A**hole bosses. Guess who got saddled with the District Manager with the highest turnover rate in the entire company (over 2000 store locations at the time) back in the day? It literally got so bad, I started giving serious thought to having a car accident on the way to work just so I wouldn't have to deal with him for a day or two.

On a more serious note, even a reduced paycheck is still a paycheck and better than the alternative IMHO. If you can stick it out and keep on until you can restore the situation, or get away from him, either via a transfer internally or by changing jobs, that would be my advice. Time to start polishing that resume...

Not to even remotely take your boss's side (unfortunately, liking dick doesn't preclude people from being one :eusa_doh: ) or anything, but while you're no longer 'that guy' he may very well not know that. You seem to be quite the actor when it comes to seeming to be 'that guy' based on what you've described so far. If you really want to blow his mind, you could arrange for your guy to come by and let your boss witness a minor PDA of some kind. Although that might just muddy the waters rather than help resolve the situation (which I obviously don't know much about, after all).

<snip a totally cool story>

That is so totally awesome, man!!! (!)(!)

You've got a great bunch of friends (and now you've also got a gay friend, which I know you've said you wanted to have) and they are totally supportive of you.

SO glad that this turned out as planned/hoped! I've had a portion of my attention focused on this literally all day long wondering/hoping how this would go/went for you (stupid time zones, you're *14 freaking hours* ahead of me!). Which I'm sure was nothing compared to how you were feeling leading up to this.

Really happy for you. Really proud of you. (*hug*)

Excuse me a moment.

:roflmao:Must not say it. :roflmao: MUST NOT SAY IT. :roflmao:Must.:roflmao: Not.:roflmao: Say.:roflmao: I. :roflmao:Told. :roflmao:You. :roflmao:So. Oh, it hurts.

Ok, I'm back now.

Much more seriously, I'm not really laughing at you, although this did make me chuckle. Hope my response makes you laugh at least a little bit.

I think it will be really cool for 'thingi' to meet your friends, and you to meet his, and everyone to meet everyone. I hope the result is an even bigger, better, and stronger circle of friends that all look out for each other. (&&&)

Have fun (ocean or freshwater?) and hope your luck is good!

It's great that your relationship is continuing to develop and grow. My personal life took a major turn for the better when I met my partner as well. Go with the flow and enjoy it:slight_smile:

Australian men not only bring sleeping bags to a party to avoid driving drunk, they also clean up afterwards? I wonder if we could get the US to import a bunch of you... lord knows we're sorely lacking in that much foresight and responsibility around here. Anyway.

Have fun, give your guy a hug, and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Best,

Todd

3. Noir

Sorry for getting all sappy, but I kinda teared up when I was reading about how they all started hugging you and everything turned out all right...sorry if I sound corny! :rolle: I'm very happy for you and can't wait until you tell "thingi" the good news! :thumbsup:

4. 1859guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This has been an awesome thread to experience. So honest, uplifting and inspiring! You sound like a great guy and I wish you all the best in the future. Thanks so much for sharing your story!

5. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Guys, whats up? how's everyone?

TODD i quit my job on Monday ... my boss just kept giving me shit i was so damn close to knocking him out... like really close. he's lucky i am a changed man otherwise....

lol at " i told you so" yeah i guess i had that one coming and yeah your response made me smile. and im blessed to have great friends...even their girlfriends now know lol... they seem to be more excited than i am bout me being into guys...but everyone is really excited to meet Blake (Thingi, ive got his permission to use his name on EC). Blake, has invited us over at his on friday for pre drinks then we will all go out to the clubs afterwards. then i will meet his mates on Saturday for bowling and karaoke. So this weekend is i suppose when blake and i become official?

oh shoot!!!! i spoke to Mel (my ex and mother of my kids) and she and i came out to eachother. think we were both crying and laughing at the same time....
    so my kids know bout their mom being into girls and pretty suppourtive. so when i spoke to the kids, i just pretty much told them. they were shocked as hell and my son said " dad, im going to be the coolest dude in school now" i was lost so i asked why and he said "coz everyone says that BB (my daughter) and i have the hottest parents" now im going to tell them that your both bi coz only sexy people are bi like angelina jolie and vin dieziel .." i cut him off coz i have no idea where he's going with this but so now, mel will come with the kids and her partner. and Blake will meet my kids .

man alot has happened in 5months...im hoping it slows down but in a way its awsome!!! so hopefully before the end of the year, i will be able to come out to the one that matters the most my mom... and pray with all the good luck thats on my side so far i will also have her blessings despite her religious beliefs...

i posted this earllier coz i needed advice and i still do but now i hope that my story can reach out to someone else and give them the strength to find some light in the darkness.

6. AKTodd

Oh, you know, keeping on keeping on:slight_smile: Delaware legalized gay marriage, my partner starts a new TV project on Monday, and I'm probably going to have to retake my employers "yes, I understand the importance of security' online course because the idiots who created it apparently know nothing about either good instructional design or how to use the online tool that they built it with (I do know good instructional design and how to use the tool and would never have made the stupid mistake they made). Same old, same old :thumbsup:

Probably best then. Dealing with assault charges and lawsuits and all that sort of thing seems like a lot less fun than leaving on your own terms, taking a bit of a break, and then finding a new job that you will probably like a lot better anyway.

Well, you know, you've had a bit more time to process it than they have:wink: Plus, I'd suggest they are excited about you finding someone who makes you really happy :slight_smile:

Thank you for sharing his name with us (*hug*) . Seriously, I know you didn't have to do that and really appreciate it.

It sounds like you have a busy weekend coming up. And yes, I'd say this makes you and Blake official :eusa_clap

This is very cool! (!)(!)

I know you had some concerns about how your son would react to having two non-straight parents. It's really cool that your kids are totally fine with it. And I'll repeat my earlier statement that they're going to turn out great and the best thing you can do for them is help them grow up in a happy, loving, and supportive environment. Whether or not that environment is straight or gay, 'traditional' or not, is nowhere near as important as that they know they are loved and cared for.

I think it's really cool that your ex has a partner and that you're going to get to meet her and she'll get to meet you, and they'll get to meet Blake, and he'll get to meet everybody. I hope you all have a wonderful time :smilewave

You have had a rather busy time of it, no argument there. Personally, I think you've earned a bit of lie down and possibly a nice cup of tea :grin:

A lot more seriously, I think everyone here is a little in awe of the amount (and rate) of progress you made in such a short period of time. I was looking back at your first post on this thread today and the difference in tone (for lack of a better word) is just amazing.

I know this is all just text, and I'm as likely to just be projecting my own imagination as anything else, but when this conversation started you sounded stressed, and scared, and maybe a little angry. As things progressed, you calmed down and got more positive and now you 'sound' (to me anyway), relaxed, and positive, and just plain happy. And that's a very good thing.

I know everyone here totally has your back and will be ready to offer any support we can when you are ready to come out to your Mom or for anything else you may need before, during, or after that point. And I think your story is definitely an example worth sharing.

Best,

Todd

7. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi everyone, thanks for the support so here's an update so far

Blake and I have met each others friends. His friends are laid back guys and similar to my mates. So I get along with them well and vice versa Blake with my mates.
    Also Blake and I are in a closed relationship and we have agreed that when it comes to girls we will both be with her. Though we haven't been with any chick since we have been together.

I have met Blake's family and they are real suppourtive bout us. Blake has spoken to Mel on the phone and they seem to be hitting it well and same for me and Mel's partner. (funny thing, both Mel and her partner are both girly and Blake and I are masculine, so I realized that being In a same sex relationship both can be the guy and vice versa)
    All that's left is for Blake to meet my kids and Mel next month.

Other then that, Blake and I are stronger then ever and I have not been happier. I'm holding off on the "L" word till he meets the kids otherwise I would have said it to him. He's said to me and as corny as it sounds I liked it

8. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awesome story, Winfield!

Happiness is hard to talk about, there's no drama, no conflict, just a feeling that things are as they should be...congratulations!

9. Femmeme

Thank you for the update! I was wondering how things were going! It sounds amazing and I am so happy for you and so proud of you!

10. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Greatwhale thanks man, yeah being constantly happy is something new to me and I'm learning to accept things as they come
    every day.

Femmeme I'm sorry about the late one. Things have been really tight few weeks ago. And thanks for the advices and suppourt. Looking back at it now, my take on things have completely changed since we first "ran into each other on EC"

11. BadCanadaJoke

I only got respect for you!!! i like your confidence! I hope I could be that confident!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:P
    And also,good to know everything's going great with u 2:slight_smile:)

12. AKTodd

It's great that everything is going so well for you man. Congratulations!!

Really cool that you got to meet each other's friends and Blake's family and that they're supportive of your relationship and that you and Blake are hitting it off with Mel's partner and Mel. During the course of things you've made it pretty clear that family is very important to you. Sounds like yours is heading in the direction of getting a lot bigger. Bet that's a really good feeling :eusa_clap

Speaking of really good feelings... the "L Word" - It's a great feeling, isn't it (both to feel it and know someone else feels the same way about you)? And you totally deserve it. :thumbsup:

Best to all,

Todd

13. mav96213

I just bumped into this thread, a really great story of love and self discovery. The last post was in May, anyone know how things are going? Has Winfield even been back on the forum since then? I'd be interested to know how he's doing...