1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are You Thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Martin, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kidd

Kidd Guest

So The Heist is like one of my all-time favorite albums. Every song on it so good. ^_^

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBItbPi-ZU8[/YOUTUBE]

2. Retrospect

There really is no saving this research paper. Thankfully it's not that big of a grade.

I really hope I pass the English 1102 clep test. 1101 is so boring and annoying.

3. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I'm trying to work on homework, but I just can't focus. It's taken me 4 hours to do 6 easy problems, and I feel horrible. I'm beginning to wonder if maybe the meds aren't making my depression worse after all. It's really hard for me to say because I can easily see me having taken the same trajectory had I not been on them.

4. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perks of Being a Wallflower was perfect.

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have to drive 2 and a half hours sometime tonight... yay me.

6. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's funny, when someone kills themselves because of bullying tons of people scream at the world through Facebook or Tumblr asking why bullies exist; but those same people who scream so loud probably wouldn't think twice about the person in the lunch room standing in the corner because nobody wants to eat with them. Or the kid that is always picked last for group projects. The person that flinches whenever somebody touches them, or the kid that gets picked on for being 'ugly'.

They make long rants on how horrible bullying is but are often the ones participating in it. It's easier to make up excuses than it is to help the person. "She's probably a bitch, that's why she's eating alone.", "He's a freak that picks his nose, there's no way I'm letting him anywhere near me.", "She's probably just afraid of germs or something, I dare you to run up behind and hug her.", "He deserves it, eventually he'll get the message and start showering and using Proactive.".

I guess I'm a bad person for thinking this way about another person's suicide. I feel terrible for Amanda Todd, but how many poster children does suicide need before it gets through to people?

7. Jared

Resisting urge to tell someone exactly what I think of them. I'm trying to be a more positive person and I have nothing good to say to this guy.

8. Pain

Pain Guest

Watching FlashMob videos makes me feel happy and inspired. A good recovery. :slight_smile:

9. Retrospect

I finished my paper. Thankfully, I found an article that helped refute the last part of the counter argument. So, I think it's B material now. :slight_smile:

10. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I believe I get what you're saying, it doesn't make you a bad person as you're not speaking about her suicide as much as what it got you to think about.

And if I understand you correctly, I agree that these casual comments or habits can be just as bad, emotionally, as in-your-face bullying, which I'd say is simply a symptom of the tremendous lack of empathy in society at large...

11. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had to drive through a line of storms to get back to school. The storms had 80 mph winds and they were blowing my car everywhere...it was not fun.

12. Retrospect

I can't sleep. These depression episodes always happen around this time of night. Ugh. :tears:

Plus I have an 8:00 class tomorrow :frowning2: I'm going to be so exhausted.

13. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I know what you mean. I had to run to Walmart and do some super quick errands today and it was pretty ominous outside. Almost turned around because I didn't want to get caught in it. Made it there and back in a super quick lull. Glad you made it to school safe though!

14. FJ Cruiser

The Shins, The Black Keys, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Two Door Cinema Club, The Avett Brothers, Jack White, Needtobreathe, Florence + the Machine, Weezer, The Lumineers, Bassnectar, Alabama Shakes

Holy crap that was a great weekend. I never fail to be grateful for my university and place of residence, but that feeling is particularly strong right now.

15. Jared

I'm miss my cat :frowning2: I love sleeping with him, he's very cuddly. I can't wait to see him again next month. Is it bad that I miss him more than my parents?

16. bubblehead1230

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm thinking I shouldn't have saved this presentation over transsexuals and intersex people as well as achieving sexual equality until the last minute. This is going to be a long night:bang:

17. Jonathan

Ughh, I want to study some more for my test tomorrow, but I'm so congested that I can't focus...I think I'll skip my other class tomorrow morning just to study some more.

18. kinison84

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm thinking of making myself something sweet.

19. LightningRider

I could kill for a good cup of tea right now ;P

20. My head is throbbing, i've had too many painkillers, i'm going through caffeine withdrawal and i have to write out 9 pages of japanese.
    Tonight sounds like it's gonna be amazing.

-_-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.