1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vegatarianism

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by kizza111, May 5, 2010.

?

Are you a vegetarian?

1. Yep.

22 vote(s)
    26.5%
  2. Nope.

39 vote(s)
    47.0%
  3. Yes, with exceptions.

12 vote(s)
    14.5%
  4. No, with exceptions.

10 vote(s)
    12.0%
  1. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

Vagitarianism is EVEN HEALTHIER than vegetarianism. Just wait Joey it will catch on. <3

#41 Phoenix, Jul 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2010
  2. Rikudo

Well you've probably been getting crappy cuts then. Cause a friend of mine raises Buffalo and he good lord the steak is like sex. But then again Buffalo is leaner and better for you than Beef.

Also to answer the question of this thread. I don't think I could become a vegetarian. I"m too addicted to meat. Plus for my diet our coaches tell us the the types of amino acids & proteins meat/milk is better than a substitute.

3. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

It's really just my taste buds. It's just like how my mother never drinks milk because she can't stand the texture of it. I never really understood what she was talking about because I thought milk tasted fine, it was only when I was like "How does everyone else not think this steak/ribs/whatever tastes disgusting too?" that I understood exactly what she was meaning. It's just something to do with the way my tongue is set up.

4. Rikudo

Ahh I see. I'm kinda like that but with Doritos. I can't stand the taste and texture of it. I think it's probably been like 6+ yrs since I've eaten some.

5. littledinosaurs

6. 4 seat

I could never be vegetarian. Meat is delicious.

7. bouncingsouls

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I love morning star! I haven't been able to find it for ages though. I guess its an american thing. But they did do the best veggie bacon. Ever.

8. theJosephDean

I hearts Morning Star <3

I haven't tried their bacon yet, though. I'll have to look into it =)

9. x2x2x2x2y2

After going vegetarian for two months, I found that the hardest part (for me) was the social part. Telling your family that you wanna be a vegetarian, then having them whine about it endlessly and show you whatever meat they're eating. Yeah, it sucked. Although I think my family can be just a bunch of asses sometimes. =S

The fake meat was pretty good, but as soon as I stopped and tried real meat again, I was like "Hell Yeah!" lol I think I might go back to being a vegetarian when I'm older and have my own house and buy my own food. It'll be easier then. I've gotta say, it was fun to try something different.

10. theJosephDean

This was a pain, too. My mom was the only one who kept fussing about it. I would politely decline whatever meat dish she served, and she would proceed to tell me exactly how it was prepared, as if that would distract me from the fact that it's still animal carcass. :icon_roll

11. Daniel6

Meat eaters have bad body odor and are prone to organic diseases because cooked meat are hard to digest, putrefies in your digestive tract and poison your system.
    In other words, raw meat is easier to digest but considering parasites, drug residues, etc. meat should be avoided by all means.

Eat more vegetables, fruits but they must be fresh. Exercise regularly. Avoid evil drinks such as coffee, tea, alcohol, sugar, salt. They are stimulants/poisons.

You'll enjoy life without doctors :icon_wink

12. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    I want to be a vegetarian but I'm not motivated enough to bother putting up with my family first.

13. jazzrawr

Yes with exceptions, because I'm working my way there.
    I don't think meat should be entirely avoided, so I eat it when I need to, but very little and barely any red meat.
    I don't like beans or most nuts, and only occasionally I eat tofu, so if I gave up meat I'd never get any protein. XD And that's not healthy. I'm a sort of halfway vegitarian.

14. MusicIsLife

I'm vegan and if you add that to the time i spent as a lacto-ovo before making the switch, I havent eaten meat in 6 years.

i do believe it is a healthy lifestyle choice, though like any way of eating it can be just as bad for you. If you're an omnivore and eat a lot of red meat and fatty foods, of course you'll be fat.

If you are an omnivore that eats fish and chicken and has red meat occasionally, then you're more likely to be healthy.

As for Vegetarianism in particular, if you convert and live on carbs and dairy and eggs with scant amounts of veggies, you'll be fat.

If you balance everything properly, you'll be healthier.

The same goes for Veganism, lay on the carbs and fats and you'll be unhealthy.

However I will say this: I am healthier as a Vegan than I EVER was as a Vegetarian. Do your research, find out the symptoms of anemia and get regular blood tests, the last thing you want is to make yourself sick from an iron or protein deficency.

I dont take supplements, and you can be perfectly healthy on a vegetarian or vegan diet, but don't rely on fake stuff, as it's so loaded with additives for taste, it pretty much defeats the purpose. Try tofu, try seitan and try tempeh, learn to like legumes (chickpeas, black beans, pinto beans, lentils, etc) and pick up some cookbooks and learn your way around the kitchen.

Thats my two cents :slight_smile:

15. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Fat does not equal unhealthy. Just as thin does not equal healthy.
    I now return you to your regular veggie program.

Over the past seven months, I have successfully eliminated pigs, all other mammals, poultry and fish in that order. The hardest one to let go of was fish. Even thinking about it now, I still crave it. I still eat invertebrates and animal byproducts (eggs, milk products only). I'm not yet sure how far I will be able to purse this as I find it increasingly difficult to avoid certain animal products, see: leather (I have a six-year old pair of Birkenstocks that I absolutely love, but are approaching critical mass). It's a constant struggle to reconcile my various beliefs about how we should approach nature.

16. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't eat a great deal of meat, but I'm not vegetarian. I probably eat meat a couple of times a week.

17. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

A mother and her 2 kids came in to McDonald's today. She and her family is vegetarian, so she ordered 2 happy meal cheeseburgers with no burger for her kids (all she wanted was 2 buns and a piece of cheese for each).

18. Shevanel

[​IMG]

19. RaRa

I tried it once but caved in just under a month's time.

It was torture, and everyone thought I was crazy. O_O

I could go without meat really, but chicken = life. <3

20. VampConspiracy

I don't believe any of the FUD surrounding meat and animal products. I can never go vegetarian.

That being said, I have a huge aversion to cheese and a good bunch of dairy products, on top of having lactose intolerance. I do drink milk and consume some other dairy, but the lactase pills... they are a pain in the ass to get just right.