1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tv shows that make you cry

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Bzrk, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Theodora

Oh god, I forgot about that until I read your comment too. That's one of the most depressing moments I've ever had watching a cartoon. :dry:

The last season of Moral Orel had alot of them too... I remember the one where they showed how Bloberta ended up married to Clay being particularly depressing for me though. They just mutually destroyed each other. :confused: And the music made it worse.

2. Andane

Well, I don't really watch many series in general. The only thing I watch consistently is Doctor Who, but oh boy does that show love to gut punch your emotions sometimes. I just rewatched Journey's End the other day and actually started tearing up (which is a lot since I never full on cry at anything!).

3. Adarya

The one that's made me cry the most would have to be Spartacus, especially the last three episodes of the third season. My god, I was a cry fest.

And I've shed a few tears during Criminal Minds and Hawaii 5-0.

4. Stoical

It almost shames me to admit this, but I teared up a bit during the Walking Dead season finale. Which is saying something, since I missed the episode when it originally aired, and a blabbermouth I know had already told me the ending...

5. Cotillion

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Game of Thrones has made me break down in tears a few times, and I know it's only going to keep happening (the scene with Robb and Catelyn at the beginning of the last episode of season one was like getting punched in the gut) -- knowing what's coming from having read the books doesn't really make it any less impactful. I know there've been a few other shows to do it, as well, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

6. MetalAngel89

MetalAngel89 Guest

Occasionally Desperate Housewives until it went away!! :tears:

7. 4ever Hearth

The series finale of Spartacus, I cried my A** off.

The 5th season finale of Buffy when she sacrifices herself. I cried for Dawn mostly.

The season finale of Young Justice when Kid Flash dies. That shocked me more than anything.

The series finale of Full House, Family Matters and Charmed.

Quite a few episodes of Chicago Fire especially the one where Shea and Dawson got into that accident.

I have an emotional thing for finales. :lol:

#67 4ever Hearth, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  8. Thewitt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    oh yeah when kid flash dies i was so shocked. i felt so bad for artemis

9. 4ever Hearth

I thought they were gonna break him out of their run somehow or Zatanna or Rocket would protect him with their power but he really just vaporized and it was like "Holy :***:, did Wally just die?!"

10. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some moments of Adventure Time
    Doctor Who - Asylum of the Daleks. It would be a miracle if I ever stayed dry while watching that alone.
    I might have at the end of Sherlock Season 2 if I hadn't been told many times what happens at the end.
    I think I might have during South Park... I might have, I don't remember.

11. wandergirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The Wonder Years

12. CTJ

CTJ

That episode has to go down in history as the most unnecessarily sad ending to a cartoon ever. Just thinking about it makes me choke up.

The final season of Battlestar Galactica tends to have me well up. I can't even explain it, silly things like when Adama and Tigh give Galactica a farewell toast. Or when the Cylons start putting pictures on the memorial wall. It was all too much for my nerd heart to handle.

Stargate finales tend to get me going too, mainly because it was part of my life for so long and when it ended i went into genuine mourning.

Doctor who also tends to be overly emotional too. I'm starting to see a pattern of me being overly attached to sci-fi programmes haha. I'm such a nerd.

13. Stripe101

1. Full House because of how awful it is.
    2. The season 2 finale of Doctor Who. I can't watch it again. It's too emotional for me.
    3. Just like everybody else, the Jurassic Bark episode of Futurama made me tear up.

Oh! The episode of Doctor Who called Vincent and the Doctor. It makes me cry every time.

#73 Stripe101, May 23, 2013
    Last edited: May 23, 2013
  14. Hypnotico

Hypnotico Guest

Desperate Housewives, some of the episodes from the final season, Ugly Betty, and almost every single episode of Grey's Anatomy makes me cry like a baby.

15. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Angel Beats!
    That show had me Bawling like a baby. I cried on episode 11 and thought the entire last episode. Such a beautiful anime<3

16. Candace

When I was little, I cried sometimes during the Pokemon season finales...and the times when the main characters would have to depart. You get so attached to them that you don't want them to leave...sigh...

17. Garciano

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Like some here, i cry for finale episodes of my favorite shows!, Even the comedy ones!

18. Candace

agreed. it's not because they're sad...it's because they're so good you don't want them to end!

19. Abraxas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The only tv show that I can think of that brought me to tears was The Big C: Hereafter.
    They found a way to get me. Every. Single. Episode. I mean, sure, it was only four episodes in total, but, darn it, they got me.

20. Foxface

There are two moments in television history that get me every single time I watch them

Possible spoilers ahead

Scrubs - when Dr Cox loses the three transplant patients and loses himself in anguish. A crushing moment

MASH - Goodbye, Farewell and Amen is in my opinion the saddest episode of any show ever.

Foxface

---------- Post added 26th May 2013 at 05:35 AM ----------

That was one of my favorite series...the last episode was so heart wrenching

Foxface