1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transsexual pregnancy for those of you interested.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Fugs, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Femmeme

Thank you. That's exactly my thoughts as well, but you've said it far better than I could have.

2. Kat9Ta1lz

I want my own baby too, the reply about this never happening in a generation is baseless. The fields of Tissue engineering (using 3D printers to construct organs from living cells) are at the bladder stage where they have successfully replaced a human bladder with a copy from a 3D printer. a uterus is much more complicated than that, they have also printed bone from scratch using stem cells. in the US they have converted fat cells successfuly into pluripotent stem cells that act more quickly than the former mentioned cells. as far as ectopic pregnancy sure that ones dangerous, however in a controlled environment such as a hospital with high risk pregnancy doctors standing by the factors are dramatically reduced. As far as the Uterus transplantation thats a bit further along than what was stated here.

heres a few links that should shed some light on the darkness
    Second Type Woman - Transsexual Pregnancy
    3D Printing Aims to Deliver Organs on Demand | LiveScience

3. KiddlesP

As a biologist coming from a medical family, I can say that the ectopic pregnancy would defiantly be the most dangerous of the two options, and is likely nowhere near enough to be viable in the near future; one of the most common things that is done when a ectopic pregnancy is found is to start an emergency abortion because it is incredibly high risk to the mother to carry one for any length of time, and very very very high risk of death for the fetus regardless.

Organ rejection is a major obstacle; to my knowledge organ rejection, if it does not happen quite readily, usually occurs in some years after, even with immunosuppresant drugs (which themselves are horrible since they suppress your immune system and leave you very susceptible).

Having said that, uterus transplants will likely happen much more frequently in 5-10 years, and perhaps in awhile one will be attempted on a trans woman, which in the future could lead the way to the first successful IVF trans woman pregnancy, assuming of course that the funding and research is not immediately squashed due to peoples biases.

4. sarasjenska

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think it is amazing that you get the chance to have your partners children, if I where transgender I would have liked that to, its not the same if you adopt someone rather than getting pregnant because then it is your child and that child shares yours and your partners DNA and not some random person, So I am cheering for you and I hope that it will succeed so you may have your own child someday that shares the same DNA as you :grin:

5. Nick07

A very interesting thread. Thank you for posting it and also for digging it out from the archive.

6. Kat9Ta1lz

that's the great thing about 3D printers and stem cells is the printed organs would be your own DNA and immuno suppressant drugs would not be needed. also previously i stated that a bladder is more complicated it was supposed to read 'no more complicated than' I have doubts it will take even 5 yrs at the rate of medical advancement. as far as other people biases ... well have you ever tried to get in between a mother and her child!? and i think affirmed female or affirmed male is more accurate than transgender ... just sayin. 'life is the school, love is the lesson'

7. June Cleaver

Me too, I cry a little after we have been together because I know I can never have his child no matter how many times we do it and it breaks my heart. June

---------- Post added 23rd Oct 2013 at 11:12 PM ----------

Oh hunny, you may as well get used to it..... (*hug*) Or become bi or gay lol!

8. Kat9Ta1lz

Wow! That response was entirely negative and nerotic, do you have something postive to contribute to the discussion!? otherwise why would you interject such an irrelevant and emotional response. Science is the study of fact, these things that are being discussed are facts. Love is the lesson not hate or negativety. Being Bi or gay hasn't a thing to do with this either, lets stay focused on this thread. ... Oh my goodness there seems to be an awful lot of emotionaly negative opposition to the thought of an affirmed female giving birth to her own child. "today is a great day for science"

9. g4563

g4563 Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    lab made genitals arent existed yet and they are working on it. adoption and hiring a surrogate mother are so expensive.

10. Kat9Ta1lz

All that will take is a MRI scan of a healthy set of organs converted for a 3D printer and to just print it layer by layer the resolution is at about 100 mircons or better right now someone just needs to do it.

11. it is not my place to decide what others do but I just hear ectopic and I cringe.

As long as they work out the rejection problem I am not getting in anyone's way, I could not have children myself so my partner did.

12. LizSibling13

LizSibling13 Guest

Hi all, I read this and I decided to say that I know my sister wants a uterus and I wouldn't mind have me give birth, too. I just hope that when my sister is old enough, she will be a bio mom...

13. LizSibling13

LizSibling13 Guest

I know Liz (my MtF sister) and I would love to be bio moms. I hope I can get a uterus and eggs grown from my cells.

14. Natasha Elyssa

I, myself, really want to have my own children as well. I really want to carry, and birth my own children. I'll probably never get the opportunity, however it is still a passionate desire of mine. I do feel a certain amount of jealousy and unfairness when it comes to this. Pregnancy carries a deep emotional feeling for me, I really want to give birth and nurse my own babies. It's a deep, strong feeling. It makes me want to cry, thinking about giving birth. I can vision myself in labor, pushing, and then holding my baby in my arms with a caring spouse besides me. It's just a thing I guess. :frowning2:

15. Justinian20

It will be hard for this to happen and it will need a lot of time and research before Trans women can be pregnant. But it is a possibility for all you girls, but like most medical procedures there is a big risk. But keep on dreaming cause it might be possible.

16. LizSibling13

LizSibling13 Guest

@Justinian, I think it will be commonplace by the time we (my bf and I) are ready it will B like 20 years from now.