1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans Clothes Shopping Tips

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by justjade, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mia - try Zappos.com. If they ship to the UK, they have EVERYTHING. :slight_smile:

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Omg zappos yessssss

3. Logan0001

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi, I'm 5' 7" and 130 lbs, and I'm in high school so I usually wear t-shirts I purchase at races from rowing which are unisex and loose. I wear an adult medium and it's loose and I like how it fits. I refuse to wear anything fitted. I usually wear a t-shirt under a hoodie everyday with loose fitting "boyfriend jeans". I also really like Kuhl, they have really nice cargo pants which are loose fitting and feel good.

4. sherlock

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm the same height but 125lbs, I like men's slim fit shirts though as long as my chest is flat. That aside, I wear the exact same things you do.:slight_smile:
    Also, Bermuda shorts are nice

5. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    As a guy, H&M small shirts are great. And I'm 5'7'' and 140lbs.

6. birdking

Maybe she's having trouble coming to terms with the fact that you're trans. My mom used to be that way too, and it's not fun, but maybe you should talk to her?

Now shopping is fine, my mom has figured out I'm not her daughter so I can shop where I please. I used to get looks all the time but now I pass as like a 13 year old kid haha

One tip I have for FtM/transmasculine folks is buy pants that fit! Try to stay away from jeans that are too baggy or too tight. I swear by straight cut jeans. If they are too long for you, you'll look shorter so try to get jeans that fit!

7. Chef

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    payless is where i buy all my boots and shoes from, have even tried on heels there and no one says anything its great

8. stormborn

i've come to realize that people really just don't care where you shop. malls tend to make me anxious, so i'm awkward as all hell no matter what section i'm in :lol:

i'm 5'9" and 135ish pounds, and usually a men's medium fits me. i like american eagle, simons, h&m, zumiez, west49, and even target is pretty good.