1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Those that don't work out, unite!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Halpert, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Just Adam

i try to work my ass off and i really am a pile of flab im a human thats had its boned taken out , is nasty.

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Oh, I see what you are saying now and you are right.

While true, sadly, it has never been enough to motivate me :frowning2: but I think I'm going to change that. Really like the quote though.

3. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I walk, but not on a regular basis. I'm way too undisciplined to keep to a strict work out regimen. I've managed to lose about 15 pounds since Thanksgiving and keep it off. Most of it was just little changes though. I like my body the way it is without constant exercise, but I won’t be on any magazine covers in the foreseeable future.

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Due to physical issues a lot of workouts aren't really possible for me, so I don't really have a structured workout plan. I can do a pretty fierce number of push-ups when the mood strikes me, although it's probably not enough, and my uni is on a hill and full of stairs so I get a fair amount of exercise just getting around. (And Adam, I'm most definitely not a beautiful person, it's quite obvious looking at me that I can't work out.)

5. DutchKip

The liberal wet dream op Europe... Or Holland...
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's exactly me... i even have that "let's get physical" tune on my ipod...
    I haven't done any kind of activity the intire winter... Except for skiing,, but I do that for a few weeks only (including indoor)...

6. Mind Freak

I don't work out at all either. And it shows. I'm really weak compared to other guys. Lol. And I get sore easily. I pushed a box that weighed about 30 lbs. maybe across my garage with my legs and I was sore like I had done a full sprint workout without stretching. Lol.

7. Zach1992

I totally don't work out at all & I've weighed 155lbs for a good 3-4 years now. [laugh]

8. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm just getting back on my workout system, I was out of it for about 3 weeks after having my wisdom teeth pulled.

all my friends, who don't work out, all seem to have nicer bodies then...go figure.

9. I was taking karate for 5 years, but since that ended earlier this month, im not working out at the moment. The thing is i lost almost ten pounds since then though (which bring me down to like 124 pound I think) which is odd.

In about he next two weeks im going to start working out.

10. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Could be loss of muscle mass--it's denser than fat and much easier to lose (sadly).

11. I thought so too at first. But i noticed that my arms looked more defined than they have in a while. Thats why i wanna start working out again soon so i can continue to go forward with it.

12. GhostDog

Aw, well, it can be both. I think the reason I did finally get off my ass and start was how depressing it was that my size 18 jeans were a tight fit and I hated looking at pictures of myself, but it was equally depressing how I'd start breathing hard just going up stairs, or ending up winded if I had to run to class. Also, I'm terrified of type 2 diabetes. Like, bad dreams and panicking every time I think I might have a symptom terrified. So I was like, hey! If I work my ass off, I can both stave off an awful disease and have an easier time finding clothes! It's a win win! And as I've been exercising more, I've gotten to where I enjoy the feeling of being capable of doing a lot more than I ever have been.

Before I started, it was hard to me to even imagine being fit enough to consider actually taking up physical activity as a hobby. Like, I'm learning to rollerblade now, and back then that would've been almost an inconceivable goal to me, because I hated physical activity and couldn't imagine actually liking it. But "I would like to not want to edit myself out of all photos I appear in" was a goal I could wrap my head around. =p Now I'm less concerned with what I look like as with what I can do, but the fact that I'll lose weight (or at least become less jiggly) in the process is still a nice motivation.

13. adam88

I walk. LONG distances. No regimen, no step counter, no trainer, I just say "I feel like a walk!" and end up at Lakeshore or the Village or something before turning back.

I do this several times a week. More if I'm going through mental upheaval. I must have lost ten pounds when I was coming out last November. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. Camman3

:laugh: SO my sister... she doesn't do exercise and eats so much Ice-Cream, but she stays thin and sexy. I work damn hard to get into, and to stay in, shape. I recently put up some pictures on my profile to show my EC friends the progress I've made. I gym a lot and watch what I eat, yet my sister and I are probably equal on the sexiness scale (lol - she's in some of my pics too if anyone gave a damn and wanted to compare).

Halpert, you look really cute for someone who doesn't do exercise(*hug*).

15. kettleoffish

I walk to and from school 5 times a week. That's about it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

seems a bit futile, seeing as I'm apparently unable to quit smoking anyway.

16. Sesshomaru

Woot! A thread about one of the things I like about myself :slight_smile:
    I'm fortunately one of probably the most extremely lucky people I've ever met when it comes to my body. I eat what I want when I want (sorry RaeofLite :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). Seriously Pepsi all day long and always some kind of meat every day and that's it with the random addition of pasta like mac & cheese or spaghetti maybe once every 2-3 weeks and that's completely it. No fruits, vegetables (except potatoes), anything. My normal meals 6-7 days out the week is steak or double cheeseburgers. Yes, I know it's unhealthy but I can be scolded some other time.
    With how I eat even I would expect myself to be over 200-250 pounds of fat. I have no fat at all, without getting down to the technical body composition percentages, with a full 6 pack along with calves and arms that my friends joke around about me secretly taking steroids. People from school and even out in public have asked me how do I keep fit yet eat the way I do which is said to be a fast metabolism which I hope I keep. I've never in life touched a weight and don't plan on doing so until my twenties when I might want to be like really buff-looking during my last years of college. Along with no running/jogging/any real physical activity besides walking to the store next door for a Pepsi.
    Sorry for the rant/semi-bragging but I love my body <3 I figure if my parents were going to make my childhood miserable at least they gave me something to make up for it >.>

#36 Sesshomaru, Apr 7, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  17. Just Adam

i haven't exercised in 2 weeks :cry: i need to lose weight !

FAIL !

but i know if i try even now my lungs will prob give out :S damn flu ...stupid immune system

18. Aiken

I need to start working out. Soon-ish. I mean, I'm in Australia where everybody seems to be walking around buff and just plain love outdoors, and I feel sooo lazy to even move an inch.

I need to gain some weight, preferbly muscle mass. :frowning2:

19. RaRa

Never technically worked out in my entire life...I should get on that....lol

20. ReZipped

I walk on a somewhat regular basis, it's...

~ checks MapQuest ~

About... 1.92 Miles?!?!?! Wow. That's twice the amount we were forced to run at P.E....

ANYWHO.

I'm more concerned about losing stomach weight, not like get any muscle, but just get rid of the excess. I should look for things to do to do that.