1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Those that don't work out, unite!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Halpert, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Halpert

So, after reading Kirah's post on workout appetite, I began to feel extremely guilty about my total lack of physical activity. It got me curious, are there others here who don't workout/yog/do nightly crunches on here? I try to run annually, but I've found I just can't stick to that schedule, I kid. I get random bouts of "Lets get physical!" and run for like a week, then stop. I just can't seem to keep myself disciplined.

Hmm, this sounds like more of a rant now. :lol:

2. Eleanor Rigby

Well, I don't have any kind of physical activity (besides running in my classroom all day long). I used to swim and to do a lot of aquagym. Unfortunatly since we have moved to the countryside, the closest swimming pool is too far away to allow me to keep doing this. And because of health problems, I can't do any kind of sports (except from walking) that are not in the water.
    I have tried to do Qui Gong last year, but after a little while, i started to have problems with my knees again, so I gave up.
    Fortunatly I'm going to move in another village next year, closer to a swimming pool and I hope I'll be able to swim regularly again.

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I used to run cross country and play tennis a lot, but this past year I have been so inactive XD gained about 10 pounds :frowning2: I have been thinking of starting to run again but the first run is always the hardest and so not looking foward to it haha

4. AlyssWonderland

None, except for gym class. But I do as little as possible there too. I know its bad and stuff, but really, I'm a chorus kid.

5. SaturdaySaviour

I go to school by foot every day and I go to gym classes... And I swim during summer.

But I don't really work out... specifically. I do feel bad about it...

6. Just Adam

i take offence to this thread

its not fair all you beautiful people looking so good without the blood shed and swearing while i almost pass out in a pile of flab swearing at myself on a cross trainer.

damn you allllllllllllllllllllllllll :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't worked out for a while. I want to go to the gym again soon though....

8. biisme

I didn't work out...ever...untiiiiillll this week actually! I just started exercising this week. I've been doing a mile a day and exercises with resistance bands. Each week I plan on walking/jogging another mile until I can do five a day.

9. SolitaryKnight

I joined a gym a few months ago, but I can't seem to keep a schedule for going. I'll go one week but then not go for two... blah.

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do 50 situps a day. I know it's not really gonna do much though I'm sure...

11. Harve

Don't work out and it's not that i cba, i just don't feel the need to despite being ridiculously lanky. I do run and stuff but that's purely for pleasure and because i reckon i live in one of the most impressive parts of britain - really.

12. RaeofLite

I'm not a "pile of flab" and I'm sure you aren't either. But I understand your pain. People who can look beautiful and eat what they want when they want... suck. :dry: :lol:

I have to work my *** off to look decent.

13. Halpert

Oy, glad I'm not the only lazy bum! This summer I'm going to try to be a lot more active outside. Just like every other summer. :dry:

14. darkestknight

Only early this year I begin to start working out. Well, before that I didn't do much.

Nowadays to the gym three times a week, I hope I could make this a habit! :grin:

15. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think people are far too brainwashed about the need to "look good" where "look good" actually means attempting to sculpt their body into some kind of totally non-achievable for most people "perfect ideal." Not to say that I think it would be good if all of us were couch potatoes and super-sedentary but really, let's be honest: people say they work out or "are active" to "stay healthy" but for many people, that's just code for "looking good." Which is sad.

16. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't work out. At least, I don't call it that. It seems an insult to the term to call jogging in place, and riding an imaginary bicycle, "working out". I just call it "exercising". :slight_smile:

And even after dropping over 30 lbs, I still don't look great. Hell, I wouldn't even say I look decent. I look better. And, much more important, I FEEL better. I have a lot more energy, and feel more "up".

Lex

17. RaeMoral

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm like you... I'll sometimes be really in the mood to run but, other times I'm like "eh... I'll get to it when I can." From 6th grade-Jr. year I was VERY heavy. I attribute my over eating to my repressing my homosexuality. Then I finally decided to get over it and excercise do for about two years I worked out constantly and built a discipline and got thin. I stopped and have maintained my figure but I don't work out EVERYDAY. I'm not that into fitness nuts either. IDK... just my opinion/experience.

18. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I personally don't think there is anything bad about working out just to look better. There is obviously a limit, but working out to look good is good of a goal as any other.

19. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My issue isn't with people who do that, but with the fact so many people who are doing it for that reason claim they are doing it for health reasons first, when really the health reasons are not the primary motivation, just a nice side benefit.

20. s5m1

Alright, here is the perspective from an old guy. The most important benefit from physical exercise is not looking good, it is your health. While you may not believe it, you too will actually age. I know, shocking! One day, you will be over 40 and those cholesterol and blood pressure tests will take on a whole new significance in your life. After a few decades, those extra pounds really do take a toll on your body. If you begin a healthy lifestyle when you are young and stick with it, you will not only live longer, but you will also feel better. Mickey Mantle said it best, “If I knew I'd live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.”

Not to mention, if you stay in shape, you will look FABULOUS at the White Party in your toga. (!)