1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things you were afraid to do (before you came out) for fear of 'looking gay'?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by srslywtf, Jun 30, 2013.

1. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I tried to be more "girly". I also refused to wear pink, and I refused to wear rainbows as well.

2. 800xcrunner

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow, that was definitely me at a younger age, I loved both Hilary Duff and Aly & Aj, but I wouldn't dare let anyone know I liked that (on purpose!) When I was really young, I obviously didn't care at home though, because I had so much "Disney" type, Hilary Duff music, and apparently I didn't care. To this day my dad still says I listen to Hilary Duff and Backstreet Boys music! (Nsync would be more accurate!) :lol: You'd think that would have been a hint! Regarding music though, my family's big into rap, so anything that sways from rap is pretty much ridiculed, unless my dad actually likes it, then it's ok!

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would avoid crossing my legs while sitting with the upper leg and foot dangling from the knee (so I sat the "correct" straight way, with ankle on thigh, while everyone can look at the gum you stepped on a little earlier), stupid...I know

4. Maea96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Commenting the guys I see on a tv show: that guy looks fuc**** hot!

Show my pictures-album in case they found the pictures on the bottom. You know what I mean.

That's pretty much it. There's probably more back in my brain somewhere :grin: Just can't remember more atm.

5. ItIsTime

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is pretty much me. So I just quietly IMDB-stalk them! As for the photo album, I just make sure my iPad's photo frame feature is locked on the pictures from my last vacation, and not the entire camera roll - that could be bad!

Conversely, I don't actively do anything for the sole purpose of making someone think I wasn't gay.

6. Colours

I should add: wearing skinny jeans (god, do I rock them) and sitting with my legs crossed.

7. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    GW: I guess your city, in that way, is more North American than European. I also crossed my legs the "correct" way, though if you look at executive type portraits, they often have their legs crossed at the knee, or the "incorrect" way. That's what a suit is supposed to do, I guess, once they move up in the world and get sent to charm school. Now, I just don't think about it, and I cross them in various ways.

A couple of others: avoidance of a pink shirt until I got a light pink dress shirt to wear with a tie, and would not buy certain kinds of shoes. Within the last 5 years, I bought these leather clogs on sale that look great with jeans and a t-shirt or a pullover, and I'm not the least bit self conscious about them, since the combination looks fine to me.