1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Sims!! (1, 2, 3, & 4!)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by -Lana-, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Vesper

I played 2 and 3 extensively for years, but haven't even touched 4. I quit Sims 3 a few years back because it became more tedious than fun, and I felt that I was wasting my life away on it. As for Sims 4, I felt that more of what I valued in previous versions was taken away (Create-A-Style, toddlers, open world) than there were new, exciting features that were added (better Create-A-Sim, better Build Mode, more complex emotions).

That said, I do find myself wanting to play Sims 3 again. And if Sims 4 ever adds back those features that were omitted from the previous versions, I may consider getting it.

2. White Knight

Played and owned nearly all Sims games.

Sims 4 is nice but still raw. However I like how you can make different types of sims with creator... either realistic looking sims or funny looking ones. Didn't really impressed with At the Work... it only adds 3 job options if I understand it right which is very few. However probably really "being at work" has its own charm.

I prefer Sims 2 over Sims 3.

Sims 1 was... is nostalgic that is all. That burglar music, killing people with fireworks or in a huge pool was funny and horrible at the same time.

3. lukeluvznicki13

Sims 3 is my favourite :slight_smile:

4. timo

I have played the Sims 1 and 2 so much when I was younger. At one point I was just building stuff though and didn't really play anymore.

I have Sims 3 installed on my Mac but only play it once in a while, then get bored of it again. And to make it worse: until I saw this thread I had no idea there was a Sims 4 already.

5. SpaceJayce

I have Sims 1, 3 and 4. The Sims 4 is still a bit empty and I wish it had some more Sims 3 features, but it'll get there. It's a new Sims game, and I'm sure they're going to bring back those features in updates or EPs.

6. Theo Weiss

I remember playing the first Sims when I was really young and being incredibly confused. Later on I got 2 and loved it. Then when Sims 3 came out I played hours upon hours. I still haven't gotten 4 as I want to get a better computer before I get it.

7. Bearsona

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love it, truly... But I'm really not up to spending 500€+ per game, sorry EA xD

8. Lazuri

Well, one could try and stick it out and see if they do the same with later games as they did with Sims 2. I am of course referring to when EA let you download Sims 2 and all of its expansions for free for about a week or so back in August.

9. Liza croft

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Sims 2 its my favorite

10. TeddyV

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Omg, i love this game!!

11. photoguy93

I love The Sims!

I remember the first time I played. I was at a family friends house. It was the first Sims and I fell in love. I have always been fascinated with building things and my creativity shot through the roof!

I think the Sims 2: Apartment Life will rank as my all time favorite. There was a family that I created that I'll never forget. It was the good sister of those two witches that lived together. I was able to get some mods and she became super rich (because I felt bad about cheating haha) and I found this big castle...it was amazing! She had like ten kids and I just loved it. I'm not even sure what happened - I think that my computer crashed or something.

Now I have the Sims 3 and I love it, too....it just wasn't as good as the second one when I first played it. I think the Sims 2 really had the best of both worlds - the utter wack-a-doodle-ness of the first, while being really advanced. The Sims 3 was really advanced but I thought that, in the beginning, it wasn't as crazy. I've grown to like it, but I guess maybe I'm just being fond of the second.

I have yet to play the Sims 4. I have a Mac and it has a hard enough time with the Sims 3. Lol

12. White Knight

They also let Dragon Age: Origins downloaded free before Inquisition.

Maybe around the day the Sims 5 will be released? For 3... You have to wait for the Sims 6 for free the Sims 4 if we go with this formula.

13. Lazuri

Well, technically they did it because they removed support for the CD version of Sims 2 and only supported the origin version so as to not fuck over people who owned the game already on disc, they just made it free.

14. White Knight

Ah then probably DA:O things done for the same reason. It wasn't also supporting DVD version of the game...

15. CyclingFan

Lol, I had to stop playing the sims after I realized I was sitting there, unshowered and unfed and not getting ready for work cause I was getting my sims fed and off to work.

16. 42Bowties

I've made my 2 favorite youtubers in the sims 4

17. Pumpion

I have an almost-cycle with the Sims 3:
    - Play The Sims 3 for a week
    - Don't touch it for 2 months
    - Repeat
    But I love the Sims 3, I also played the Sims 2 but I prefer the Sims 3 because I love the open world because I can send my sim to school or work and in the meantime make their partner cheat on them.
    I mean what?

18. White Knight

Ha ha above post reminded me how many times I started a party just to bang barmen... And how many maids I fired after banging them in order to get a new one and bang them... Yeah it is "them" as in Sims I don't care much about gender... I keep banging 'till there are noone else to bang.

Slutty Mean McSlut should be my Sims avatar's name... :grin:

19. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I only own Sims 1. on GameCube.

20. MissBookworm

MissBookworm Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Omg!! I just got the Sims 4, and I really love the new CAS. But... There are no toddlers and Create-A-Style doesn't exist anymore. :frowning2: I still like this version the best, and, despite all the changes and the deleted features, it's improved overall.