The moment you knew you were gay.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by malachite, Apr 29, 2009.

1. CometCat

I guess when I was in bed fooling around with a guy.."Hey this is kinda gay...oh well!"

2. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I was, erm, *blush* looking through facebook photos of this girl I had a crush one...and had been for a while (not in a dodgy way btw!). And then in my head I was like: "Why do I always do this?" and "Why do I always get obsessed with girls?" and "Why am I always getting crushes on other women?". And then:

"Because I'm GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!"

This wasn't the first time I had wondered whether I was gay or not - I had been wondering for years and years, and I'd think to myself, "God, you're so gay!". But this was the first time it was like "Yep, I'm gay". I remember it very, very clearly.

It wasn't me realising for the first time, it was me accepting that label for the first time.

3. Apple Pie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There was a guy that I always thought was cute, and then one day I realized that I was falling in love with him. I was attracted to guys before that, but that was the first time I realized I was gay.

4. casjerem

casjerem Guest

Lolz that was a good one, should of thought of that one. As for when I first realized i was gay......i can't remember that far back, was really, really, REALLY young.

5. InaRut

After having sex with my ex-girlfriend :frowning2:

6. DexterMorgan

One time I was staring at this cute guy at this water park, and I just thought "No...this isn't happening..."

7. jblack

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    First time I was alone with a computer & an Internet connection.....my searches cured years of denial. lol

8. Noah

A lot of denial, and confusion, and going back and forth. What finally made me accept it was (Don't laugh) Door in the Floor. I saw that movie, and went online to look up pictures of the guy. All the forums were talking about how cute the mom was. I was like, there is no way I'm straight. I need to stop pretending...

9. Mickey

This one time,at summer camp... I was 14,had these weird feelings for this girl. We were in her tent and ,she kissed me,I kissed her and the rest,is HERSTORY!

10. djt820

Im terribly sorry but I lol'd.

11. Nodnarb

The first time I said to myself "I'm gay" was right before I was going to leave to go to a high school basketball game. I had just logged off EC (I had thought I was bi at that time), and was reaching for my car keys and it just sorta hit me.

But the first time I realized I liked guys was either when I was sleeping over at a friends house and really, really wanted to do something (sexual, obviously) with him, or when I was changing in the locker room and I realized I was checking out one of my friends.

12. 507bro

middle school, boy's locker room, end of story -

13. aerwolfen

i guess for me lying naked across another naked guy was the clincher for me," could i be gay ?"

14. Colly

Indeed. I was much the same way.

15. Just Adam

the way i sing poker face lol :grin:

16. pirateninja

There was a moment, about a year or something before I came out, and it was just an "OMG, I'm gay..... but nobody can know", sorta thang. I think it was caused by dwelling on some girl, that I'd had a crush on for a couple of years. Yeah, denial ain't fun :dry:

17. tm74

tm74 Guest

in my case there wasn't really a 'defining moment' - it was more of a gradual thing - starting with 'what if', and just talking, reading up on the subject, and eventually realising that i probably was. Since then it's just been gettin closer to acepting myself!

18. J Schuelke

It was shortly after finding EC that it sort of hit me one day in my library at school. I was just sitting there and I was thinking about random stuff and how it all fits that I might be gay. It was a very confusing time for me, mainly because I had a hard time accepting it and how I would tell my friends if I was.

Long story short, I accepted it to myself shortly when one of my girl friends dragged it out of me and I came out to her.

19. someguy82

Started having "erotic" dreams about guys in high school, and then it was all sort of downhill from there. I didn't really accept it about myself until I was about 24 though.

20. Phantom

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    When me and my friend (who I'd told I was bi) were discussing people we liked/thought were hot, and we both twigged at the same moment that I was only talking about guys, and he just looked at me and said "You're really not bi are you." and I just went "Nah," and we carried on.

Although realizing I liked guys was when I was on bebo and found a picture of a gay guy in the year above with his bf, realized I liked what I saw and out loud to an empty room just swore loudly.

Both pretty vivid memories actually.

#40 Phantom, Apr 30, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2009