1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Grammys

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Witchcraft, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Beachboi92

idk i guess i don't listen to a lot of popular music (except gaga i know so STFU!) and i am never listening to the radio but i have been planning to go and see what they are like. The only thing is their live performance did absolutely nothing for me so my first impression was just sort of like "meh"

2. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

Yeah, I had not heard of Arcade Fire until The Grammys and I had not heard of the album "The Suburbs" until literally three days before the Grammys by accident. Just because someone's album goes #1 on Billboard 200 doesn't mean they get alot of airplay on all radio stations. (Kind of like that "Sade" woman....) I listen to mainly pop and some country, so I guess those stations don't play Arcade Fire. Or maybe it is a regional thing, although I would have figured at least Dallas (a pretty major market) would play them. I think quite a few people I know wouldn't know about Arcade Fire.

Just throwing that in there.

#42 Kevin42, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2011
  3. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

OMG but they are sooooo gooood :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Beachboi92

i listened to them, they are ok but i am not a fan of his voice xD

5. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

Yeah, I heard they even won a Grammy :eek:!

But seriously, that's not my type of music, so I don't think I would be a good judge.

6. michaelsayshi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Arcade Fire are one of my top favorite bands and have been one of the most influential groups on the indie music scene in the past decade. I'm so glad they won! All these "who the fuck are Arcade Fire?" responses (not just here, but alot of other people I've talked to as well) make me smile. :slight_smile:

7. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

IKR Arcade Fire FTW!!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. partietraumatic

So so so glad Arcade Fire won. The awards should be given out on who made the best music, not who is the most famous, and therefore I feel their win was totally justified. Imo out of those albums nominated theirs was by far the best.

9. Beachboi92

Lovegame was the most influential and deepest lyrical pieces of our time, how could you possibly imply that anyone could create a more beautiful masterpiece...

I mean have you seen a disco stick it's fucking fantabulous

10. partietraumatic

I guess its a matter of opinion. I personally find one Arcade Fire song more lyrically interesting than every lady gaga song ive ever heard. I also personally don't find Gaga's music beautiful, whereas i do find Arcade Fire's music thoroughly beautiful and moving.

But as I say, its just a matter of opinion, and im aware im in the minority on this site in not adoring everything Gaga :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. Shevanel

I think it's silly to think that the Lady Gaga fanatics are a majority.

12. partietraumatic

It certainly feels like it! Or maybe it's just that those who are fanatical post alot, giving the impression that I'm in a minority in not parcitularly loving her...

13. Beachboi92

I just said lovegame was one of the deepest lyrical pieces of our time how could anyone take my post seriously....

"i wanna take a ride on your disco stick"

---------- Post added 17th Feb 2011 at 08:48 PM ----------

And if you didn't get i was joking does that mean you haven't heard lovegame? if not then you probably haven't listened to much gaga since it was one of the bigger hits. In which case i would recommend listening to more of her if you think you don't like her based on hearing just poker face or something.

Honestly i don't listen to pop except her and it was practically against my will xD I heard poker face and was like "who is this crazy bitch and her shitty pop" and 3 hours later it was the only song i could think of.... Therefore i went on to actually listen to more of her stuff and found it fun and not stupid like i thought it would be now i fricken love her xD

it was funny cause i wasn't out at the time and was like "dude if people know how much i like this they are gonna think i am gay..." xD

14. Synth177

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Esperanza Spalding winning the award was one of the best things that has happened. Not because Justin Beiber lost, but because it's rare to see an artist like her in the grammys and she is extremely talented too.

15. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I really wanted to see Lecrae win something. He's one of the most underrated rappers out there.

16. partietraumatic

thankgod! My initial reaction was that you were joking. Then I got worried that you weren't, so I didn't wanna say 'are you joking' just in case you weren't and I would offend you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I have heard many of her songs, I've spent time investigating her music, as i don't like to write people off without giving a fair listen, but have simply never found anything that grabs my attention. Not saying they aren't brilliant pop songs, coz they are, they just don't do much for me.

17. Beachboi92

ok i just wanted to make sure at least you took the time to listen to her xD I get really annoyed when i listen to people ragging on her and i go "have you even listened to her or looked into her" and they go "i listened to poker face and i was not impressed" and im like *facepalm*

I mean seriously no one else has ever been bluffin with their muffin that should be enough proof to why she is the master of music

18. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

Finally, someone who actually looks into artists before saying they don't like them, and realizes that just because you don't like they're music that it doesn't make them have no talent.

I'm quite tired of idiots saying "I don't like Gaga she has no talent!" when clearly she does. I don't care when someone doesn't like her, it's when they say stupid things that makes me mad.

I get just as mad when people say "I don't like Justin Beiber, he has no talent!" Clearly he does.I don't like his music. Actually, I hate his music. But he is talented.

19. V128

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    CEE LO GREEN! Gotta love a giant peacock singing the most badass song of 2010... just sayin'!

Of course, it's my opinion. :wink:

20. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like that song but the outfit and random puppets and what sounded like some forgotten lyrics made it weird. Not the best I've heard from him...