1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The first time you were openly gay in public

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Psychedelic Bookmarks, Jul 31, 2008.

1. musican

Unless you count me telling my sister what she should wear, or me talking to my friend at her house about guys, then it hasn't happened yet.

2. ricoca

lol... true true.. same experience..
    i love how to tell my sis how to dress :grin:

3. musican

haha, my mom and sisters trust me to find clothes for them, so if I'm with them when they go shopping, I always end up roaming around the store looking for clothes for them, lol. My mom tries to take me shopping every time she goes to get clothes for herself because she says that every time I tell her what to wear, her coworkers tell her she looks really good. What would they do without me? lol

4. Markio

I went to a "No on Prop 8" rally after it passed. I held a sign and everything! It was in the Circle of a conservative town, so a lot of people booed, but it seems like a lot more people honked in approval. One guy had an American flag with rainbow stripes. There was this crazy homeless guy who was just mad that it passed and he was swearing and freaking us out. Everyone preferred the other homeless guy, who just spoke semi-coherently and played the harmonica.

5. Charles Marcus

at gay bar. and its realy great feeling. :slight_smile:

6. XXX Lou XXX

Dunno if this counts, but I think the first time for me was when I was at Air Cadets, when we were on a break, I was talking to some mates, then I overheard a boy making gay jokes and being a homophobe, so I walked over to him and had a huge go at him in front of the whole squadron. I didn’t lose my temper or anything, I just said things like ‘do you realise what you’re saying is offending me? What have you got against gay people?’ He said ‘nothing really… I just don’t like them.’ I said ‘well you must have a reason.’ He said ‘why do you care anyway? Why are you sticking up for gays?’ Then I said (well, shouted) ‘Because I’m gay!’ and he just looked stunned, and mumbled an apology. Before that, only 1 person at Cadets knew, so it was quite cool, especially since they’re mostly all homophobes.

This is a bit off topic, but I saw a rainbow belt in a shop the other day! I so have to get it! :grin:

7. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is really cool and brave, I wouldn't ever do that...

I have always wanted a rainbow belt with a seat belt buckle but I don't have any pants that a) have belt loops and b)require a belt so it would be rather useless...

8. musican

I agree, that is really brave; I think about doing something like that all the time, but I stop myself because I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't be a good idea for me to come out at school. Good for you though :slight_smile:

9. Noah

I walked through a big home improvement store with my bf looking at washers and he was acting totally gay, and I held hands with him the entire time. Keep in mind this is a home improvement store in ga. We got a lot of nasty looks, but one guy said "Have a good night guys" with a smile so it wasn't all bad.