The first time you were openly gay in public

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Psychedelic Bookmarks, Jul 31, 2008.

1. boarder25

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    December 27th, 2008

2. Time

Probably when I ran around Wal-Mart with a bunch of girls talking in a really 'gay' voice, and then later stalking two gay guys we found asking them if they would adopt me. They knew I was gay though, so it was obvious that I wasn't being homophobic or anything.

3. Hydrogen

?

4. Nanzuniko

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Hm...never D=

I don't change for the public, I just do what I want. =O
    Though I should stop doing that, it makes me feel so unaffected by society, and so...individualized :dry:

5. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hmm....wow........I don't really know. I'm still very much in the closet, partly because I'm already the subject of ridicule in public and part of me wants to keep that at the lowest level I can manage. I've never had a boyfriend, never kissed or held hands in public...god, I really need to out myself sometime soon.

6. Cheese Love

I haven't been yet. My friend and I are sneaking off to the Duluth Pride Parade on august 31st, so I guess that will be the first time :]

It's a three hour drive and I'm sneaking out to do it so I'm still a little paranoid =/

7. smilealways

smilealways Guest

I went to a cafe with this gay person and he was asking me about gay stuff. Im sure people around us heard what we're talking about.
    Anyway, that doesnt really count aye.

8. Ty

Ty Guest

Kissed a guy in Starbucks and then later in front of a train station.

9. Aries

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My first gay display in public was so much fun.

Okay it started off in the 11th grade when my best friend and i had this thing for eachother. We decided to walk from her house to jack in the box, it was about a 20 minute walk. Well we walked hand in hand and kissed every so often. People stared as they drove by, guys whistled, old women gave us the stink eye. lol. It was so funny and so much fun. I would do it again any day!

:slight_smile:

10. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol. It sounds like a blast of fun!

11. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The first time I was openly gay in public was just a week ago!

We sat down on a bench and he put his arm around my shoulders and I moved close to him and held his hand. Some people were looking at us...but nobody said anything :icon_bigg

Then we walked hand in hand for at least 20 minutes through the city. And then the next day in the park.
    (!):stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

12. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

hahaha...I know exactly what you mean.

13. Ha, yesterday I was getting ready to go onstage and we were discussing "No-no Squares" and my friend drew a square from above her chest to her thighs with her fingers, and she's like "This square is only for one person..." (meaning her boyfriend) and this girl i don't really like says "Who, Reid?" And I like throw myself on the first girl and yell "No, ME!"

14. jazzrawr

Well, I wear my rainbow belt like, every day. (And people still haven't guessed. >.<)
    I actually used to act REALLY gay with one of my friends, we were always holding hands and cuddling and hugging for like 10 minutes at a time in public.
    I actually think she may have been gay...she moved though, recently.
    People would ask us if we were gay and neither of us would answer...just avoid the question. XD

Buuut I've never kissed a girl in front of LOTS of people. I've done it tons of times in truth or dare with my bi friends, but there was only 7-8 of us.

I need a girlfriend XD

15. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I began making out heavily with some guy in a park bench. I ended up, um, masturbating him while we kissed...

That was wild. lol.

16. Absentminded

I usually wear some sort of rainbow object, but most people don't get the hint. Dunno if that counts, but oh well. Mine was probably when I was hitting on one of my best friends in the middle of a concert, or when my ex-girlfriend (girlfriend at the time) decided to kiss me behind a building, in a bank parking lot, even though nobody was there.

17. RENThead

sunday, and monday night.
    i went to the movies in the city with my friend who is bi (and she knows about me)
    she dresses.... very. well she has short short hair, and just looked very gay.
    and we were out, just the 2 of us.
    we got people looking at us on the train, and through the city.

we went out for dinner, and she went to the toilet as soon as we got there, the waitress brought our drinks over and said "a --- for the lady, (put jems drink where she was sitting) and then looked at me, and went, 'oh, and a --- for the other lady"
    i laughed so hard

i had fun, we werent even together - but i was proud to think that people looked at me and assumed i was gay...

(that was untill we missed the train home and my brother had to come and pick us up)
    woops

18. DeathByTofutti

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Naturally at Chicago Pride. Even my straight friends acted gay there.

A majority of jokes between my friends and I have to do with our sexuality. We tend to make fun of each other, and very loudly. We've gotten some dirty looks for it.

I can't remember the first time, but most recently, a female friend of mine jokingly started humping me from behind in front of some preacher on a street corner. There were a lot of people around, and we had just seen Rage Against the Machine, so needless to say, we were all a bit rambunctious.

19. Todd

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i havent yet, but i would if i could

20. sprucemoose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The first time? Years ago, before I had a heterosexual phase and got married, I told a co-worker, who told the boss, and the boss threatened to fire me when I didn't deny I was gay. (It was still illegal in 1972)
    More recently, in my new incarnation, my boyfriend and I were out to dinner in a fast-food restaurant, and I turned to him and said, "What do you want to drink, Hon?" in front of everyone. My boyfriend wanted to crawl under the table. I thought it felt great. We hope to get married next year.