1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The best approach for dealing with this guy

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by StarHealer, Aug 27, 2016.

1. StarHealer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    First off, thank you to everyone that has given advice and responded. Even if I've thanked you all before, I'll do it again.

My play debuts this Friday and I'm feeling all kinds of emotions over it. I guess I feel like I want it over with, just so I can say I have a produced play under my belt, but I should savor each second. :shrug: :lol:

As always, more info came out about the whole "did Nick hear anything or not" gate. It turns out that all my male co-worker said to him was "So I hear that you and StarHealer don't get along". Nick never responded to that and then proceeded to never text him ever again. So after that my co-worker just never texted Nick back either.

I feel pretty stupid about it now, since I probably blew it way out of proportion. My fear was that someone was going to straight up ask him if he really was in a relationship with me, which I don't think would really have been the problem, but more the part where someone would be asking if he was gay. I imagine he'd flip out about that.

Though I didn't think anyone would want to be on the receiving end of his flipping out, in this world of the more and more desensitization of people, you never know.

His birthday is coming up. . . I'm thinking about sending him a text, wishing him a Happy Birthday.

Sigh, I'm pathetic. . .

#61 StarHealer, May 17, 2017
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
  2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey StarHealer,

I wish you all the best with your play!:slight_smile:

You're definitely not pathetic. You'll find someone who returns your feelings, just don't give up looking. You may just find someone who is right for you in the most unexpected of circumstances as long as you don't have your eyes or your mind closed to the possibility...

3. StarHealer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi everyone who cared about this whole thing! It's been a long time, but I do I have updates.

I texted him on his birthday, like I said I was thinking of doing. It didn't go well, at all. Ha ha! I said "Hey just wanted to wish you a happy birthday!", he responded "I'm not sure who this is, but thanks.". So I said "This is StarHealer". He never said anything after that. C'est la vie.

The play, "Heretic", got critical acclaim from the adjudicator that came to critique all the plays. She pulled me aside and strongly suggested that I enter it to take it further in the Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival. I didn't do it though, because I spent a year thinking about the whole damn thing and I didn't want to spend another year having to think about it, talk about it. Potentially watch it get performed over and over and have to be there. It was all just a bit too much to fathom.

Since all of this, Nick has come into the store two more times. He came Christmas last year and I received a huge update on his life. He moved out of the city I live in and now lives in another area of LA. He got a job with a shipping company and apparently is paid very well. He was only in the area because he was there to visit his mom for Christmas. I missed him by a day that time.

The last time (that I'm aware of) that he came in was on Easter. I missed him by an hour.

I hadn't really thought about him in a long time, other than when I was told he had come in. I was just reflecting on all of this randomly today and thought I'd put an update here. Why not?

Since all of that, I've met a lot of other people/friends and built up my resume with another written and produced play and then my official directorial debut. I'm in a bit of a break cause after "Heretic", I just kept going and burnt myself out.

There have been other guys since Nick, nothing that sticks, It's just become a bunch of 'meh'.

I do think this should be the last time I talk about Nick. So, final update (?).

I guess I'll just end with this. My wishes for his life. "Nick, I wish and hope that whatever happens to you in your life it's all stuff that makes you happy. I hope you meet the person who is going to make you happy and that you'll make happy. Don't forget that artistic side of you, though it might be easy to do when your busy working. You'll always be in my heart. See you later".