1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Singing songs in a different language

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Data, Nov 16, 2013.

1. KazTastic

I try, but it starts sounding like this:

[Youtube]FQt-h753jHI[/youtube]

2. Data

Data Guest

^ Sides=gone. :roflmao:

3. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    I sing along to 99 Luftballons all the time... *sings for a while* I love German. :grin: ...Even if it looks and sounds complicated...

4. Projectfabulous

I can sing Korean music pretty well. I don't speak much Korean (yet) but I can pronounce the words pretty well. sometimes I think I know what I'm saying, then I look up the Romanization of the lyrics and I'm completely wrong ^_^ oh well haha. I just think it is really fun!

5. SeerOfHeart

I like to sing songs in other languages, but it can take a while to get it down to the point where'd I'd be confident to sing it in front of a native speaker (unless I had the lyrics in front of me, I suppose). I've sung songs in Japanese, Korean, Italian, and German, amongst other languages.

6. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm glad someone posted this, otherwise I would have.

KEN LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

7. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    I sing along to french and japanese music daily. (especially the latter)

I like opera too, so i'll sing along to those as well (i think im pretty good at hearing and pronouncing things innately without having to look things up)

8. DMark69

Data: I can only speak for Germany, but most Germans speak some English, and the German radio stations play songs in english, even some of the movie theaters run movies in english without overdubbing them. So yes at least the Germans do listen to, and sing (I have even seen Karaoke done in english in a German bar.

Having said that, I know enough German to sing along to several songs in German as well.

Mark

9. DrkRayne

My wife is Lebanese so I do it all the time. Sometimes I can pick out words, other times...I have no idea what I am singing lol

10. English Frenchman

Are you in that one city (Or community, forgive my ignorance) in Michigan where almost everybody is lebanese and all the signs and shops are in Arabic? Deer Hunt or something along those lines?

11. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    Our teacher played us that too! Oh, happy days... :icon_bigg

12. tex st

tex st Guest

hahahaha, good good!

13. Yurian

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I love singing in different languages (I guess you could say I have a passion for foreign languages haha)
    When I lived in Japan I got the chance to sing karaoke there with my friends. Pro tip: Do NOT choose the traditional Japanese songs (enka). Very, very difficult :lol:
    Loads of fun though!

14. Bibliophagus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like to sing in Church Slavonic! :grin: which is weird because I'm opposed to nearly everything the ROC represents/endorsed atm...
    I just generally like churchy music: Latin German English Russian, I don't care. Hymns are fun to sing and easy to harmonize with and liturgical music is involved and beautiful aaaaand being a bit of a cultural anarchist I like the shock value of an atheist who sings about Jesus a lot XD.
    I also like rammstein a lot.

15. DrkRayne

Dearborn...I'm not in the city, but its about 40 mins from where we live and we go there quite often. I'm actually in that city right now. The client I'm handling is 'technically' in the city, but not in the Arabic Area.

16. English Frenchman

There seems to be a general consensus amongst us here who like Classical music, with in particular masses, that Rammstein is a marvel of the world.

17. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I sing a song where half of the chorus is in Hebrew called El Shaddai and there is a song in German that I want to learn but it is hard and creepy at the same time, but I love the song none the less. The German song is Erlköning by Franz Schubert.

[YOUTUBE]Erlkönig - Franz Schubert - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]

#37 phoenix89, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  18. UndercoverGypsy

I've always really wanted to learn to sing Psycho Killer by Talking Heads but there's a French bit. This thread's inspired me. I'm gonna learn it!

19. Packa

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Uh, Data, Das Teil is based on a real crime. A movie was made on it, too. Rothenburg. But at least here it is indexed. As a Rammstein-fan you surely were aware of this. Btw, most of our hit-rotation is english stuff. Zaz - Je veux went up highbinto the german charts (before the band started mountain climbing). As i speak a bit if french, i understand the words and love to sing along to it. With my thick german accent...

20. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I sing anime theme songs in the shower, but none of those are about lopping penises off. I actually speak japanese, although it's been a long time since I have, which kind of makes me wonder if I could still do it. I've forgotten a lot of stuff. Although earlier today I saw a knitting pattern in japanese and understood.