1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Siblings

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PatrickUK, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Younger sister, only by a couple years. We used to have an awful relationship. I had depression when I was around 14 and it strained all of my friendships/relationships and she became an easy target for me to take my anger out on, pains me to say. Now though we're as close as you get. I think it took both of us maturing. I love her to death and although I envy that I'm the eldest sibling so she gets life a lot easier than I did when dealing with the parents, I wouldn't swap her for anything.

2. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have an older sister and two older brothers. We sadly never ended up growing close as they lived a few states away and were much older than I was. My relationship went from distant to almost non-existant but now that I'm older slightly older, I do kind of want to try and communicate with them a bit more that I did before and see if we could at least get somewhat close.

3. Fedora Mun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have 3 siblings,1 brother and 2 sisters, all of them My half siblings. The oldest will be 31 this year, I don't talk to her much because she disowned my parents because they refused to go to her wedding(they think the guy is abusive).the next oldest is my second sister, she is 28 I think. She's currently homless on the streets of Pheniox doing drugs somewhere. The next one is my brother, he is 26 and we get along quite well and I get to talk to him frequently. Then I am the youngest at 16.

4. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have seven siblings. Six brothers and one sister.

Here are their personality types for reference:
    23 yr old brother = ENFP
    20 yr old brother = INFJ
    17 yr old male, me = INTP
    15 yr old brother = ISTJ
    11 yr old brother = ENTP (maybe)
    9 yr old sister = ENFJ (maybe)
    2 yr old brother = ????
    1 yr old brother = ????

I am something of a pacifist and don't get involved with inter-sibling conflict. It is exceedingly rare that I argue with anyone. The person I get along least with is, unfortunately, my mother as we are polar opposites. I used to be closest with my immediately older brother (now 20 yr old) but we grew apart. I am not close with anyone in my family.

5. randomconnorcon

I am the oldest of six:
    CiarĂ¡n (me): 22.
    Daniel: 20.
    Chloe: 17.
    Charlie: 10.
    Charlotte: 6.
    George: 3.

Me and Daniel have the same two parents. Chloe has the same mum. The youngest three have the same dad.

Me and Daniel used to be really close, like mind reading close. I did everything for him from the moment he was born and he was the only friend I really had, right up until high school. Then I made new friends and he joined two years later and got his own and by that time puberty had really messed me up, I had anxiety and depression and we had both acknowledged we weren't the same gender (though only I knew we should be). We drifted apart. Funnily, we still have a lot of the same interests (gaming, anime, movies, music, etc) and I've noticed we end up doing similar things in life (for one, we both worked behind a bar for an events company, though I had to leave when coming back home). Little things that remind me we're not so different, even if I do want to be a writer and he wants to be an engineer. We still talk and stuff, but maybe during my transition, we might be close brothers again one day.

Chloe is a different story. We used to play together, the three of us, but beyond that we were never that close. Wildly different interests. She can also be a bit of a bitch, not just to me but to everyone, including our mum. She can really bring down a good day if she doesn't get what she wants. I love her and when she asks me to do something, I'm likely to do it (if she hasn't been rude and nasty to us), but we're just not close. Maybe that'll change, maybe not.

Both Daniel and I love and are very close to the three youngest siblings. Always have been, since there's such a big age gap between us and them, so we've been the big brothers, protecting and looking after them. Their parents know that if they need someone for the kids, they only have to ask and we (one or both of us) will more than likely be there. Charlie is football mad, Charlotte loves to dance, and George is still figuring out what he loves most. The baby is the most like me, from the shows he loves to watch to (at least parts of) his personality. He doesn't like people in his personal space, so it takes a while to get a hug, unless you're a parent/grandparent.

6. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Are you the Weasleys by any chance?

Just kidding. Sorry. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. BookWriter1994

I have two younger brother. One is 19 college student, and the other just turned 9 and is in the fourth grade.

Me and my 9 year old brother get along great! I love playing video games with him when he asks me to play with him. I have no idea if he would like me when he turns into a teenager lol.

My 19 year old brother has it's ups and downs sometimes but we do get along.

8. YinYang

I've got one younger sister. She's 12. We don't get along.

9. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm an only child. :slight_smile:

10. Alexrocks1253

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a younger sister who is very nice and accepting and is trying her best to help me. (Even though she doesn't know what it feels like to not accept yourself.)

11. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have one sibling, an older sister. We used to get together amazingly, even considering each other as one of our best friends. Unfortunately, since she now lives with her boyfriend hours away, I've been seeing her a lot less and when we do meet, it doesn't feel the same as when we were younger. :icon_sad:

12. ForeverMe

I am very lucky in that me and my brother (6 years older than me) are very close. We used to gets in fights a lot when we were very young but recently we have gotten along very well. He is very accepting and open minded and I'm so thankful to have a person like him for a brother.

13. Outboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have 2 brothers, 1 half brother and 1 half sister. I'm really close to one of my brothers.
    We confide in each other about everything and hang out regularly.
    As Patrick knows, my brother was the first person I told that I'm gay. He has been amazing and still is.
    So is everyone else. It helps having a little nephew as well. He lights up the day!

14. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I have a younger sister. We've never gotten along perfectly well, especially when we were younger and polar opposites: She being the loud, outgoing, blunt, girly one, and me being the quiet, causal, tomboy, cautious one.

Many of the same things are true but of late, I've also noticed many profound similarities between us and the struggles we deal with. We don't really have serious talks and I'm not always the best sister, but hopefully we'll get a bit closer as time goes by.

15. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm five years older than my brother. We have no relationship at all. Even though he's not as violent as he used to be, he's still a narcissist and very manipulative and abusive to my mother. But he acts like an angel to everyone else!

16. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm the oldest of three of us; I have a younger sister who is 16, and a 13 year old little brother. I'm very protective of them both.
    I get on pretty well with them, I guess! I don't have very much in common with my brother due to the age gap of almost five years, but in general we get on nicely together. Sometimes we'll go into town together and that's always pretty nice. :slight_smile:
    As for my sister, we fight sometimes but overall, we get on really well. We have similar interests as well as a similar sense of humour, which means that we have a ridiculous amount of inside jokes.
    I don't have a "preferred sibling", though. They're both pretty cool, I'm lucky!

17. Embi

Embi Guest

I have a younger brother. We aren't hugging each other ever or saying that we care about each other at all, but I still think we have a quite good relationship. Probably was better when we were kids and played together in the forest (he's not even two years younger, so we had similar interests for most our lives). Now he has some opinions I don't like, but we stick together and mock each other for fun. It could definitely be worse. I don't know what it will be like when I move out. I could imagine that we get a bit out of touch and I won't admit that I care about him (same with him unless he really doesn't care about me :grin:).

18. Poroyl

Poroyl Guest

I have a fraternal twin brother. He is 12 minutes older than me.
    Our relationship today is awesome, like it has been most of the time. We have many things in common, but even more things that separate us from each other and make us who we are. We don't share the same values (especially the political ones), but we always find a compromise for everything. :rolle:
    He knows about my sexuality, but we rarely talk about it. Mostly because I never mention it. However, he sometimes switches T***** to males to see what kind of people linger there. :lol: It's funny to see his reaction.
    We attend the same high school program today, but when the time comes for university studies, we will probably go separate ways in which program we choose. We are still planning to find a town where both our educations are available so that we can live together (you know, to save money). (*hug*)

19. Joelouis

I have one full sister whom I'm very close to and very protective of.

We also have two other sisters and two other brothers but we're only close to one of them.

There is another sister on our Dads' side who we've never met.

20. Comet

I've got an older brother. He's pretty chill, he doesn't go to school much, but I still love him and all. He plays guitar a lot and likes to draw, so I see him as one of those rockstars who doesn't go to college and just makes it big with their guitar. Our dad doesn't want that though, so there's some tension there.