1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I ask her out? Argh, you'd think this would get easier with age!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Precious Venus, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Precious Venus

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks Pat! Yeah, it's not a great answer. I mean, it doesn't matter how busy you are, if you're into someone you make time.
    We always laugh when we're together and I'm pretty sure the attraction is mutual. She's also fairly perceptive and knows that even though I'm saying "friendship"what I really want is so much more. Perhaps she thinks I will leap across the table, pin her down and have my way with her (groan) or maybe she doesn't entirely trust herself to be just my friend...? Either way, I think she's going out of her way to send me the "I'm taken" message.

I think I will try to be a normal and unavailable as possible and leave it for a while.

Still, I'm not hearing a no, and I choose to interpret that as positive!

2. Pat

Pat

I would too! I have a three strike kinda rule. That would be a Strike 1. He/She's not into you. 2. Would be your next advance 3. Would be the last. If you strike out on hanging out three times, it's not gonna happen. Nowadays, I consider the fact that a guy doesn't text me a strike lol. You can never tell when someone's just trying to be nice and not hurt your feelings. But I'm a big boy, rather sooner than later. I talked to this dude for 3 months before I had to just end whatever the fuck we were doing. He was okay with me building him up and cared enough for me to tell him when he looked good, but never seemed interested in returning the same or cared enough to meet or tell me what was up. I asked three times too! I was like, are you attracted to me? He said he's not sure yet. Shit like that. You end up at square one so much. So if you start to take those things as strikes.. that way you pull out, erase numbers/info so you don't call them and just see how long it takes for them to get back to you. If they never do, there's your answer.

#22 Pat, Aug 2, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  3. Precious Venus

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    She is messing with my head, this one. When I see her in person she is outrageously affectionate but then... no effort to catch up outside of that. Gah!