1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shame

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by TheStormInside, Jul 18, 2014.

1. thekillingmoon

Mostly online. On dating sites and on forums like this one. I also have no options of meeting them in real life. It's nice when you can find someone you can relate to and it did make me feel better about everything.

2. TheStormInside

Thanks, killingmoon. Any possibility you could share the names of some forums? Or is that against the rules here?

I was able to speak to my therapist about the shame I've been feeling, today. She suggested I try to let go of my secondary layer of shame (the shame about the shame) and just allow myself to feel this way without judging myself, because everyone goes through it at some point. That was helpful and I will do my best to follow that advice.

Though I was able to tell her about the shame, and about how I am doubting that I'll ever end up with a man, I still can't seem to say the words "I think I'm gay" or "I'm a lesbian" to her. She still thinks I'm questioning heavily, and oddly that makes me feel like I should still be questioning.. possibly because I get the impression she thinks I'm bisexual. It's all so very confusing :bang:

3. thekillingmoon

Not sure if I'm allowed to post links to other forums. To be honest I don't remember because it was a long time ago and this is the only forum I check nowadays. There was this forum for bi women that I used to go to. You can google it if you want, it should come up in search. Anyway, hope you figure it out and stop feeling ashamed of who you are. These things can take time.