1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Religious fundamentalists 'educating' children about homosexuality.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Linthras, Sep 14, 2012.

1. I've seen a lot of Protestant fundamentalists who are Anti-Catholic and believe Catholics are "non-Christian." And since it lists Latin America (which is mostly Catholic) This is probably one of those sites.

Agreed.

#21 wonderingdave01, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2012
  2. IrishLad93

Haha, this made me laugh.

"Long ago 'most' cultures decided this was very wrong" (same-sex relationships)

Homosexuality was not deemed wrong until Christianity and Islam became such widespread religions. Islam just hopped on the band wagon basically adopting mostly all of Christianity's 'principles' (Christianity also did the exact same thing with other early religions especially Judaism, I think as most people would know). In Rome homosexuality was never condoned, likewise in ancient Greece. Looked upon as two of the most influential ancient civilizations in the Western world. The native Americans accepted homosexual men and women into their society known as two-spirits. They were given the role of shamans and given respect in the community and transgender-ism was encouraged. In ancient Japan 'nanshukos' were common throughout all classes. Samurais took their apprenticeships as lovers if the apprentice wished. These roles of homosexuality being prevalent throughout history are a regular occurrence in many many societies.

These half-witted (more like less than half-witted) fools do not have the first concept of history other than the history they make up. Two men and Two women kissing does not "seem right" because of the stigma society has attached to it over the hundreds of years!!! This was furthered by the Old Jewish laws that deemed homosexuality unfavourable, Christianity only carried these unwritten codes along in their basket of beliefs.

It has only been in the last 200 years or so that such staunch opposition towards homosexuality has been formed.

3. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This sounds like my Abeka homeschooling books, something they would do. :/

4. spectrumsigner

Welcome to my world-- I go to a strict fundie college (I'm here for the ASL program, not the bigotry and ignorance) and 99% of the people I go to school with believe those things about gays.

5. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    what you are describing is the calculated sugar-coating of a message of intolerance and hatred. It's not a redeemable point.

6. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*) Ugh, that must be horrible. One of my old history/geography books called homosexuality an alternative lifestyle.

7. Tails Luver

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What is wrong with people... -_- Why must they always make us look like the bad guys?

8. spectrumsigner

Yeah. It was referred to as an "unhealthy lifestyle choice" in my health class freshman year. In the textbook.

No, you dumbass. Fast food is an unhealthy lifestyle choice. Being a raging alcoholic is an unhealthy lifestyle choice. Wearing crocs is an unhealthy lifestyle choice. My sexuality is part of who I am. And there's nothing unhealthy about it-- what's unhealthy is suppressing who you are in order to conform to society. And wearing crocs.

9. everett

As usual nothing but moronic nutjobs who think they have any value in telling others how we should live our lives.

I refuse to bow to this.