1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Religious fundamentalists 'educating' children about homosexuality.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Linthras, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Linthras

Linthras Guest

2. Zontar

3. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Eloquently stated!

4. Zooombini

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :confused: That article was just... dumb...

"Kids who are overweight are sometimes bullied, too. And we might want to make that person feel better. But it would be a mistake to say that overeating is a good thing, right?"

That metaphor doesn't really make sense. Is it saying that homosexuals are attracted to too many people of the same-sex and we should not encourage that?

Let's rewrite that with another example:
    Kids who are tall are sometimes bullied, too. And we might want to make that person feel better for, you know being tall. But it would be a mistake to say that growing tall is a good thing, right?

5. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know how people can be so ignorant and vile.

6. Emberstone

It's called 'stupidity is the cornerstone of fundementalisem.'

Stupid people are also cruel because they are too willfully stupid to understand they are wrong, but will defend their lies, hatred, and shitmouthsyndrome to the death, but which means, your death, not theres, becuase religious fundementalisem, both christian and islamic, is a source of most all genocides in the modern era.

7. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Some people may think it's an overused comparison, but what would happen if a church started distributing pamphlets telling kids that interracial marriage is wrong?

8. Gold Griffin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I like how they seem to imply that Latin America isn't Christian, as they list it with India and other places as "not believing in God".

I also like their random pictures, most of which have little to do with what the subject is, such as the random jumping kid picture and the adult woman who is sad that two kids are doing some weird shoulder-holding thing.

It's really too stupid to take seriously.

9. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    does anyone think it would be fun to pretend to be a fundamentalist christian, form a group of like-minded friends, start getting vocal about issues like stopping people from wearing two different types of cloth, and people not sacrificing their birds on the west side of the altar so that the odour pleases the lord, and rapists of virgins not paying the ex-virgins' fathers 20 pieces of silver and marrying them... and since (please correct me if i'm wrong) the bible doesn't actually mention same-sex marriage per sé, be completely pro-gay marriage! So long as the newlyweds don't lay with each other of course, or any animals for that matter. God hates that. Nothing directly sinful about not consummating a marriage, if you're not catholic.

Does the bible mention same-sex marriage per sé?

10. Dummy

My post is gone. I'm feeling much better now.

#10 Dummy, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  11. Bookmonster

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Honestly, this isn't even worth wasting time on. There will always be crazy people in the world. Some, like my best friends, really need locking up in an asylum. Others, like the author of this article, aren't worth even that. I'd say they're just after a reaction.

12. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't see the problem here.

13. iamjrew

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sadly, most of Middle America are that stupid.

14. Gekko

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It is sad that there are people like the autor of that article who see just what they are told to see. That is not having freedom.

15. LSunday

Honestly, I'm fine with the overeating metaphor for a single reason.

"You're right, we don't want to encourage overeating. You know what? We should make it illegal for anyone who appears overweight to eat at fast food restaurants, so they aren't bullied as much."

It's why, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter whether or not sexuality is a 'choice.' We are not allowed to discriminate against people because of their race, gender, OR religion. Guess what? One of those is a choice. Two are genetic. And yet they're covered by the same laws. So, fine, blindly believe everything someone tells you about sexuality being a choice. You're free to be as ignorant as you want. That doesn't make it relevant.

16. British Lad

British Lad Guest

there is yet a phase to be created to descibe how stupid that artificial was.

17. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow...anyone else notice that the anti-gay people often create unprofessional looking documents? What's the problem with using Size 12 font? Why so large words? You think kids are that dumb? Oh wait, you're probably trying to educate kids who are age 5 so clearly we need big letters. My head just hurts over the stupidity.

18. Emberstone

I think it is a matter of stretching the length to make it seem more consequential of a document when printed out... because there are people who would waste ink to print out this tripe and distribute it.

19. Mango

IMO, on one hand, they say that homosexuality is wrong, but on the other hand, so called Christian fundamentalists have historically condoned wars, slavery, capital punishment, and the legal imprisonment of gays.

Apparently, those who support TV fundamentalist Christian evangelism also unknowingly, condone theft. That's also my opinion...

#19 Mango, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  20. RainDreamer

I don't think this is absolutely disgusting. It is, indeed, seriously misinforming and maintaining the stupid idea that it is sinful to be homosexual, and is total propaganda aiming toward children, which is disgusting. However, what I get from this is, they are teaching children not to be extremist, and do whatever they can to be nice with people to guide them to "the right way". So it is somewhat a redeemable point.

Still, it would be a much better lesson to kids to accept everyone the way they are, and especially, stop using the word "gay" as an insult >.>