1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

regular member to full member request?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by campervankid, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Jonathan

A few things to take into consideration when anxious about the waiting time for your application for full member status.

1.) The amount of applications that the staff receives must be exponentially large compared to the actual number of staff members themselves. EC has seen a very expansive growth recently, so the number of people applying for full membership must be sky-rocketing.

2.) EC is a place that focuses very strongly on safety and the protection of its members. Therefore, the staff take the time not only to look over the application, but to examine the contributions that applicant has made to the forum and how they have interacted with others. They look at great detail to make sure that the applicant has good intentions and is right for the forum. If there is that much depth to *one* application, you can imagine how long it would take to go through the vast plethora they must receive on a daily basis.

3.) Not to mention that the staff on EC are all volunteers with lives of their own. They willingly give their time and effort to help EC run smoothly, but if something is going on in their real lives (such as finals), naturally their EC responsibilities go on a back burner for a little awhile.

Point being, there are many variables that would very likely cause time delays in the processing of your application. There's nothing really you can do but be patient and wait for them to have the chance to go over it :slight_smile:

2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wassupski,

Just to let y'all know that the backlog is being dealt with as quickly as possible. Unfortunately this time of the year usually brings about delays because of the additional academic commitments combined with the usual work restraints that staff have, but this year our booming activity has meant that things have really piled up during this period of time. Saying that, there has obviously been issues with the application system for a while, so we'll be making a few changes behind the scenes to help speed up this problem and make it a lot less reliant on particular people/usergroups.

All I will ask at this time is that you be patient with us and give us a few more days to deal with the backlog. I'm going to co-ordinate with certain staff to have the security checks done en-masse to all pending applications (meaning any received from today onwards will not be prioritised immediately), and that the reviewing and voting occurs between today and Friday. The target will be that all current existing applications that are pending will be in a position to get processed on either the Friday or Saturday.

I'm really sorry for the delays. >.<

Martin.

3. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've looked at the member request thingie a couple times but decided not to bother filling it out LOL
    perfectly ok with being a 'regular member'

4. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The staff have now finished reviewing the backlogged apps and are now beginning to process apps submitted from 17th April onwards. :slight_smile:

We'll be making changes to the application reviewing process shortly that should help speed things up, but details will be posted about this once the changes have been formalised.

Martin.

5. Mysz

You lot are fabulous! Thank you!

6. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good Luck Guys on getting approved

7. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

I we wondering the same too and how do I delete my threads and name a new one ?

8. All Star

All Star Guest

To rename a thread? You'll have to ask a mod/admin.

9. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

No to delete one thread and make a new one

10. Fiddledeedee

You can't delete threads either, and there's a time limit on deleting posts. Use the report button [​IMG] or post in Ask The Staff to request that your thread is deleted, and then create a new one as normal.