1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Realizing you're gay stories

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by xyc, May 7, 2005.

1. male4men

male4men Guest

First I thought I was straight,
    Then I thought I was bi,
    Now I know that I am gay.

2. theMaverick

Those feelings I was supposed to have for girls, were stronger for boys for the longest time. I didn't realize it, really. A shirtless guy would give me butterflies. It wasn't until I was 19 that I really put it together though.

3. Ventus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Throughout elementary and middle school I ONLY had crushes on girls. The idea of liking a guy never even crossed my mind until highschool. I continued having crushes on a few girls, but I realized that there was never sexual desire behind it.

I realized I was gay during a chemistry class. A guy was sitting two seats in front of me in the row to the right of mine. I was really just admiring him at first, but before I knew it I was fantasizing about sitting on his lap and making out with him.

That NEVER happened with a girl before. Eventually I began to having sexual urges for more and more guys frequently, and soon lost all interest in girls completely.

4. LionsAndShadows

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was twelve. I had my first crush. It was on a boy at my school. It was pretty intense. Then another crush and another – always guys. Soon, I figured…

… and it made a whole lot of sense even if only to explain why for so many years I’d felt kind of different from my peers. But there was a huge lag between my knowing and my accepting and then finally assimilating my sexuality into my identity as a man.

5. klickova

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thinking back on it, there were lots of factors that led to me figurring out that I liked girls, but the defining factor was when I was in seventh grade, my friend had a party where we went to the water park, and there were lots of girls in bikinis, and it was very sudden. I just thought to myself "I'm gay" and I couldn't stop thinking about it that whole day. I had never thought I was gay before that. So yeah.

6. revi

revi Guest

When I used to look at griups of people and have general attraction to some of them I would just assume it was the female side. Then I went online and heard about people being attracted to the men side and not realizing it.

At that point i started to notice the attraction was toward the men but I wouldn't accept this part of me till 2 months ago.

7. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

At 13, I began to notice that I was aroused by other boys a lot and not at all by girls. I looked up the definition of homosexual online, found "The condition of being attracted to members of the same sex exclusively," and then thought "Well fuck. I'm a homosexual."

8. Rec

Rec

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I was in my sophomore year of high school and in a study period saw this girl across the room with shortish hair reading a book alone and I just kept looking at her and glancing away when our eyes met. I thought about how attracted I was to her after class for the longest time. I walked behind her after that and she had like a rainbow pin on her backpack and ever since then it's been definite. The weird thing is I legit never saw her again, she was like a magical lesbian fairy. I mean there were instances before that obviously; that just confirmed everything.

9. exptruth09

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I started to get feelings for my best friend in high school but at the time I was still into girls. However, as time went by I started to notice that when I was in bed with girls, or thinking about them, I couldn't really focus on them. It had nothing to do with it being the right or wrong girl or anything, I was just always more alive when it came to guys. I know a beautiful girl when I see one, and they can still excite me but I'm gay.