1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rate each year of the decade and give your thoughts on it

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AlexPatrickMorrissey, Dec 24, 2009.

1. AllSmiles

2000: First year in school. I didn't know anyone, most other classmates knew each other. 5/10

2001: I don't remember much of '01. School stuff got better than in 2000, though. 6/10

2002: I don't really remember that much of this year. I sucked at school though. 4/10

2003: Things got really messed up at school. 4/10

2004: Ten years old, this was my best year at that time. School was okay, I think. Awful teacher, though. 6/10

2005: A new, really awesome teacher which made things slightly better. I got my share of the bullying. I was quite lonely. 4/10

2006: I didn't get bullied anymore, but I continued to be even more lonely than in '05. I started realizing that I liked guys. People noticed. 3/10

2007: Got the most awesome teacher at school. Was in denial about being gay. An okay year. 6/10

2008: Started accepting that I'm gay in spring. Didn't accept it fully though. The awesome teacher died. Went to London in the summer holiday. At that time it was the most awesome experience ever. This was also the year when I started getting grades in school. Mine were awesome and I got the best in my class. 9/10

2009: Simply the most wonderful year ever. I had fully accepted that I was gay and started feeling ready for coming in the beginning of the year. Came out to a friend in June. A couple of days later I came out to my mom. Went to London a week later. It was even more awesome than in '08. I still got good grades. I joined EC in the end of September, which I haven't regretted at all. A little later I joined a Danish website for gays called Boyfriend, where I met the guy that's becoming my boyfriend at the moment. So yeah, it has deffs been the most awesome year ever for me. An outstanding 10/10

2. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

2000 - hated the turn of the milennium. quit a job got a new job - 6/10
    2001 - i was 18 this year - was great 7/10
    2002 - dont remember-5/10
    2003 - dont remember - 5/10
    2004 - dont remember -5/10
    2005 - dont remember - i did start my driving tho - 6/10
    2006 - got my first car this year 8/10
    2007 - dad decided to cheat on my step mother so he fled and left us in disaster 1/10
    2008 - my dog died this year. so was devastated - 1/10 new car makes it 3/10
    2009 - nothing too great happened ths year. i would say thats good. i did get my first full season ticket for football club 6/10
    2010 - ??? hopefully it is gonna be great, starts off with a firework display and possiblya bbq in the snow.

3. Ander Blue

Copenhagen, Denmark (normally Troy, New York)
    2000: still physically recovering from an accident that put me in the hospital for two months, so yah that year sorta sucked. Wasn't able to play any sports or anything. However, I did get to play N64, which was awesome because my mom would never have allowed me to play video games were it not that I couldn't go outside. 3/10

2001: Parents divorced, though I was okay with it. It didn't really phase me - I remember telling them to do whatever made them happy. Teacher I had that year died at the end of the year. 2/10

2002: 6th grade - fun teacher who was young and spunky. nothing much happened in life though 5/10

2003: 7th grade - my grandpa died. had an awesome teacher, who let me cry into her arms when she found out. Did well in school still though. 4/10

2004: 8th grade - hmm. Great teacher, i was still a nerd though 6/10

2005: Freshie year - met new friends in high school (who are now my absolute bestest buds). Played basketball, and was horrible at it. Played tennis and loved it - made the varsity team. Traveled to Spain. 7/10

2006: Sophomore year - ugh (shudder). First relationship with a girl which resulted in her cheating on my with one of my best friends. Sister moves out of my mom's house, leaving parental relations in turmoil. Lost place on senior tennis team. Physical abuse of private space by an acquaintance which led to tons of emotional distress and confusion. Not good at all. 0/10

2007: Great Grandmother died at the age of 105. got back on varsity tennis. Traveled to Costa Rica 4/10

2008: Yay!!! Graduated high school as valedictorian. However, I had to take a credit of PE as a senior in a class with a bunch of freshman, not fun... anywho's :grin: woot woot, and I got an awesome scholarship to go to a college in New York. Had a pseudo relationship with a girl, and it was the first time I had ever really been able to connect with a girl on a mental level. 8/10

2009: First year of college was amazing. Had an amazing teacher my second semester and he was AWESOME!!!! Sadly, this teacher died my third semester :tears: I wish he could still be here. Joined my fraternity, doing well in school, lost my virginity to a girl :confused: 10/10

I'm quite prepared to have an awesome decade this time round (!)

4. RaeofLite

2000 (4/10) I will rate this because... I can't remember much other than the fact that I went to disney land... lol

2001 (7/10) I met one of my best friends. He's an amazing dude and we can tell each other anything. Honestly if I was straight, I probably would have married him. lol But kidding aside, this was my first year in highschool (grade 8) and probably one of the better years in highschool...

2002 (5/10) Grade 9... One of the highlights was playing a Who in the Grinch Christmas play our Drama class did. :lol:

2003 (3/10) No real highlights that I can recall...

2004 (5/10) I went to Europe with some fellow students. It was amazing. :grin: It was only two weeks though so that sucked.

2005 (1/10) Dark year... self esteem started to crumble and one former "friend" started rumours about me...(No, not "those gay rumours" ":lol:slight_smile: causing some friends to back off. It was only years later they realized he was a jerk. I had a lot of self hatred and bad body image this year, which lingered to the next as well...

2006 (2/10) -Better... depression lifted a tad... This summer I gradded highschool and... realized I wasn't straight during the summer which sent me into another mini tailspin down and up on a continuous rollercoaster.

2007 (6/10) Went to Europe again(this time Germany). And I met my uncle who happens to be gay and living with his partner. Me and my sister stayed with them. It was nice seeing a gay couple act "normal", considering I never really saw or knew of any gay people growing up.

2008 (9/10) Pretty good. I left my first university to persue something I was more interested in at a smaller college. I met up and connected with old friends and kept in touch with longtime friends. I did my last "test run" to make sure I was doing my damndest to "be straight". And... it didn't work even after dating quite a few dudes (many of whom were attractive and pretty nice). So at the end of the year I started watching the Lword and was able to see similar experiences to things I felt and was going/about to go through.

2009 - (10/10). Amazing. Everything happened so quickly. I finished the first year of my diploma program with alright grades. I came out to all my friends (the guy friend I had from grade 8 supported me althroughout), facebook, and family. Family didn't take it so well but it's getting a ton better by now. :slight_smile: I had a couple girl friends. I went to Vancouver Pride which did a number for boosting self confidence/self acceptance. :grin:

#24 RaeofLite, Jan 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is a very awesome topic.

2000 - This was my last year of Grade 6. I was the first class of 2000. It was wonderful, I was "popular", had tons of friends, and was looking forward to middle school. Took my first ride on a play. Also started my phobia of being home alone and of tornadoes because of a tornado that almost happened in my city. I then started Grade 7 at a new school. Was tough. Most of my friends found their own groups, whereas me I was kind of left alone. My best friend to this day still was there, but not much during middle school. But I did find my own group, and was thrilled about having new friends. T'was also one of the longest relationships I had with a girl lol. 8.5/10

2001 - Most of this was good. Did end the relationship with the girl after an on and off relationship of 9 months. Was lead role in The Wizard of Oz (Scarecrow) and this was amazing. Took my second ever plane ride. 9/11 was the only downside....so I'll give it a 8.5/10 again.

2002 - Finished up Grade 8. Was sort of the top of my class. Not fully like Valedictorian but still did quite well. Started high school. Wasn't too bad. Joined Students Council for the first time. Did experience slight harassment by an idiot senior who won me in a student auction (butler auction I mean) and then said "I'm gonna make you my b**ch" -_- That was the only downside. 9/10

2003 - Finished up my first year of high school with few problems. Had my first experience with a guy (b/j) and started realizing I was a little different. Started Grade 10, didn't have much problem here. 10/10

2004 - Came to terms with being bisexual. Finished up Grade 10, got my G1 (basically beginner's license), turned Sweet 16 :grin:. Started Grade 11. Um....gave my first ever b/j and well...loved it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Didn't have much problem again. 10/10

2005 - This was a weird year, mainly bad but maybe one or two good points. Finished up Grade 11. Came to terms with being gay. Came out to people slowly till I was completely outed by a "friend". Tried telling the parents and nearly got kicked out by Mom, that was unfortunate. Went back in the closet. Upside had my first boyfriend, downside was dumped. So I guess 4.5-5/10

2006 - Finished Grade 12. Started dating a new guy during the summer, then thanks to said guy my body/mind went into a depression so I had to break up with him. Rest of this year went fine. 8.5/10

2007 - Finished my victory lap year or Grade 13, w/e you want to call it. Prepped for University. Started and met my third boyfriend, really enjoyed this relationship though it seemed more sex-based than anything....none the less. This year was liberating and my social life just skyrocketed. Even though my bf broke up with me a week before Christmas I still have to give it a 10/10

2008 - End of First Year. Grades could of been better but I had focused more on my social life than my school. Started Second year, single this entire year mainly. Had a short lived relationship with a 17 year old, bad choice but not a big deal so nothing negative just silly of me. Again I'm going to....give it a 9/10

2009 - Met my fourth and longest lasting boyfriend. We lasted 5 months and though it was a closeted type thing as in no hand holding or even hugging in public, it still was the longest one I had. Ended Second Year with good grades as I focused more on that than social life as much. He broke up with me in June then in August found out a week after he dumped me, my ex from first year and him started dating. That made me ticked off. Then in December of 2009 met my fifth and most recent boyfriend, it went really well for the month, and then he dumped me last week but that's 2010 so....not part of this past decade hehe. Anyway, still was about a....9.5/10.

6. SolitaryKnight

2000 - Moved from Alberta to the East Coast of Canada, and I was really happy about it. Started at a new school and made lots friends. 8/10

2001 - Finished grade 10 and started 11. Was student council treasurer. Hung out with awesome people. Good year. 7/10

2002 - Started driving, lost the election for student coucil president (oh well). Dyed my hair blue. 7/10

2003 - Oh boy, graduated from high school, gave the valedictory speech. Started university. Very stressful year. 5/10

2004 - University got easier. My grandfather died of a heart attack which was a huge shock to my family. 2/10

2005 - Moved in with friends (not a good idea). Decided my major at uni. Got a new car. 6/10

2006 - Moved into a new apartment. Went to Greece for the first time on a scholarship, it was sweet. Started my last year at uni. My best friend broke up with his girlfriend which was long overdue, but he went a little weird afterward. Got my first tattoo. 8/10

2007 - Graduated university. Moved to London, ON. Went to Greece a second time on a different program, explored the northern parts of the country. Started my master's degree. Had a breakdown in October, I wasn't sleeping. Saw a counselor and figured I should take a leave from university. 1/10

2008 - Worked for awhile in Ontario and eventually moved back to New Brunswick. Moved in with university friends (not a good idea). Found my current job. Moved into a another apartment on my own. 4/10

2009 - Made new friends at work. Visited old friends a lot. My grandmother had a stroke. My mother moved out from my father, creating an awkward dynamic in the family. Came out to my mother in Sept and she was very supportive. Promoted at work. 7/10

2010 thus far - Finished my second tattoo.

7. xequar

2000: Graduated high school and started college. Made a bunch of new friends, too. (9/10)

2001: Second year of college. Moved to a cool building. Had fun classes. Good friends, good times. (10/10)

2002: Third year of college. Classes were enjoyable, but definitely more challenging. Had a bunch of really cool people in my building that year. (9/10)

2003: Final year of college. Most of the cool people left my building. Classes were brutal. Graduated Magna Cum Laude. (7/10)

2004: Started internship. Crappy roommates in crappy apartment. Gained nearly $10,000 in credit card debt when my car died and I lost my financial aid for internship. Lost all faith in God. Had the gun loaded to kill myself. Overall, the worst year of my life. (0/10)

2005: The bad of 2004 drug into this year. Got my own apartment. Totalled my car (actually had 3 different cars during the course of this year). Owed the government $4,000 in taxes. Made some new friends and started doing social stuff. Began deconverting from fundigelical Christianity. (2/10 first half, 7/10 second half)

2006: Started to stablise financially and paid off 1 of my 2 credit cards. Bought my new car (the old one was starting to nickle and dime me to death). Basically finished my deconversion from being a formerly right-wing fundigelical. Got a new position at my company with about double the money. Got a roommate to help pay bills. (8/10)

2007: Paid off all credit card debt. Got a better roommate. Came out as gay!! Got smashed by an SUV that ran a red light while I was riding my bicycle and spent the last three months of the year on crutches. (10/10 first half, 3/10 last half).

2008: Mostly recovered from the accident. Started traveling and made a number of good friends all over the U.S. and Canada. Met my current boyfriend at a Halloween party. Started having complications from my accident at the end of the year. Nearly lost my job twice as the company was cutting jobs and entire departments (including mine) like crazy. (7/10)

2009: Accident complications forced me to essentially start over with healing my injuries. Spent a total of five months on crutches and another five months total being barely able to walk. Still employed at my company after over 50,000 jobs were cut. Took a pay cut to stay employed. (2/10)

All told, I'm rather happy that decade's done. College was great, and there were a lot of great moments, but there was a lot of genuinely awful shit that I'd never care to revisit. My rating for the decade overall?
    (9/10 first part, 1/10 middle part, 6/10 end part).

8. lostinthought9

2000--I was in 3rd grade, don't remember much, but elementary school was such a simpler time and place. 7/10

2001--4th grade. Again, don't remember much. Teacher was rough though. 7/10

2002--5th grade. Favorite year in elementary. I met my best friend that year, and we're still close today. We moved into our new house that year as well. I started to realize that I was looking more at guys than girls. 9/10

2003--Middle School. I hated it with a passion. This guy tried to bully me for the first two years of middle school, and we'd always get into little scruffs. I did meet another good friend though. 3/10

2004--7th grade. Favorite year of middle school. Had fun. 7/10

2005--8th grade. The year my friend went to another school, and we would hardly see each other. I improved ALOT in band, I was first chair in the parish. Started high school in the fall. My grandmother was diagnosed with cancer, and died in the fall. This was the hardest year of the decade. I can't express to you how much pain it was to have a loved one live in your house while she slowly died of cancer, and you couldn't do a damn thing about it. 2/10

2006--9th grade (10th in the Fall). Loved high school a whole lot more than middle school. It was easier, and the people were nicer. Got my learner's permit. 9/10

2007--10th grade (11th in the Fall). Don't recall anything too special about this year. It was okay. Finally started driving. 6/10

2008--11th grade (12th in the Fall). Improved even more in band, was section leader. I finally came to terms with me being gay, and came out to a few friends. I joined EC. I had my first car accident though. The hardest school year, academically speaking (11th grade). (Fuck Chemistry). Met a really good friend, who used to be close. 8/10

2009--12th grade. It was OK. Umm, it started out rough. Supposed to be the best year, because being a Senior was the shiz. It wasn't. Although, I did get early dismissal. I lost most of my interest and competitiveness in band. Summer was hell. It was ruined by the stupid surgery, and my supposedly best friend and I argued quite often. I did start college in the fall. I liked it. I joined the debate team, and made some good friends. I made the Dean's List in my first semester of college. So...yeah. 2009 had it's ups and downs. 7/10.

Looking forward to what this year may bring though. :slight_smile: