1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*Questioning-Woman Crush*

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by FlyRider02, Feb 13, 2014.

1. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How would you feel if she kissed you?

2. FlyRider02

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I honestly don't know....she's kissed me on the cheek/forehead, and I like it.

However, I've never really entertained the idea of kissing a female before, and even though she is a very masculine female, she's still a female.

She's stroked my cheek..and has looked at me with this intensity in her eyes like she wants to kiss me....I just don't know if I'm ready for that yet.

I want to be brave like her someday; I just want to kiss her with everything inside me and not hold back, someday haha.

But, when I look in her eyes at those moments, I just feel like there's too much risk. Too much to be afraid of; too much uncertainty. (Because it's either going to be a normal kiss, I'm really going to like it or I'm really going to hate it.)

And that makes me so nervous.

But I don't want to be nervous; she doesn't make me nervous...just the situation. And the risk. And the fact that she's a female and I'm not supposed to have crushes or even slightly want to be more than friends with any female, no matter how 'masculine' they may be.

3. FlyRider02

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Well,

We um kinda did kiss. Uh....
    It was, very awkward. (Because we totally don't have the same kissing styles lol.)

And, it was....disappointing. Because, I wanted it to be like fireworks or something like that.

It was just....a kiss.

But, because it was so awkward, and I'm so selfish; I think I'd like to kiss her sometime again. When it feels more 'right'?

Maybe it will never feel more 'right,' maybe I should just stop putting myself in these situations altogether.

I'm just scared that (as much as I do kinda want to kiss her gently and show her what she's doing lol), that it might just be another normal kiss. And I really will need to realize that I am lying to myself, to her.

God, I am so selfish.

And she won't leave me alone lol! No one has ever claimed to love me as much as she does....and I just....can't handle it. I love it, and appreciate all the affection. I really do.

She just....she looks at me and I WANT to believe that all the lovely stuff she's saying is true. I want to feel that fluttery, convinced, happy feeling again.

It's like a mental block; maybe I can't accept this love b/c I keep reminding myself that she's a female, I'm selfish, and this is wrong?

She deserves SO so much better than me. So much.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Firstly let her decided whether or not she likes you even if you think she deserves better. I don't think a second kiss would be a bad thing. I just think you need to speak to her and be honest. You don't know how you feel and you don't want to lead her on but you do want to like it.

5. FlyRider02

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Okay; that sounds like a great idea!

She does like me. A lot lol.

I don't think so either; I guess I'm just waiting for the time to 'feel' right....if there ever is a time that feels right.

I definitely don't want to lead her on.

Thank you!

6. KThomps

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think that you are romantically attracted to her. Not sure why just a gut feeling lol

7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i was also thinking back to when I first kissed my girlfriend. I wouldnt describe it as fireworks. I mean it was nice and exciting but kind of scary at the same time and I was really nervous and unsure. I also think it depends what the build up to it is like. If you think in your head, this kiss is going to be the most amazing mind blowing kiss ever and you have this ideal picture of it in your head then it is unlikely to live up to expectation.

8. FlyRider02

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I think so too. (I think lol)

Overall, I just have a worried mindset about all of this. I think if I focused on the positives, on going slow, on realizing that we don't need to rush into things....that maybe stuff would be okay. Lol, it's all so confusing.

Either way, we are fantastic friends and it is awesome. :slight_smile:

9. Lil Shorty

Just take it slow ask her to a movie hang out more get to know her better ask yourself how you would feel about dating her like in an open relationship I did that it lead to us liking each other and then dating it is all about how well you like her and if you are purrfectly comfortable with her

10. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah slow and steady is good. As long as you are honest with her at a all times then you should worry so much. Try and enjoy the experience.

11. FlyRider02

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Okay; thank you so much!

I will continue being honest w/ her and work on limiting my worrying. :slight_smile:

12. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Easier said than done huh? Keep us updated. You can always post on my wall and I'll help if I can. Try not to pre empt the what it's just worry about them when and if they happen. :slight_smile:

13. FlyRider02

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    How do I say this?

I've talked to a few trusted people who recommend that I back off (aka, her and I friend zone things until I know or can make a decision or whatever on what I want etc, so that I don't lead her on), but then we hang out and it becomes so un-friendzoney!

Lol, part of that is my fault. I enjoy being held by her too much, and holding her hand. That's about my comfort level with all of this right now.

But I KNOW that she cares deeply about me. (Sometimes, half of me wants to run away in fear and logical, heterosexual reasoning......and usually that's when my mental block goes up. It's nerve-wracking and uncomfortable to even entertain thoughts that I could actually feel this way, that we could be a thing.)

However, I enjoy desire....and I like it when she kisses me on the cheek or something. She was stroking my cheek and I just said "screw it," and gave into that desirable feeling.

I'm just not ready for kissing again, not yet. IF that opportunity ever arises, I want to lead. I want it to feel right.

But this girl, she like, L.O.V.E.S. me. You have NO idea. I'm worried that with such my people-pleasing nature, I'm putting myself into this role of her gf for her benefit, not mine.

I was honest with her the other night; I told her not to kiss me and that if the opportunity arises, I will kiss her. However, it was late, and she had just deliciously stroked my cheek, and I was looking at her, trying to see her. Not the 'her,' or 'idea of her,' that I've been taught to see.

And honestly, she is beautiful. She is wonderful. I told her that. I literally made her cry tears of joy (this girl is NOT a crier.). God, she loves me. :slight_smile:

However, if 'this,' is all built up in my head, or became an issue because I over analyzed everything and let those doors be opened, then I don't want to commit myself to her or anyone in a way that could hurt or confuse them.

I am very confused. Very, very confused. I don't think I've been 'denying,' a part of myself that I've always had or anything like that, I think I'm straight. I've always been, no question about it. If anything, she has opened doors to a heightened awareness of myself.

I'm just scared; what if I start falling for her? What if I feel emotions that I haven't allowed myself to feel?

What if I go to college, and realize that she needs to go find someone better and I will go find my Prince Charming and have everything be a happily ever after?

Maybe I'm just lying to myself. I'd love to love her; I don't know if I can....that involves opening up doors to all of these scary, unknown feelings and things.

Well, we are still friends. Hopefully we will be friends for a long time, if all else fails lol.

And man, if she was a guy...I'd have dated her last year. Why must the world be so black and white for me?? This doesn't make sense.....I don't make sense....she doesn't make sense.

It's all very scary. Very, very scary. But nice and interesting, I s'pose. *sigh*

14. BlossomOfAngel

Hi, first of all, I must say that your post has been really helpful and I wish you the best of luck. The truth is that you encouraged me to share a problem I have been dealing with for a long time and that reminds me of yours. Maybe we can be of help to each other :slight_smile:

You see, I'm dealing with a similar situation since almost a year ago, but the point is that even if I've dated a girl before, I'm utterly confused! I don't know if I'm attracted to women or not,maybe it's just my mind refusing to accept the idea or I don't know, it just doesn't sit well in my mind. Anyway, I enjoyed a lot being with her even if we had to part but then, months after, this girl appeared. Like in your situation, she's my best friend, I trust her completely but here comes the problem: I don't know if I really like her, if I'm just attached to her because I care for her and she has been a great support in difficult times and I just want to return the favor... I'm just going crazy because even myself can't seem to understand how I act when I'm around her! If we are in the same place, I have to be next to her, if we're not, I need to talk to her even with the silliest excuse ever. My mind's a chaos because on top of that, she has a boyfriend and if I'm really attracted to women I can't seem to come to terms with that for some reason.

Well, thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this teenage drama (because for me, it really seems one of those dramatic situations teenagers of TV series go through and that makes me feel even more pathetic) and I'm sorry for any grammar/spelling mistakes, I'm not an English speaker, so... My excuses in advance and feel free to correct me.

15. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When your friends told you to back off how did that make you feel?

Blossomofangel your English is great don't worry. Try not to put so much pressure on yourself. Do you ever look at other girls in real life or on tv?

16. BlossomOfAngel

Thank you so much silverhalo ^.^ Pressure... That word has become my middle name since I was like 12, always worrying XD Maybe that's why this is driving me crazy, pressure here, pressure there and expectations of what and how I should be and achieve.

I don't exactly "look", I mean, it's hard to someone to catch my eye just by appearance, I'm not attracted to anyone almost never if I don't know the person... But I think so, frequently it's a girl who interests me or I think "wow, she's pretty". It's as if my brain has accepted that girls interest me, if I have to randomly think about a couple it'd automatically be a girl, almost never a boy, but then there's that other part that refuses flat out to accept it because my parents would freak out, my familiy's expectations would crash and I couldn't stand to be a failure to them.

17. FlyRider02

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    This is so cool! We have like, the same problems!! *high five Blossomofangel* :grin:

Silverhalo, I accepted it. It's probably the right thing to do in this situation. However, I like her. I'm just agonizing over everything and haven't decided how much I like her...or to what extent, I suppose. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I accepted it, we have backed off (sorta), and it's nice. I didn't WANT to back off; I wanted to just make a decision, or date her right away or something. But truth is, I'm confused. She is beautiful. We are good friends, and whatever happens, I hope she can stay my friend.

I'm @ an in-between stage, and I'm trying to accept my confusion and the weirdness of oife as I get to know her better. We have many 'rules,' when we hang out..... #1 being, "just go with it." If I make a stupid mistake, I'll let her know. And vice versa. :grin:

18. BlossomOfAngel

Hahaha I know, it was a great surprise for me too! Hopefully it'll turn better for you, because my case is hopeless. She has a boyfriend and well, there's no way something happens with us because of that and because she sees me like... A little sister? (even if she's technically younger, she's much more mature compared to me) Or I don't know, someone to take care of. You see, I've been struggling with everyone's expectations for a long time, pushing myself and kind of "punishing myself" for being a failure and she realised all that and that I was bordering anorexia even before myself... Long story short, she's the one who has been (is) helping me deal with it and get on the right track, let's say it like that. And I'm SO lost... I don't know if I'm just attached, if I depend on her, if I downright love her. All's driving me crazy, I don't want to feel that I depend on her, that I need her, that I'm after a girl, which goes against all my family wants and expects from me and everything's making me feel a bigger failure...

Well, my point after all this rant that I don't even know why I'm posting, because I've never talked about this with anyone, is that I wish you the best of luck. It seems that everything's going to a wonderful and happy experience and I really hope that it turns well ^.^

19. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Other peoples expectations of you can be crushing. You have to try and step aside from them for a while. Being who other people want you to be won't make you happy. You could try watching some tv or films with lesbian story lines, see how that makes you feel.

FlyRider02 I'm sure you will work it out in the end. Sometimes less is more and the less you try and find the answer the quicker it finds you.

20. FlyRider02

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    BlossomofAngel, I know exactly what you mean. God, it's so tough to be a female in today's society, isn't it? (I totally understand the whole "punishing" feeling....believe me. *sigh*, the things we women put ourselves through for acceptance, love, and justification.)
    Actually, this is also kind of a position that my 'friend' and I are in; I can't tell if I depend on her friendship, stability and comfort, or b/c of the confusing and challenging times of life, I also am genuinely interested in something more with her.

At least this person cares about you; she seems like a very compassionate individual nonetheless. And if she is making the time to be there for you, to help you out and love you even when you feel unlovable, I think you guys must have a very tight bond. I am very glad that you have someone in your life like that. :slight_smile:. Either way, true best friends are hard to come by.

Well, you "don't want to feel like you depend on her, like you need her," to quote your phrase. You definitely don't want to feel that way. I'm not very experienced in relationships lol, (&dont want to put ideas or labels in your head that don't need to be there), but make sure you find time to make yourself happy, too. (I know, it's very very hard.)

You don't want to depend on someone for your sole happiness/well-being....(I did that with anther friend of mine and was crushed when she moved on.). Make sure you find ways to make yourself happy, (maybe even a counselor or therapist could help with that..?), so that when you find the right person for you...be it this girl, a guy, or another girl down the line,you can feel confident in yourself enough to know that whatever situation arises, you have the knowledge to handle it in the best way possible at that given moment.

Honestly, (if you ever were open to this idea), I would at least lightly broach the subject with your friend. You don't have to tell her your feelings, (because you want to be in a place where you feel happy with yourself and can explore these feelings with open curiousity...if you ever so choose). But if you feel that she is a good enough, trusted friend, then maybe you could at least say you were confused or questioning.....and note her response.

Even your friend is not open to these ideas other than heteronormativity, I'm hoping that she would at least be able to have an intelligent conversation with you...maybe even reminding you of the 'you' that she knows. That could help dispel some confusion, possibly?

I hope this all makes sense and helps; please let me know if you need anything! :slight_smile:

Silver halo, thank you for all your help. I think that I may be starting to fall for this girl, and it's really scary and I'm full of guilt. I guess I'll just try to stop thinking and searching so much. Either way, everything will be okay. :slight_smile:. I have time lol!