1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Polyamory

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dryad, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are there any polyamorous people in this site? It would be interesting to hear your experiences. :slight_smile:

Lately I've been thinking that I'd most likely participate in a polyamorous relationship. I've found out that it is possible to have sincere feelings for more than one person at once. For example, be in love with one person but also have a crush with another... Don't get me wrong, I'm not making excuses to cheat, but I don't see how love is supposed to be limited between two partners.

2. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

It's not for me, but I bet some people on this site are in to that kind of thing.

3. Foxface

right here!

we have our little rules and have been doing it for over ten years

4. Hexagon

I've never done poly, never having been in a relationship, but I'm not opposed to the idea, either on a personal or general level. If a partner was interested, I'd be alright with it. Either open or poly.

5. Techno Kid

I don't think it would be for me... would get too jealous. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anyone who likes that type of relationship, I support you 100 percent!! :slight_smile:

6. DangerAlex

I don't know, it would depend on my feelings for my primary partner whether I could share him/her. Like I couldn't with my boyfriend now, and he's already told me he absolutely could not share me, so bringing a third into the bedroom is not an option for us. I've had threesomes before though, so it's one of those been-there-done-that type of situations; I'm not that torn up having him all to myself :slight_smile:

7. musicgirl18

Haha, I know what you mean Techno. :grin: I am in no way against it, but I'm definitely way to much of a possessive person to be able to share my person. :grin:

8. Nikky DoUrden

There was a TV show that talked about that and about happiness.

The verdict is that it works for some people and doesn't for others, u should do what u feel is right and that will make u happy in the long run :slight_smile:

9. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think it would work for me, but I can't rule it as a bisexual. I am just worried about being a labelled a slut. Being I haven't been in a steady true relationship, I'd rather just start with loving one person at a time. :slight_smile:

10. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

i'd cuck myself, i'd cuck up (or the female-female-female equivalent of cucking)

11. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would freaking jump on that. Sounds fun, as long as you have ultimate trust and communication with your partner(s).

12. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So going way into fantasyland where I'm actually in a relationship....

My ideal would be that we bring in anyone we want, but always have fun with them together. Keeps the monogamous relationship aspect while allowing for, well... not doing the same thing all the time.

That said I could probably be talked into polyamory, but I'm not sure how it would actually work for me, emotionally. And my uncertainty over it makes me suspect that it wouldn't work.

13. Cass

I couldn't do that. It's not for me at all.

14. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I should point out; my partner would have the final say on this obviously. If they are truly worth it, I can get over not having a threesome should they be against it.

15. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :lol: Interesting opinions!

So, how does it work for you? :slight_smile:

16. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I'm currently in a monogamous relationship, but both of us are quite open to the idea of having an open relationship or a polyamorous one. For me, polyamory doesn't mean I'm not satisfied with my partner (I'm very happy with our relationship, actually), it just means I have the capability to have fulfilling relationships and be in love with others, as well.

I suppose there's this fundamental[ist] certainty people have that we each have an allotment of love, and if we're "sharing it around", we're therefore automatically giving each person less, and it's somehow also automatically of "lower value" than any love you happen to feel for only one person. In summary, I wouldn't experience a hierarchy of affection towards my partner(s).

Anyway, yeah, I would consider myself polyamorous with intentions of having said relationship at some point. The only difficult part is finding someone who's alright with it, but we haven't exactly "looked" yet, and wouldn't really know how to bring it up to a prospective partner.

17. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally don't think I could do it, especially not in my current relationship. We're both naturally jealous people and comfortable in a monogamous relationship. I wouldn't be willing to do anything that might harm that.

If people are happy in a healthy polygamous relationship, then I'm happy for them.

18. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally don't think I could do it, especially not in my current relationship. We're both naturally jealous people and comfortable in a monogamous relationship. I wouldn't be willing to do anything that might harm that.

If people are happy in a healthy polyamorous relationship, then I'm happy for them.

#18 Aspen, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  19. Foxface

sorry it took me some time to get back to you

work work work an all

ok so it's nothing special really but the rules are thus

1. It must be explained to outside partners that my partner and I are always number 1 for each other
    2. anything sexual has to be shared or not at all
    3. We don't have to 'clear' it with each other if we meet someone, but we have to tell each other ASAP

really that's about it

and to be honest neither of us has had a partner outside the other for a year or more...but the opportunity still stands

20. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's not for me but whoever does it I give my hats of to you for being able to pay attention to more than one person . I would be tried of dealing with two women at the same thing plus I would like one better than the other so it's not fair to the other chick