1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help! in love with my "straight" friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by HoustonAtlanta, Oct 24, 2015.

1. ArcheryDude44

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hiya mate,
    I'm sorry but I don't have anything to say that hasn't already been said. I have gone through and am still going through a similar situation to yours, and I would probably opt for keeping the relationship as it is (for now) until you're 100% sure that there's a possibility of him liking you romantically. If you're already sure, then great; but if you're not then maybe wait a little bit.
    Just remember that you hurting isn't good (that probably sounds really obvious). It's not okay for you to be hurting because of this situation.
    Maybe I'm wrong but you seem to be quite happy with this touchy-feely relationship. There's always going to be reasons to do nothing, and there's always going to be reasons to do something, but at the end of the day, it's your choice mate.
    I hope this helps and I'd love it if you messaged me and tell me what happens.

2. Afterfshn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Any updates?

3. Superconffused

Your story has opened up my eyes a lol my situation. See I love reading these threads because It makes me feel like I'm not alone when it comes to crushing on a "straight" guy. And I see similarities with my situation. I think... No Ik he loves you more than even he knows. The things he does for you is insanely boarder line relationship. He literally told you that he is searching for a relationship and used an excuse to mask it. I think he thinks he has been straight all his life and can't see himself kissing a guy because it's such a foreign thought.

My thoughts are getting jumbled cause I have a lot to say lol but I garentee once he comes to the realization that he may like you more than a brother than you true relationship will start. And tbh I don't think a kiss will hurt you.

My brother, I call him my brother cause we are that close, is the same way. I remember when we first started talking I thought he was definitely gay or bi. Like he would constantly stare at me, he hates when I leave his side, touchy feely, he almost knows I love him more than a brother cause I tell him everyday, and he has told me on seperate occasions he would date me.... If either of us was THE OTHER GENDER. That is the key to me!! I think you can say if you were a female you two guys would be dating right now! That's why I think without a doubt he is in love with he just hasn't come to the realization.

4. HoustonAtlanta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well two nights ago he said. "This is my last day here so You're gonna wake your ass up, we're gonna go get something to eat, go to the liquor store, drink and whatever happens after that just happens."

He says stuff so slick it's hard to catch on. So that night we had got the drinkin, and it just turned into a crying fest, instead of a making out fest lol. He looked at me and said he's not happy in life and began to cry, so that's when I hugged him and said don't cry. So we got up and walked outside (it was 3:30 am)... And I began to cry with him, and we were walking with our arms around each other and that's when he said "I love you, we gone' be alright" and I said I love you too.... And that was it...then in the morning he left.

I'm just glad I could be there in this moment because when a man cries in front of you, that means he's 100% comfortable around you, and trusts you.

---------- Post added 1st Nov 2015 at 01:15 PM ----------

Yup, he always say he loves me...even the other day he was like "you act like when I leave we ain't gonna text everyday like we been doing so don't start that cry baby shit" lol

5. Afterfshn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Your writing is so good, you should write a book on your love life, not kidding!

Oh wow thats a major update. he probably reached his breaking point.He must have felt THE connection between you guys. But like what did you guys discussed outside? How are you feeling? There must be so many things going through your head right now.

#25 Afterfshn, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  6. Superconffused

That sounds hella deep tbh! You guys shared a great moment! Love that man.

7. HoustonAtlanta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

I know it's regarding his career. He said he's not where he wants to be status wise and financially. Same boat as me...I'm not where I want to be career wise either. And yup after we cried around each other, in my head I'm like maybe this man really does love me, shoot probably more than I love him...

I never seen a jock cry in front of me...so I'm like dang he's really giving me the raw him right now, and I obviously gave him the raw me over the past months...

We really have done everything like a couple would do at their beginning stages....

I don't know what else to do...he knows I'm in love wit him and still continues the friendship. It's really weird man. It's not normal and I don't care what he says

---------- Post added 1st Nov 2015 at 01:46 PM ----------

Yeah I love the heck out of that boy, I'd walk across the ocean for that guy, and I have a stttrrrrrrrooonnngggggg feeling the feeling is mutual he just is hiding it based off of religious views.

8. Afterfshn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He is slowly letting his guard down, take it day by day. I wont get in to any details but is he like a major player or more on THE verge of breakthrough?

I'm so intrigued by your story, you guys are like insepreable, like velcro. I completely agree you guys act like a couple. I even think if one of you hooks up with another person the other will be pretty hurt. A lot of times I see on here stories which will have no happy ending but you have a pretty big chance of a happy ending. I feel like you guys would catch a grenade for each other based on your stories. Like i always say actions speak louder than words. Like he always does THE cutest things for you. Like wake you up and take you out for dinner. Does he also brings gifts when he comes to town?

You got his trust!

P.s sorry for my bad english, i'm from THE netherlands.

#28 Afterfshn, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  9. HoustonAtlanta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    He's more on the verge of a breakthrough. And as for me, I'm on the verge of a breakthrough with my career as well. I actually am ahead of him because with my career I've actually have made money and have gained social media attention....so I have more to lose than he does.

He hasn't bought me any gifts yet

10. Superconffused

Sounds great manso happy for yall two.

11. HoustonAtlanta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

He hasn't texted me all day today. I hope the whole crying together thing didn't run him away. . I've been wanting to text him today but we just left each other last night so I don't want to come off as clingy. I hope he texts me tomorrow

12. Superconffused

I think he will. He won't be able to stay away!

13. HoustonAtlanta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    What do you mean?

14. Superconffused

I think he is just grasping all of what transpired the day before but he isnt purpposely avoiding you because he doent like. I think he loves you too much to stay away from you too long. I left out of state for four days and didnt tell my crush and he texted me before I got back that he missed me and wanted to hear my voice. LOve is a crazy thing man.

15. HoustonAtlanta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well he hasn't opened up to me fully. He says I love you all the time. I wanna text him solo bad but I wanna give him space

16. Afterfshn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh shut up hahah I thought he was this big ass NFL player with lots of money haha. It's now even more cute he pays for dinner everytime!

He is probably shocked that you were able to open him up about his life. Maybe he has to digest what happend that night, so Maybe thats why he didnt text? Or he is also waiting for you to text!

17. HoustonAtlanta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Lol we facetimed Saturday night but I haven't heard from him all of Sunday

18. Afterfshn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Aah give him some him some time, he probably doesnt know what to do with you!

Oh so one more question is he also very protective of you?

#38 Afterfshn, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  19. HoustonAtlanta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

Yup. He always says protective things like "i will beat somebody's a** if they mess with you" or he says "I don't play about your a*s, I love the hell outta you". And one time I had a business meeting and someone wanted to have a one on one meeting with me alone....that's when he came and stood by the door and was listening to every word making sure I didn't sign any bad contract. When the meaning was over, he was like "yeah he wanted to meet with you by yourself, but I was standing by that door just in case something were to happen to you"...

So yeah, he's said a lot of protective things.

20. Afterfshn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Omg he is definitely into you. Like he has your back so much! He is even willing to put his hands on someone. This is just another confirmation that he goes an extra mile for you!

Like put it in perspective, have you ever had a friend that acts like him? No because this man is in love with you! I Will bet 100 euros on that. He does everything a boyfriend does, this aint no bromance.

#40 Afterfshn, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015