1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Past Lives

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Young Blood, May 5, 2014.

1. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah maybe...it's a possible and quite interesting theory. :slight_smile:

P.S. Thanks :lol: I didn't think anyone was going to catch it. It was pretty terrible :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. hollybee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

When you talk about how a person's experience contribute to their character: yes they do, but I was talking about biological traits not traits acquired from their environment. I'm not sure if I support your theory that there are enough combinations to 'accommodate everyone who's ever lived', we're talking trillions and trillions of people and I still think surely thats impossible?
    I like to believe that we get reused and get given another chance at life, it's a bit depressing to think we just disappear into nothingness.

---------- Post added 11th May 2014 at 08:04 PM ----------

Aha punning is such 'pun' ahhaa
    'Pun' times

ahaha... so 'punny'

Sorry I'm stopping...
    It's just 'pun'-beleivable the amount of pun possibilities there are...

I'm done

#62 hollybee, May 11, 2014
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
  3. Manta

What an interesting idea! I'd always hear that birthmarks were 'Angle Kisses' e.g. where an angle kissed you as a baby.

If it was how I died in a past life, I would really like to know how my right ring finger led to my ultimate demise....

I don't particularly believe in reincarnation, but there are a few interesting things I've heard about it. Young children (2~4) telling parents/daycare workers how they died with greater detail than they should have understood for making up or simply repeating from somewhere else.

Another theory I heard was of old and new souls. Newer souls tend to be the individuals who struggle with finding happiness, the law, or give in to vises due to the lack of subconscious experiences to guide them through life, while older souls are reflected in individuals who rise above challenges, etc.... so in other words the more times a person is reincarnated the closer they get to happiness and enlightenment I suppose.

4. Hexagon

Ah. Sorry, I misunderstood. However, you must realise that biological traits are inherited. That would mean people must reincarnate into the same family. Even then, it seems implausible. Look at the differences that occur between two siblings (who aren't identical twins). Biological components of personality are likely to be caused by a very large number of factors.

If my (oversimplified) calculations are correct, 40 genes would be needed to produce a trillion different combinations. That really isn't so many genes, and its worth noting that genes produce proteins, not personalities. While I don't deny that they can affect the personality, it is much, much more complicated that carrying X gene makes you an ISTP.

Regardless of whether there are enough combinations, it isn't a question of whether two people can have the same biological components of their personality. Its whether they are cosmically related or not. Why shouldn't any similarities be purely coincidental?

And depressing=/=false

5. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Do I believe in all this spiritual stuff? Eh. Do I believe in souls? Sure, I guess; it's not like there's proof on either side for me to lean strongly towards any argument about souls.
    Well, I guess this means that being transgender is caused by the soul moving into the wrongly sexed body. You fucked up, soul.

6. Techno Kid

x2 :slight_smile:

#66 Techno Kid, May 11, 2014
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
  7. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Huu, I can't say I believe in past lives, but I do like to try to imagine them. I think in one, I was a kid growing up in a poor part of a New York, in the 1930s, who got in trouble a lot, skipped school, got in fights, and ran away to San Francisco, where I led a life of petty crime.

Or at least that sounds romantic, in ways.

8. AnimeObserver

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I believe in reincarnation. One thing that I've heard is that souls that are older are more used to the world, so the new vessel they are in will be more confident and outgoing. Also, if the soul is newer, the vessel will be more timid and introverted. I personally believe this.
    I guess I got stabbed in the leg or something, and that's how I died! :slight_smile:

9. person57

Nope, I don't have any past lives. It would be interesting if I did.

10. DeliriousMess

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'd like to believe in past lives and reincarnation. I just don't find it feasible ya' know. But, it's really cool to think that when we die we just live again. Have a chance to do better in the next life than in the former.

11. thesharkamander

Well, if birthmarks mark how you died in a previous life, I think I got bitten by something because I have two birthmarks in my leg that are pretty close to each other.

12. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is exactly how I feel!!