1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paranormal stories, anyone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Silver Snow, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Silver Snow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, I’ve always loved a good ghost story, but you never know which ones are true. Considering this is anonymous, and we have no one to impress and nothing to gain, I figured if anyone decided to share a story on here, it would probably be a real one. I know it’s a bit random, but I figured it’d be interesting to hear everyone’s thoughts on here.

Kinda creeped out at the moment too, because I’m at work and I’m alone in a office while my boss is giving someone an adjustment in the next room and I heard a weird sound that I’ve never heard in he five months I’ve worked here and suddenly the laptop switched tabs on me. I swear I wasn’t touching it. I’m kinda afraid to switch it back. I mean, it’s now open to all our available appointments. Maybe it’s looking for an opening and I’ll piss it off if I change it back. I don’t know. Lol! Sooo, yeah. Any good stories guys?

Omg! I think it just scrolled down as I was typing that. Maybe I’m wrong though. Maybe it was already scrolled down and I’m just paranoid. But I know the tabs switched. I can’t take this. I’m leaving early.

#1 Silver Snow, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  2. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, I have a really good one that has been passed down in my family. And if you knew my grandparents, who told me the story and experienced it first hand, you would know they are very skeptical, rational people so that to me lends it credence.
    Basically, my grandparents were staying with my great grandmother, AKA my grandfather's mother, along with my mother and my aunt, which at the time were the oldest of their eventual five children. They were spending the night and my grandmother had just put my mother, who was very young, I think about six years old, and my aunt ,who was like a baby, to bed, when suddenly in the middle of the night she woke up because she heard a noise and went to check on them in the other room. And there, hovering over the crib that my aunt was sleeping in, was a strange "cloud" as my grandmother described it with the face of a little girl! It was completely dark so it was not light coming from any other source and the "cloud" was a very strange greenish color. I think at this point my aunt had woken up and the "cloud" disappeared out the window I think. My grandmother freaked out and went and told my grandfather she wanted to leave right then and there, but it was the middle of the night so my grandfather convinced her to calm down and stay the rest of the night, but promised to leave early the next morning. The next morning, after she and my grandfather had packed up the car and were getting ready to leave my grandmother, still shaken from the night before, told my great grandmother about the ghost. My great grandmother only replied she saw that ghost all the time and not to worry! (It is important to keep in mind my great grandmother was a very unusual person and was known to have said some bizarre things in her life so her reaction all things considered would have been "normal" for her.) My grandmother though was not reassured at all, and she and my grandfather, my mother, and my aunt left that day. It was not until later that they heard a local legend, that had apparently been around for a long time, that the building my great grandmother lived in had originally been built on the site of an old sewage or drainage system I think, and that long ago a little girl had fallen in and drowned. I don't know if they ever found the body, but it was highly believed that her ghost still haunted the buildings that had been built on the place she had died.

#2 Love4Ever, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  3. Loves books

I only ever had stories that terrified me but turned out to be nothing. If you walk on a certain section of the usually deserted country road I live on, the wind through the trees gives me the creeps because it sounds like hundreds of ghosts surrounding you. The feral cats outside my house sound like a little girl crying all night. It's beyond creepy. Sometimes I hear odd sounds I pray was the cats. When my brother first started staying out late he would get home in the early hours then knock on my window to get me to open the door. The first time it happened, it was 3 am I was in bed really sleepy and heard a knock. I thought I imagined it then heard it again. I started walking toward the window thinking that this is the part of the movie the person dies. The my phone rang it was my brother telling me to open the door. I hate creepy stuff and Ireland is full of it. To this day I won't go near a fairy ring, I mean logically I know the chance of being taken by the fairies is slim but what if they are real. I used to watch Fact or Faked: Paranormal Fiction because they almost always prove the ghost stories false.

#3 Loves books, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  4. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This all sounds so exciting! I have always wanted to move to Ireland and it's so cool to know the reputation of magic or the supernatural still survives there. In America sadly, that's kind of a lost thing.

5. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, one time I went to an old jail (now a museum) where a lot of the prisoners were executed and just tortured in general, sometimes they were even innocent and wrongfully charged. And I was standing in one of the old cells by myself. It was dark, the air was really still. It was freezing cold, even though the rest of the jail was normal and there was a bad smell like something rotting, only in that cell, which is supposed to indicate a spirit is present :shrug: I brought my mom into the cell to see if she could sense it too and she did, she started freaking out and I suggested we take a flash photo to see if anything shows up but she told me we were leaving :laughing:

The jail is supposed to be haunted too. I was pretty excited though because I was hoping to find a ghost while I was there lol.

Debatably paranormal but I see “shadow people” all the time. Sometimes fully manifested or a head and shoulders or just a basic shape of a person. I try not to give it too much attention, although it’s terrifying because no one’s been able to prove what shadow people are. They might be good spirits lol. Although some say they’re like parasites and feed of the energy of living people :confounded: Some say they’re interdimensional beings or the astral projections of sleeping people, pretty cool although I don’t really believe that stuff.

I’ve also felt something touching me when I’m in my room alone, it just happens sometimes. Like poking me in the back or on the shoulder but if I turn around, obviously there’s no one there. Again, I try to ignore that. It can be a manifestation of anxiety and depression. I also swear that when I was younger, I felt someone tug on my blanket too. Because I remember smiling and looking down to the end of my bed, thinking it was my cat and he wasn’t there :thinking:

That’s it, though. Not too exciting :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#5 Spot, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  6. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My great grandma (who’s no longer alive) still lives in her house.

After she passed we bought her house and now use it as a rental property. We’ve had several people ask us about ghosts.
    • The cleaning lady who knew her was cleaning the house one day and every time she cleaned the mirror a handprint kept showing back up. It only stopped after she said out loud “I’m just trying to clean!”
    • One tenant chose the big bedroom to sleep in and one night he felt someone crawl into the bed with him and said he could see her. When he asked my mom about it she showed him a picture and confirmed.
    • A couple other tenants said that they thought they briefly saw someone in the hallway and gave a description and after my mom showed pictures they confirmed.
    • She’s always very nice though!
    Occasionally we’ll just refer to her in present tense because we’re pretty sure she’s still around.

7. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish I had some cool ghost stories...well, on second thought, maybe not... :sweat_smile:

But when my uncle passed away, my dad said he saw my uncle (his brother) in his dream. Apparently it’s a common way for spirits to tell loved ones they’re okay.

8. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This happened to my mother when her grandmother passed.

9. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My paternal grandfather lived with my family for years when my (older) sisters were young. One of my sisters was particularly close with him. When his health deteriorated he went to live with our aunt who could better take care of him. And then he died. My parents got the news in the morning and they were sitting around the breakfast table trying to figure out how to tell my sister. When she came down for breakfast they broke the news and she didn't seem that upset. Finally she just said "he's gone to be with grandma." My parents figured, how cute, she must have learned that in Sunday school. No, she explained, he came to her last night to say goodbye, he's gone to be with grandma.

Similarly, my Father was with my sister in his final days. One day he called her in and asked her to comb his hair. He'd never asked her to do that but she went and got a comb and made sure he looked good. About fifteen minutes later he called her in again to check his hair. Finally, she asked him what the deal was. He responded: "your Mother's coming". My sister thought maybe he was sort of starting to lose it since my Mother had died two years previous. But she sat with him and held his hand and waited. Finally he smiled, gestured to the foot of the bed and said "she's here". My sister insists that in the moment she could feel her there. He smiled... and died.

10. Bernice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've done a few ghost hunts at various locations over the years (about 40 -50) but very rarely did I get much myself. A strange noise from behind a stage at one place when no one was there but that's about it. However one of my friends, Ross, on a hunt did get 'clawed; across the back and I've been around when others have had things happened.

However a few years ago in the flat I was living in I had some strange going ons when I had friends lodging with me. I mainly put it down to my friend making things up but after I'd moved out and other people had moved in who were friends with my sister in law they asked if I'd ever had strange things happening to me as they has experienced it as well.
    It's also possible there is a presence in part of my flat as my friend Ross has picked up on it. As I'm currently in an open circle practising forms of mediumship maybe I'll pick something up myself.

11. kara123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love ghost stories! I haven’t got much experience in that department unfortunately but my house is pretty creepy. Things hanging up swing by themselves, footsteps, strange noises. To be honest, there are probably better explanations for these things but I always like to think it’s ghosts. My friend did have a peg thrown at her when nobody was home and felt a presence soon after her grandma died which is interesting.

12. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have one that's not a creepy ghost story, but rather a loving story. My grandfather passed away nearly 20 years ago. He always enjoyed maintaining a garden of roses in front of the house. After he passed away, my grandmother kept the roses going, and later my aunt took over when my grandmother couldn't. A few years ago, in the middle of winter with snow on the ground, one random, and quite beautiful, rose grew outside my grandmother's bedroom window. My family all believed that my grandfather was sending a message to my grandmother that he was watching over her.

13. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like to tell the story where I exorcised a ghost at age six. :laughing:

Basically I was sitting in my room by myself, playing with some toys, when my bedroom door slowly opened. At first I thought it was the cat, but she wasn't anywhere nearby. I closed the door, but it kept opening over and over again. It got to the point where I'd start shutting it more violently. It happened one more time, and I got up, yelled "KNOCK IT OFF WILL YA'???" and shut the door.

The door didn't open on its own after that.

#13 EleanorHunter, Jun 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  14. Trixi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My family used to live in a haunted house. A couple of scenarios I remember...

1. I used to always sleep with my door open so the dogs could come in and out of my room at night. I woke up late one night to the older dog growling at the ceiling. When I looked there was a shadow there that looked like someone was walking upside down in the hall outside my room.

2. It didn’t like my brother. I saw it push him down the stairs once, you could see his back arch where he was shoved, and there was a large bruise there afterwards. And he didn’t hit his back on the way down. It also used to unplug his game consoles right in the middle of boss fights.

3. I went downstairs to get a drink from the kitchen once, and the kitchen started shaking. The basement door opened by itself. When I said I wasn’t going down there, the shaking stoped and the door slammed closed.

Needless to say we don’t live there anymore....

15. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    :hearts:
    This is beautiful.

16. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow! All of this is super creepy and weird. I totally get why you moved.

17. Mercades

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My dead gran threw me out of the closet one time

18. Trixi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh yeah, we were not staying there any longer than necessary

19. Danabutton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I’ve had several...very eerie and sometimes they seem to kind of be clairvoyant...
    I Was actually dead for four and sometimes I think that allowed me to have this weird ability to predict certain things before they happen or I often get this strange cold Cahill out of nowhere and feel I am not alone

20. ungaynly

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    my mirror was fogged once and there was several hand prints on it
    and i walked into the kitchen of my new home once and a cup that had been set on the counter was spinning