1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions of October

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andstillimhere7, Oct 2, 2014.

?

do you like October/Halloween

Poll closed Oct 31, 2014.
  1. yes

64 vote(s)
    71.1%
  2. sometimes

8 vote(s)
    8.9%
  3. no

8 vote(s)
    8.9%
  4. indifferent

10 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. claiire

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I love October! Halloween is great, and with it comes a week off school which is always welcome. After the depressing back to school month September, in October you can feel people's spirits start to lift in anticipation of the mid term. And the weather feels more fitting, being stuck in school during September sun is depressing.

2. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's not much of a big Hallowe'en culture here; we teenagers dress up and get smashed, but it's not really as big as in America. It's also the first month when I can go to the coast in NSW and swim without freezing.

3. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I like Halloween, but I'm no good at costumes, so... I like some parts.

4. ChameleonSoul

I pretty much love the entire span from October to February. I prefer cold weather and shorter days, not to mention the span of holidays during this five-month period.

5. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love October and Halloween and watching all of the leaves change colours :3

6. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like it :slight_smile: My birthday and thanksgiving are in October, and this year I have reading week. Also the cooler weather.

I have good memories of Halloween, my birthday, and tons of at camp, which is an October thing :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Ridiculous

October is just when we start getting into spring proper, so the trees start going green and flowers come up and the temperature rises and it is all great.

8. Weekender

I love October and the Halloween season in general. Anything festive is fun to me, and the fact that my university has a ton of activities going on leading up to the holiday just makes it that much better. Of course, I mostly just like staying out late and messing around with friends, which I expect to be doing a lot of in the coming weeks.

9. Toast8971

Hmm. after thinking about it I realize that I do like October quite a bit because it leads into the rest of the year, which for the most part, is pretty awesome. I mean from here on out people tend to be in better moods. Until of course, January arrives. But right now this is my favorite time of the year.

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I like October.

Halloween begins my favorite period of the year, which ends of New Year's Day. So, of course I am going to like October.

Halloween is fun. As a kid, for the candy and costumes. As an "adult" (I use that term loosely, LOL), for the Horror movies, candy, and occasional party. I like the leaves changing colors, and the cooler weather. I enjoy the decorations associated with Halloween, and black and orange is an awesome color scheme.

I like that, all this month, Horror movies will be heavily in stock. They will run discounts and specials on Horror films. I, personally, like Horror films, so, this is just another reason to like October. Bonus points, because I get to overhear people on their favorite films, which is always fun to know, and to compare your own to. This is one reason, I miss working in retail, because I remembered all the Horror films we had, and customers were always impressed.

11. Candace

I like the foliage, the cooler temperatures, and good apple pie and cider to go along with it :grin:.

12. TurtleCat

I'd say I enjoy October, personally. I love the fact that it's when the weather starts to cool down, and I also love Halloween and all the horror movies on TV.

13. Blossom85

I am kind of Indifferent to October.. It is just there really.. Neither love, nor hate it.. Though the weather here in Oz starts getting warmer as we are in spring, that would only slightly put me in the positive side for October, but other then that.. I am not positive, nor negative about it.

14. Wolfiee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not big on Halloween. I would go trick or treating if someone asked me to go but my parents anniversary is on Halloween and they don't celebrate it so I've never really gotten the chance. I've only done it once but it was more of an event than proper trick or treating.

But October is pretty good a part from that. It means school is almost over :slight_smile:

15. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I *love* October...always have...best month ever.

It's cool...cold, even...the leaves are beautiful, and then fall. The air is thin. Let's see...I wrote something about it several years ago. I think this sums up my feelings about the month, and about Halloween better than anything else:

Ever look outside around dusk in late October? I mean really look.

It doesn't matter if you live in the city or the country, in the North or in the South. It doesn't matter if you have neighbors on all sides of you, or if you have the sole dwelling in an isolated bit of countryside. It's always the same.

You see pumpkins, you see haystacks, you see symbols of harvest. It is cold, and the air turns your breath to mist, even if you are just sitting inside looking out the window. The moon comes out early, and hangs there in the sky, casting a pale light whether full, or sickle-shaped (oddly, it's close to new or close to full -- never in between). You never see animals -- they have more sense that to be out at this time. Still, the dusk seems to be full of movement. There's always a bit of fog swirling around in the air, almost as if someone just passed by, although you can never see any people. If you look long enough and hard enough, the chill air grips you, and you can feel the veil lifting between the worlds, opening for the spirits -- you can hear their voices if you listen really closely. You can feel them not far away, closing in.

No? You say you see squirrels sometimes? Nothing but the city lights? Traffic? You say you just see your neighbor's stupid tacky ghost-ornament? The family down the street coming back from a shopping trip?

I'm sorry to disagree, but you weren't really looking.

16. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love October it's so awesome! I also like November bc my bday and December bc Christmas also this is when my grandma and grandpa come down to AZ for 6 months from Chicago.

17. Bane

Winnipeg, Canada (aka temporary paradise)
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Not a fan, gets much colder til winter arrives. Winter is hell, Elsa! Although, I do like me some Charlie Brown specials *cough* practically repeated every year *cough* Halloween is okay but I'm looking forward to spending most of my Halloweens with someone special in the future.

18. SpaceSuit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think October is gorgeous in a stormy/leafless tree kind of way. I like how it looks and I like that it isn't usually snowing yet, but I don't like that it means the end of the year is so close. It's a mixed bag, for me.

19. Kriskluwe

Kriskluwe Guest

Baseball playoffs; weather here is kinda wet but colors are sweet. Back home the weather is awesomeness rt now .

20. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It... hasn't been as fun since I became an adult... I miss trick or treating QQ Free candy and you get to dress up as a witch or fairy princess or somethin, whats not to love!?