1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

National Coming Out Day

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Emberblaze, Oct 7, 2012.

1. wc1

wc1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well done for those who are using this day to come out - whether that be fully or just to a good friend. Some might say that you shouldnt neet a 'national day' because people shouldnt feel pressurised....but I suppose thats ignorant to real life.

2. Fiddledeedee

Welp, I just posted a Facebook update coming out to all my friends but not my family. I can think of exactly three who aren't Christian, and only a few of the Christian ones knew already. One of them tried to talk me into acting straight, and a number of the ones I'm not out to have spoken against same-sex relationships in the past. Here's to hoping this goes well; since most people are currently at school or work, I don't have to worry about instant responses. What I wrote:

3. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

well I came out to my dad's girl a few days ago over facebook so I'm all set with that haha

4. I was gonna do something but taking into account how badly the past 2 days have been, i know something's gonna go wrong. Oh well, theres always next year....

5. O_Negative

I've slowly been coming out to friends lately...I don't have much of a chance to come out to anyone today...I suppose I'll just be open about things today.

6. SkyDiver

So I just changed my profile picture.

Gahh, I know I've made it blatantly obvious and I have pretty much told everyone... but what am I so afraid of? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. TheUndiscovered

I was going to come out to my mom on NCOD last year but it always seems to come up too fast so I ended up waiting til Spring. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I don't suggest coming out because of it being a gay holiday but rather coming out because you're ready to.

8. jimL

I'm wearing my "It Get's Better" T-shirt at work. A few people have looked at it but no one has said a thing. Darn.....come on guys, make my day. Haha

9. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Came out to my best friend A...over the phone, but I still did it! apparently I'm her 20th -21sh gay/bi friend. :thewave: It's not that she picks to hang out with gay people, she just has a lot of friends... many of whom are gay. I'm happy that I have at least one friend I can talk to.

P.S. I made her guess, I was too anxious to say it first, she is a horrible guesser. Also, apparently I don't give off any "gay vibe", which is good, it lets me control my the pace at which I come out. :grin:

#49 Byron, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  10. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out on tumblr and changed my facebook interested in so that people at my uni could see it set to 'men'.

11. TearDropFairy91

I'm sadly not gonna use this day, I tried last year... I chickened out. but maybe in the future but for now I'm proud of who I am :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: no matter if I'm in the closet or not :slight_smile:

12. n8i2c7k

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've kinda been planning on coming out to my parents on NCOD for like months. I was also thinking about coming out on Facebook but my sis said it might draw too much unwanted attention. So then I thought I might post this:

This is to those who do it with ease,
    and those who do it with a shake in their knees;
    to those who do it in the open daylight,
    and those who wait till the darkness of night;
    to those who do it laughing, crying, or shouting,
    fearfully, angrily, timidly, proudly;
    who do it by letter, by text, or by phone,
    or e-mail meant to be read while alone;
    to those who do it for the very first time,
    and those who always have it fresh on their minds;
    to those who do it with the help of a friend,
    or those who have it intentionally (or not) done for them;
    this is to those who do it with grace,
    and even for those who may fall on their face.
    To do it can be tough but, you'll see, it'll turn out ok,
    so just come out of the closet.
    Happy National Coming Out Day!

A bit cheesy but idk. Being cheesy was the least of my worries today...

13. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

So I came out to my close cousin 20 minutes ago. :eek:

He was like WOW, then no not you.

But I assured him it is very true. He said honestly he rather me be gay then transgender. He said no offence, but you becoming Rachael Elizabeth Evans was a little out there.

He says I sound much happier on the phone, and that he is happy that I have been able to get off so many meds that didn't seem to be helping me.

I told him I haven't been this happy in a long long time, and I feel very calm inside.

I wish I didn't have to hurt so many people to come out as me.:icon_sad:

So I am happy another of my close family can see and accept me for who I am.:icon_bigg

14. Cloudbreaker

That's a cool poem.

15. needshelp

:lol: just came out to my brother. he was shocked. he thought i was playing a practical joke on him. :icon_redf he actually took it better than both my parents have and said that he supports me. I LOVE YOU, BRO. the funny thing is as i suspected, he never saw it at all which surprises me because i thought i was gay as hell as a kid.

#55 needshelp, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  16. TraceElement

I posted a status on FB a few minutes ago.... Happy national ocming out day! in the spirit of the day and to support of my fellow LGBT community, I am GAY!

17. Emberblaze

Eh, I did come out to another one of my friends (actually a few days BEFORE today, but whatever ^^) and I gotta say, it's been the actual best coming out i've had! It's hard to say who i'm actually out to, for i've told a few people, but some of those people I retracted the claim because of the way they took it and just lied and said it was probably a phase (I failed there....)

But the friend I recently told, lols the first thing she asked was "why didn't you tell me sooner! I always wanted a gay friend to talk about boys with!"

Lols so that wen't well, better than all my other out comings.

Wellp, congrats to all who came out! And to those who didn't, still congrats just for the hell of it!

18. featherpaint

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i just came out on facebook ...we'll see what happens

19. dairyuu

I made a tumblr post, but I only have one follower (I primarily use it to talk with said follower) and basically everyone knows anyway. Still considering coming out belatedly to a few of my friends at school.

20. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I ended up coming out to the entire pride group and pangender today. I wasn't planning on it, it just kinda happened.