1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NaNoWriMo 2009

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Emberstone, Aug 31, 2009.

1. haelmarie

2,021 words and I am done for the day.

I'm fairly certain I will wake up tomorrow and detest the whole thing, but that does not matter. I will finish my novel, even if it drives me insane.

2. Emberstone

I only got 817. I dont think I am going to try for more. once I finish the opening chapters, I hope to really hit my stride.

3. Hoppip

I got 4,066 today. I've never felt so insane in my life. o_o

It's all terrible, of course. XD

4. 1,766 words today. I absolutely refuse to delete anything tomorrow, although I know I'm going to be tempted.

Also... Oh Lord, I might be writing a romance novel! :O I really hope not. Maybe the Neo-Nazi takeover will tone that down a bit.

5. Emberstone

lol, the Ann Coulter Army never tones down anything.

I just have two hours of classes, and I want to write a essay I need for a class on thursday. then Iwill be nanoing like crazy.

I jokingly bet a nano friend to do 150k again this year *he has done it*, and he counterbet me 75k. Going to try for it.

6. fallendream

i started today, two days before i intended to begin =(

gunna save it to a pen drive and spend lunch times doing it at the library, hopefully i can make the 1.6k a day task. or even better 10k over the weekend so i can slack a bit =D

im pushing for the school to assemble a team to work together.

currently i have 4 english teachers backing it so it should happen =D

7. -Michael-

Arrrgh

I've been drunk all weekend :frowning2:

Have to start tomorrow

but i think i've lost my netbook!!!

8. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    I have 800-something (I've started handwriting the first chapter, and it takes freaking forever to count, so I don't know exactly). Thankfully I've been brainstorming this novel for the past year or so, so I have a pretty good idea of what I'm doing with it. Now to just get it all somehow out of my head and organized into an actual novel...that's the hard part.

9. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So far today I've written 821 words of two characters trying to outdo each other with "your mum" jokes, and it's only going to get worse. I may end up turning this chapter into a "the game" war

10. pirateninja

5673 right now. Over a tenth of the way there! :grin:

11. Eponine

Currently closing in at the 2 day minimum if I'm going on the average of 1,667 words a day with 3,389. I'm planning to get to at least 4,000 by the time I go to bed though.

In chat yesterday, people were suggesting that an entire novel be written as a lead up to one big "That's what she said."

And also, I totally didn't know that you said something hidden until I quoted you. xD

12. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just hit 5000 words, so 10% of the way through.

That will feature too, although maybe not as the last sentence.

13. haelmarie

You guys are too fast :frowning2:

I've got 3,814 words as of tonight and I'm really pleased with myself. I actually, strangely enough, like the stuff I wrote last night, and tonight has been much easier to write as well. My characters seem to be developing their own personalities. I'm pretty pleased as of now.

14. MeskElil

Two days' worth done. Hoping to write some more tonight :wink:. Congrats on everyone's accomplishments! (&&&)

15. Emberstone

I am just past first day quota, but once I get through one more chapter after the opening, I hope it pick up. Time will tell if I can hit 75k in 30 days. already hit 50k in 30 twice, so that is less of a challange now, having done it two time in a row.

16. MusicIsLife

3162. I was sick today, so I woke up around 1:30 and didnt get too much done. fail :/

17. Emberstone

still good. you are just shy of 3333 which is what you should be at on day two if you average 1667 words a day, or 1666, dont remeber which. but dont bediscouraged if you arent there. I always find the first few days hard as you throw yourself into the task. then you can get your stride.

currently 2512, and hope to get to 15k by saturday night.

18. 1666 and two thirds words per day.

I'm at 3366 from yesterday, and I really need to kick it into gear to get today's done before 6:30. I'm very pleased with the way my plot is developing, and I'm getting new ideas for it all the time. And I think nanowrimo.org is crashing, because it's not loading for me.

My prologue/intro:

"One crisp, bright autumn day, by pure serendipity, Alec discovered Felicio. Felicio, or Felix, as he went by, would later claim their names brought them together: Felicio meaning “lucky” and Alec meaning “protector.” At the time, however, they were just two boys, not quite sure of their future, and far too certain of their present. One yearning to break free of a life that threatened to choke him with the cold fingers of monotonous ritual; the other just looking for a steady hold in a world that seemed to beat on him like waves on a rock. And so they met on that Sunday morning-- a meeting that would linger in their minds for a very long time. Who knows what might have happened had that chance occurrence never been played out?
    What is chance, really? A simple collision of two paths that had been hitherto parallel, never touching, neither seeing the other in the breakneck race to that point just beyond the horizon? A chain of events leading to a final climax in the blending of events leading to an outcome that would otherwise be impossible? Perhaps it is a twitch in the hand of the gods, by accident or with purpose, twining the brightly colored threads of our lives.
    Maybe it was the doings of chance that lead to the special mix of genetics, hormones, and environment which gave rise to these two boys, who one day, solely due to their uniqueness, would find each other and, because they had, never utter a word against chance again. Maybe it was chance that caused an innocent little, fun-loving boy to grow into a terrible man, who did even more terrible things, and who would one day tear these boys apart. But most of all, maybe it was chance that after the dust had settled and everyone gone home, they found each other again; this time, never to be parted again."

>.> Don't judge me. I swear it's going to be less sappy than it seems.

19. Emberstone

I am hoping to hit 5k tonight, which puts me at todays quota, even though that is for 50k, not 75k. if I an average 2k a day, I will be great.

20. Hoppip

I've got 8,051 words, and it's only the third day! ^_^

Today I wrote two (journal) pages on the bus, two in my 20-minute advisement class, three in Statistics when I finished my other work, and three during my off-block. Then I wrote a bit during Writing Lab when I wasn't tutoring. When I got home, it took an hour to transcribe on the computer, but it was nearly exactly my 2,000 word quota! I was psyched!

I also cleared up both my Psych notes for the week and all my French lit reading, too. So yay!

One thing I noted this time around is that I'm actually loving using a notebook, instead of a word processor. It's easier to tackle 200-word per page increments than a computer's 500-per page, and it's a lot easier to stay on task. I also like switching my inks every time I write to switch it up.

My plot is going well! I feel like I'm really portraying the beginning thoughts and ideas that are important to my theme. ^_^