1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Miley comes out as genderqueer

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by HikaruStop, Aug 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kinky

Kinky Guest

I think the OP got that point, no need to lecture him further, geez...

Whatever Miley is, I frankly don't care. It could be publicity stunt, it might be genuine. It could help provide people with unconventional gender identities someone (And that is a really good thing!) to look up to, or it could even raise negative feelings of "Why the hell do we have this as representation?"

Let her do what she please.

2. FANTIE

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    She is not lying, she was always a little different from other girls.

---------- Post added 13th Aug 2015 at 01:13 AM ----------

She is helping homeless LGBT youth. Don't be so judgmental.

3. Kinky

Kinky Guest

Ganging up on a 13 year old isn't really fair. You guys can express your opinions without looking down on him. That is not really supportive, for someone having a bad day, isn't it? I'm glad some people here can talk about gender identities and gender expressions in pleasant manners.

4. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Am I missing something here or didn't Miley come out as genderqueer months ago?

5. DanDan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry, but after all the publicity stunts Miley has pulled off in the last 2 or so years, I'm taking this with a grain of salt. If Miley is legitimately genderqueer, fine, I can't say care either way. I do however think that if Miley was just faking it, it wouldn't be too far fetched.

6. ouji

ouji Guest

I always assumed that she was. I always thought she identified as something other than straight. It's no surprise hearing this news. i called it like a year ago.

7. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I couldn't have said it better myself!!!

8. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Genderqueer is a gender identity, though. It doesn't say much about their sexuality.

9. thepandaboss

Miley identifies as bisexual as well.

Look, here's the deal. I feel like if this were anyone else you guys would be like "oh my god, yay, so awesome. Thanks for being brave and coming out."

But because it's Miley you all are like "man, what an attention whore". To be honest, I don't think she's really that bad. Sure, Miley did a lot of controversial things but Miley's like, barely older than me. You do stupid things until you figure things out. That being said, Miley's done some pretty good things with her/their fame and wealth and has been a pretty avid advocate for our community even before coming out.

I'm sure a lot of you have been accused of "seeking attention" or "faking it for likes". So, maybe be careful when you accuse someone else of that?

10. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Basically. She'll do anything for attention. I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if this was another publicity stunt. And if she is genderqueer, who cares? -- and I mean that in a nice/neutral way. I don't really care what her sexuality or gender is.... Not my business.... Don't follow her life or any celebrity's life enough to give a shit.

11. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow, all the naysaying makes me sad, especially when everyone was so supportive of Jenner's decision to have a sex change.

Unlike Jenner, she doesn't have anything to gain from this, nor is she doing it for attention, again unlike Jenner who did it for attention, what with her tv show.

In Miley's case, this looks to be authentic, but everyone already has these pre-conceived notions about her, so they'll say these things, despite the lack of evidence. Meanwhile there is multitude of proofs showing that Jenner is exactly what you're accusing Miley to be..

Like Miley or not, it's wrong to make baseless accusations about her gender, and this is reminiscent of how people accuse Bisexuals of doing it for attention or the anti-sjws
    "special snowflake" non-sense. As for why she's hated, I have no idea why, but it's telling that nobody's been able to explain/prove this is a publicity stunt.

12. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

my total indifference about anything to do with this person eclipses any uncertainty or curiosity i might have about this

13. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Personally, I don't think it's our place to say if so and so is really who they say they are, be it Caitlyn Jenner or Miley Cyrus. If Miley says they're genderqueer, then that's it.

Anyway, I never see anything about non-binaries on the news. If Miley really wanted to follow the media and all, they would identify as trans (as in binary trans).

14. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol!

15. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    You kinda have a point. There's no good reason to invalidate Miley's gender, no matter how much people here hate her. Whereas Jenner has made this such a spectacle all about themselves, Miley hasn't, and she has nothing to gain from this. I totally disagree with you about Jenner and I've already outlined why here and in another thread.

Hollywood is at best indifferent to non-binary people, I can easily see how admitting she's genderqueer would have a negative effect on her career. I for one am grateful to her for bringing attention to people like me who are truly invisible. Tellingly, she hasn't made this all about her and hasn't tried to profit unlike Jenner who demanded 5 million for an 8 episode series. Could she if she wanted to? There's no doubt about it, though I'm sure it would be overshadowed by Jenner's show.

If you've paid attention to her career like I have, you would recognize that she's being herself, rebelling against the norms imposed on her by disney, by society, by the patriarchy, and that is very noble, it takes real courage. She went from being a pristine Disney actress to challenging insular expectations about how women should behave and now she's admitting her gender, which people think she's making up... Besides, non-binary people are among the most hated groups in this country, so why would she lie about that? Even on this thread here in this forum, a forum meant to be protective to trans people we have lgbt people accusing her of being a liar. That's just an insight into how oppressive the world is to trans people if it's happening here of all places.

#35 AtheistWorld, Aug 15, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  16. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    As soon as I saw her with short hair, my transradar started to beep.

'Genderqueer', yeah, we'll see about that...

17. Lazuri

You can't deny that being trans is strangely trendy these days and Miley seems to do whatever she can to get attention and stay relevant.

I'm not gonna deny her identity, but let's just say I'm skeptic.

18. DanDan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm just gonna say something about something you mentioned about norms:
    Just because something is a norm or a social construct doesnt mean its bad or evil. Im not talking about disney or patriarchy. Im talking in general. Might as well throw motherhood (just look at all the crap Jurassic World got because of a few pissy extremists) or love or education out the window. (I mean, people are already trying to destroy religion, monogamy, virginity, and gender). Not everything formed by society is evil. Just throwing that out there.

19. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Trying to destroy gender? What does that mean?

20. TheJackC

Yeah saying that she's not genderqueer because she shown off her tits is stereotypical. Like someone else said about wearing a flower crown and a dress or something. It's like saying someone's gay because they wear pink. That's just judgemental.

---------- Post added 17th Aug 2015 at 01:09 AM ----------

Having a bad day is not an excuse to be rude like someone else said idk. And why does it matter if he is 13? He's still being rude. I want to know why it's not fair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.