1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Members' Cars

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mnguy, Apr 14, 2007.

1. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awww... you deserve a title, too! (*hug*)

Well... your tuition is more than I made per year at my first job--and my first job was not all that bad-paying a job, so yeah, you're totally lucky.

That's cool that your uncle spends time with you and knows how to have fun... I wouldn't have minded having a rich, fun-loving uncle growing up. *grin*

2. William1

I guess 'foreign' cars and car parts cost more wherever you go, but like I said I don't really know much about cars - just what I read. And like the mags never said American cars were unreliable, just badly made, like in not well finished and very plasticky. But their main problem with US cars was that they don't ride, handle and stop well, and they use much too much fuel.

But like you said US cars are cheap in America, and you can't expect a $20,000 car to be built exactly like a $120,000 car. Also American cars are built for American conditions - wide highways, etc. and European cars are built for European conditions - narrower winding roads, very high speed autobahns, etc.

And in defence of the better European cars, they are not unreliable in Europe (especially the German ones) and they are much more complex than American cars. Like my mum's BMW has 5 different microprocessors running the braking system alone.

So, like life is different in the USA from Europe, so are the cars. And remember the car magazines I read are all about sports cars, so they criticise European and especially Japanese family cars as well. :lol:

3. Micah

My car is a white 1990 Mitsubishi Magna.

Her name is Gloria (also dubbed the "Fag-na" by my friends).

Haha I love it.

I was going to take a photo of myself hugging it, but no one's home to hold the camera for me :tongue:

4. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Beautiful, Qu_... Just plain BEAUTIFUL!!!

I wish I had one of those... however, gas costs twice as much here as in the States.