1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Married, pregnant, but secretly gay

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Jay91, Aug 21, 2021.

1. Jay91

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I posted on another thred a while back, just finding things extremely difficult to put back in the box of denial...

I am married to a man who I've been with for 13 years with one child and another on the way.

i guess I've always known I've liked women but about a month ago I fell for this women big, and things happened. Since then, I can't shake these feelings Thst I'm living a lie and not happy married to MY husband.
    I feel awful as I have the perfect family, and another child on the way. My husband is incredible and would do anything for me always have and always will and he has the biggest heart.

I am so consumed with thoughts reguarding wanting to be with a women but not able to break up this life I have and tear my family apart. I also don't believe I would survive on my own without him.

I could not hurt him, I am hoping when I die that I will come back in another life where I can live a different life, that's what it is feeling like I have to hold on to that hope

2. Really

Hey @Jaywilk

That’s really rough. Do you have anyone in real life you can talk to? To let off some steam so you don’t burst, per se. Not that you can’t come here and vent or rant or whatever you need but sometimes, someone you can have a proper conversation with can be really helpful. Perhaps therapy to help you navigate this?

Does he know how you feel? Do you have reason to believe he won’t be supportive? I read something recently about staying in a relationship “for the children” (not in the context of one of them being gay but I think it applies). The person said that even if the parents act like everything is normal, the kids still pick up how the parents react in situations and they internalize how they’re supposed to “give in” to situations that aren’t good for their mental health, etc. I know you didn’t mention your children in this way but it’s something to think about. I’m sure you want to model behaviour you’d like your kids to adopt in their own relationships going forward.

Just a thought. :}

Stick around. There are lots of stories of people exiting their relationships and succeeding where they never thought they could.

Welcome to EC, btw. :slight_smile:

Jay91 and silverhalo like this.
  3. Ingvermama

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Jaywilk,
    I can slightly empathise with you. And my heart breaks for you. I am bi and married to a man who I love and I wouldn’t want to hurt him. We have children, and I love my place in the world very much, but there is a large part of me that would love a relationship with a woman. I have no advice for you as I’m a slightly different position. I’m here for you if you want to chat.

dirtyshirt84 and Jay91 like this.
  4. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Do you think that you are gay or bisexual? You have been with him for 13 years, was all of that forced by heteronormativity? Is this the first time that you have been dissatisfied with your marriage? Of the 13 years that you have been together how much of it have you been married? All relationships have an ebb and flow, you should examine whether your dissatisfaction happened before or after you realized your feelings for her. Many people leave their marriages to be with another person only to find that does not make things better.

Staying with someone because "it is what you are supposed to do" is actually harmful to everyone in the end (I have done this before and it was a disaster for everyone). Your husband deserves to be with someone who really wants to be with him because they want to be with him not just because it is the socially approved thing to do. You also deserve to be with someone that is a good fit. The children also deserve to have happy well adjusted parents, living with unhappy parents together is worse than living with happy parents who are apart.

I have felt this way about several relationships, they ended anyway. I survived and everyone would have been better off if the relationships had ended earlier.

You can and will hurt him, people in relationships hurt each other. Ending a relationship does hurt but being with someone that you should not be with hurts more and it hurts longer.

I personally believe that we only get one chance at life and that we need to do the best that we can with the life that we have.

Jo Hannah and Lemony like this.
  5. Lemony

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Agree with everything you said here QuietPeace.

Jay91 likes this.
  6. Jay91

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people

Thanks for the reply... no he doesn't know how I feel at all, I am petrified to break his heart and break this 'perfect life' I don't have any evidence that he wouldn't be supportive but I just have a big fear of hurting people :frowning2:

7. Ingvermama

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes I felt worried about that too when I came out to my husband, but as I’m bi, I sugar coated it with the fact I had chosen him out of every human adult on the planet!
    I don’t have any magic answers for you, but always here to chat.

8. Jay91

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people

yes I've been with him 13 years and always knew growing up at school/adolescence that I preferred girls, me and my husband kind of 'ended up together' when he asked me to marry me I had an awful feeling that I wanted to say no because it wasn't the life I wanted but I was too scared to say no I have a huge fear of upsetting people. (Lots of issues due to childhood issues)

I totally know he deserves somebody who loves him truly loves him, expecially as his heart is so big and he truly would do anything for anyone. Everyone calls him 'too nice' this is why I don't want to hurt him :frowning2: it's such a hard situation expecially with kids involved too. He is clueless about it I pretending everything is ok...

9. Jay91

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    T

Thank you for your reply... how did he take it when you told him? If you don't mind me asking... and are you still with him? If you rather dm me that's cool :slight_smile:

Love2sleep likes this.
  10. Ingvermama

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am still with him, he took it well. I was so worried about his reaction but was going to burst if I didn’t tell him. Funnily enough the first question he asked me was ‘who do I fancy’! Sometimes I’ll point out a beautiful person to him and he’ll agree. I would never want to hurt him, so unless he leaves me or does something really awful to me I won’t leave him.

Jay91 likes this.
  11. Ingvermama

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I also don’t think we can private message as we aren’t full members.

Jay91 likes this.
  12. Jay91

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    oh bless you. I totally know that feeling
    About feeling like your going to pop. Thing is with me I know I won't be truly happy unless I am with a women. And it breaks my heart. But I can't do anything about it other then hope reincarnation is real and can live the life I want when I come back :frowning2:

when I met up with the women a few weeks ago it felt totally right and I felt happy for the first time and since then I struggling to push down the feelings again. But being pregnant I'm going to have to try :frowning2:

13. Ingvermama

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well you can try but I think it will make you poorly in the end. Denying yourself who you truly are is soul destroying. Could you talk to your husband a little bit, maybe vaguely and see what his opinion is on all things LGBTQIA+?

Lemony and Jay91 like this.
  14. Lemony

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know you don’t want to hurt him but in all honesty not telling him is. I know it is even harder that you’re also pregnant.
    Is there a lgbt service you could access?

Jay91 likes this.
  15. Jay91

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know :frowning2:

I'm not sure I didn't know there was such services I'll have a look

Lemony likes this.
  16. Lemony

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you’re in cotswold in Australia, we have Qlife.

Jay91 likes this.
  17. Jay91

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thousands of miles away but thank you

18. Lemony

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You said you’ve been with your husband for 13 years. Is it possible he may of caught on to this that you have had these feelings in the past? I mean 13 years is a long time together.

Jay91 likes this.
  19. Jay91

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmm I'm not sure... due to the jobs we were in we only started to live with each other a few years ago.

Lemony likes this.
  20. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A lot of people when talking about such things use "met up with the woman" to really mean "had sex with the woman", is that what you are saying? If so, do you really think that cheating on your husband is nicer than leaving? I have been cheated on, leaving is much nicer.