1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Male 56

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by greg56, Oct 12, 2012.

1. greg56

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    saw therapist today, gave me a booklet on Anxiety...symptoms, etc. Oh, and breathing excersizes

---------- Post added 25th Oct 2012 at 03:19 PM ----------

it's funny, maybe because I understand more about the aches, pains, etc, and where they're coming from...but, I feel better than I have in almost two weeks

2. wandering i

That's awesome to hear!
    I'm about to catch a bus to the store. Thanks for updating with your good news. Take it easy and take care.

3. greg56

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh, that's right....I went grocery shopping too!

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's almost surreal sometimes how simple things like breathing exercises or stretching exercises can make us feel so much better. Glad you're doing better. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. greg56

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey Lexington...how was your vacation?

6. wandering i

I'm so happy we both have food, now. :")

7. greg56

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lol

Except, I'm getting apprehensive again. Is there a cure for ptsd?

#107 greg56, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  8. wandering i

Sorry that I don't know if there is a definitive cure, but I don't think it's something you can be rid of all at once. From my limited knowledge, it is something that you must deal with and slowly learn your way through. This would be a great question for your therapist.

With my dysthemia (minor depression) it is something that can never be fully cured (although is does sometimes disappear after many years). It can only treated and kept in control. So although for the rest of my life I will be susceptible to depressive episodes, instead of letting my episodes control my life, I can plan to deal with the episodes when they happen using therapy, healthy behaviors, a good network of reliable friends, and medicine. That way every time I have a depressive episode life doesn't come crashing down around my ears.

I can't say if this is the same as what you are going through (I assume it's at least a little different). But I want you to know that even if you don't get "100% better" with no further hard spells, it is okay. It doesn't mean life is going to suck forever, just that there is a new, difficult element of your life that needs to be handled when it becomes problematic. And there will be good spells too. Getting help and learning how to make things better for yourself should make those good spells last much longer and the bad spells milder and shorter. It is so much better than letting it go untreated and letting the bad spells completely take over and get longer and worse.

You're at a beginning stage of dealing with this, so no matter what the future holds, right now take every good day as a tremendous victory and don't worry if you have a bad day. It's alright. You're doing a great job!

9. greg56

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks, I guess this means I have to work on it. I feel exhausted. Not sure if I have the energy to deal with my problems and other peoples problems as well. Thank You all for sticking with me...it means a great deal to me.
    greg

10. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    PTSD takes time and effort to treat. If your therapist is trained in EMDR (ask her), it's shown itself to be very effective in treatment of PTSD in over 20 years of use in the VA hospital system, so that's a safe and pretty simple technique that might be a big help to you.

Meantime, if you practice the breathing techniques and other tools she gave you to help with the anxiety, I think you'll be surprised at how quickly it can become an effective tool to help.

It can be exhausting to deal with PTSD and the related symptoms. But it also is something that you'll see a good response to if you just keep going to therapy, practicing the techniques, working on learning to relax and let go of the feelings as they come up.

11. wandering i

It's ok not to worry about other people right now. When you are feeling better you can extend yourself more. But taking care of yourself right now is top priority. OK?
    And it's my pleasure, I am proud of you and glad to be able to post when I can.

12. greg56

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I read a story by another person that was abused by his Dr. Even though I've been told it happens a lot...this happened to me.

Then it hit me...I did not get and erection, I did not have an ejaculation...HE DIDN'T SUCCEED, SUCKER!!!! He FAILED, he didn't conquer me at all!! Do you know how good this feels!!! What a wiener!! And he's the one that ended up in jail! HA! And hopefully he got what he deserved in there!!

I feel like snoopy dancing on top of his dog house!! lol

#112 greg56, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  13. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

I LOVE this part :eusa_danc

14. greg56

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I literally feel like a piece of ME was put back into place when I realized this! Is this what recovery feels like?

And I have all of you and many others who actually DO CARE to Thank.

greg

15. greg56

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I appologize for what I "hoped" for the Dr., he was/is obviously "sick"...it wasn't very nice of me...I hope he has gotten the help that he needed.
    gret

16. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say that's what recovery feels like. :slight_smile:

17. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Greg,

It's fine to express negative feelings toward one's abuser. But still good that you recognize it wasn't the kindest thing to say :slight_smile:

And yes, it can be very freeing to realize that your abuser didn't "succeed." Just keep in mind... it's still hurtful to you, still just as real, and still just as much deserving of your attention in healing the scars whether he "succeeded" or not.

18. greg56

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Is what he did to me wrong....Yes

But I gave him power over me, by letting him get into my head, by feeling guilty...like it was my fault, I let him, I watched him.

I didn't let him do what he was planning...he took advantage of me, it was his problem not mine.
    greg

19. greg56

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    He was probably planning this from the beginning as he specifically asked me about any sexual encounters with guys during one of our conversations. He drew me in by "caring" about who I was. Remember I had no insurance and only paid for the first few visits. Who would think that this was a bad man? He had to be a good person, pro bono visits, caring conversations.

While he was doing this to me...it "felt" wrong. But, he was the Good Dr. so it must just be my nasty mind. He had all the correct props.

Not anymore...I've finally got it through my thick skull.

20. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

Hey Greg, it takes a long time to come to grips with how so called *good* people, can do these things to children.

It is also sad to see that Doctors too can fall into this sickness.

In time you may be able to forgive, saying you may. But as you and I both know we shall never forget.

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))